mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Little Connection between Weather and Migraines Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,540
Little Connection between Weather and Migraines

Though several studies have found that weather conditions like temperature, sunshine, and atmospheric pressure can trigger migraines, a new study finds that there is no strong evidence that this is true. Headache diaries from 238 migraine sufferers showed no significant correlation between weather conditions and migraine symptoms. Furthermore, researchers found numerous discrepancies between participants' perceptions of the weather on a given day and actual weather conditions, suggesting that people may be more likely to recall "bad weather" on days that they have migraines or less likely to do so on migraine-free days. More...
karkuss
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 8:55:24 AM

Neurons: 402
Very interesting, but I think it should be taken a step farther. A study that includes human behavior and reactions to weather ,not just headaches.
Christine
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 11:05:32 AM

Neurons: 15,842
My migraines were from my periods. That is one good thing I don't have to endure!
aerie
Posted: Saturday, January 1, 2011 6:42:07 PM

Neurons: 24
My migraines are associated with my periods as well, but I surely do get what I call "barometric headaches", although I wouldn't classify their severity the same.