mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Tens of Millions Driving Drunk, Drugged in US Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,540
Tens of Millions Driving Drunk, Drugged in US

While the rate of people who drive drunk or drugged in the US is down, 30 million people still drive drunk each year and another 10 million drive while under the influence of illicit drugs. The states of Wisconsin and North Dakota were found to have the highest rates of drunk driving, with nearly a quarter of all drivers operating a vehicle while drunk. Meanwhile, Rhode Island and Vermont topped the list for drugged driving. More...
wercozy
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 4:34:59 AM

Neurons: 3,480
In a perfect world...

Can we muse as to what I would do if I were queen?

In order for a car to operate, it would require passing a breath analyzer and a pee test. Cars driven by the public would be set to drive no faster than 80 mph, while law enforcement vehicles could travel over 100 mph. Rationale: The cops could catch every speeder, drunk, and drug affected driver.
Epiphileon
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 7:02:56 AM

Neurons: 166,696
If someone is killed or injured by a drunk driver, the driver is sentence to serve time asx a crash dummy.
karkuss
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 7:21:48 AM

Neurons: 402
If in fact in an average year 30 million people drive drunk and another 10 million are driving drugged, that's 40 million impaired drivers out on our roads,gasp,omg. that is freakn scary thought. Even though the numbers are down from the previous year does it reflect our distorted society? Our doctors , lawyers , and politicians have to be included in this herd of beasts. How queer.
MarySM
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 9:44:51 AM

Neurons: 6,084
I'm glad the numbers are down, but even one is too many when it's a member of your own family. My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver years ago leaving my sister and two little girls aged three years and six months old. I know my nieces would have had a much easier time growing up if their Dad had been around.

Maybe this bad economy is having a good effect on these numbers. Personally, I can think of lots of things I would like to do with money instead of spending it on liquor.
moinks
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 8:27:23 PM

Neurons: 3
In my experience and travels I feel most folks on the road driving after 9:00 pm are buzzed, either by alcohol or somebodys potent medical weed stash. Everybody in CA has a legal way to get the high-end stuff today. There's a bud in most every bar and if one socializes they can find it and get high too. The values and standards of the American youth is to get high and lie about it to everyone concerned. No ethical standards exist, the youth of today live in a world of deception. Mechanized death on the highways is bound to get a great deal worse.
Prilli01
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:00:23 AM

Neurons: 3
Oh my god! The picture shows damage that might have happened. Even if a person isn’t hurting anybody, he/she is building up a big problem for oneself and they need a good DUI lawyer to fight against charges. Also, BAC level is different from place to place.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:21:30 PM

Neurons: 69,802
Well, the numbers are down, but Canada has just legalized marijuana and it looks like the U.S. is following close behind, so we can expect the numbers of people getting killed and maimed will go up again.

I like Epiphileon's idea. Let's make is true for both alcohol and drugs.