mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Bickering about Religion is an execise in Futility Options
Raia Dalila
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 3:50:11 AM

Neurons: 278
The erlyest Christians began persecuting each other,(in the midst of endless figthings of the conciles). After each Consile, Theologie over that of Alexandria, or that of Antiochia, or that of Constantinople; Huge crowds where following and waiting for the results. When a Theologian had triunph, others stayed with their Theologie formulas and spoused theyr names as THE Cult: Nestorius of Constantinopolis for example, argued that The Blessed Virgin Mary should be called Mother of Christ and not Mother of God.
While the terme 'Théotokus',- Mother of God- has been allready familiar to the Greeks, to desenvow it was an insult to- as much the Christ as to his Mother!- It was in the name of the Théotokus Cult that the Greek opinion became revolted against the Nestorians. This is just one example of the endless Theological battles of decrees.

The different Cults were persecuting each other. While Rome was just ruins and ashes destroyed soiled with filthe by the Barbarians. There is no real History of Christianity but the Wars between dogmas, doctrines, and intrigues, murders, assasination and the aquisition of Power. Constantin was a General who's mother was a Christian, He proclaimed himself Bishob of Rome, using the model of The Pops of Antiochia, (todays Orthodox)and moved the Siege of Rome to Constantinopolis.
The documentations of Primitif Christianity are very scarce, and do not shed any significant ligth, on thees ancients times for much findings. The Apostles were very poor and illetered young men who came from small villages, not one Evangile was writen by their hands. Paul could no write, he never met Jesus but was contemporanius of Jesus death, when he was still murdering The New Religion believers. His Evangile was writen by Mathieu to whom Paul dictated, Mathieu was sixty years younger I believe, and overstaded, adding of his own thinking. What i would like to convey is just a hint. How futile is the bickering in religion discussions. NOBODY knows anything. They need to belong, to exorcise the feeling of helplesness and fear of Death. Humans need Spirituality
TALBUIXE
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 4:25:45 AM

Neurons: 139
It’s a quite interesting issue for those days (near Christmas days).

As well, every one of us (human beings) have his own opinion about religion, or, in other words, how we have to serve God or follow his teachings, therefore religion is a source of conflicts since the moment that became a human being matter.

I agree with you, the human being need spirituality, for not to be alone in the universe.

I respect all religion beliefs, but I hope the same from the others.

Peace be with you / Namaste.
MarySM
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 9:15:05 AM

Neurons: 6,084
I beieve in Karma. I think I will not be punished for my sins but that I will be punished by them.
Wanderer
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 9:46:43 AM

Neurons: 78,988
I like that Mary.
Cat
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 12:53:23 PM

Neurons: 194,017
MarySM wrote: I think I will not be punished for my sins but that I will be punished by them.

I agree with Wanderer, beautiful idea.

Cat
HWNN1961
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 1:26:36 PM

Neurons: 9,763
A man has instant karma. If he says, does, or thinks wrong: the moment he steps outside an anvil falls on his head.

Thus, he is the perfect man: perfect in thought and deed, owing to the consequences.

The question is: if a man acts properly due purely to avoid negative consequences, be that man ever so perfect, is that man a saint or a coward?

I am suspicious of Karma: if it is to be accepted, is morality replaced by self-interest, even if the results are good, doesn't this diminish the soul?
Dreamy
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 5:10:16 PM

Neurons: 10,806
Raia Dalila wrote:
The erlyest Christians began persecuting each other,(in the midst of endless figthings of the conciles). After each Consile, Theologie over that of Alexandria, or that of Antiochia, or that of Constantinople; Huge crowds where following and waiting for the results. When a Theologian had triunph, others stayed with their Theologie formulas and spoused theyr names as THE Cult: Nestorius of Constantinopolis for example, argued that The Blessed Virgin Mary should be called Mother of Christ and not Mother of God.
While the terme 'Théotokus',- Mother of God- has been allready familiar to the Greeks, to desenvow it was an insult to- as much the Christ as to his Mother!- It was in the name of the Théotokus Cult that the Greek opinion became revolted against the Nestorians. This is just one example of the endless Theological battles of decrees.

The different Cults were persecuting each other. While Rome was just ruins and ashes destroyed soiled with filthe by the Barbarians. There is no real History of Christianity but the Wars between dogmas, doctrines, and intrigues, murders, assasination and the aquisition of Power. Constantin was a General who's mother was a Christian, He proclaimed himself Bishob of Rome, using the model of The Pops of Antiochia, (todays Orthodox)and moved the Siege of Rome to Constantinopolis.
The documentations of Primitif Christianity are very scarce, and do not shed any significant ligth, on thees ancients times for much findings. The Apostles were very poor and illetered young men who came from small villages, not one Evangile was writen by their hands. Paul could no write, he never met Jesus but was contemporanius of Jesus death, when he was still murdering The New Religion believers. His Evangile was writen by Mathieu to whom Paul dictated, Mathieu was sixty years younger I believe, and overstaded, adding of his own thinking. What i would like to convey is just a hint. How futile is the bickering in religion discussions. NOBODY knows anything. They need to belong, to exorcise the feeling of helplesness and fear of Death. Humans need Spirituality

Why should this unreferenced example of critical opinion weigh against the Canon of Scripture that can be clearly authenticated regardless of its vulnerability to sceptical criticism???

Any experienced Christian knows that points of difference are inevitable, even among the closest of believing friends and colleagues, and handles them with godly wisdom.

2Timothy 2:14-16 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. (15) Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1Corinthians 11:18-19 For first of all, when you come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. (19) For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 5:13:47 PM

MarySM wrote:
I beieve in Karma. I think I will not be punished for my sins but that I will be punished by them.

Good for you to believe in Karma one have to 'believe' i guess! I dont believe in sins, then according to Karma; inexperience in life are sins that will come back, to punish and to ruin the life of a young girl, or a young boy? Boo hoo!
Wanderer
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 5:25:40 PM

I don't know why you would say the first christians were illiterate. Most Jewish men in Christ time could read and write because they were commanded to read the Laws. Paul especially because he was from the school of Gamaliel a doctor of the law a Pharisee.

Yes, karma is like consequences. What you put out you will receive. But sometimes, our mistakes become teachers that lead us to better understanding.

wercozy
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 6:13:44 PM

Neurons: 3,480
The original Bible was written in Greek. Scholars have written about how different each book appears to be. There was high Greek and low Greek. We can only guess that the low Greek was probably due to a low level of education. Being that the names of rulers, cities and countries was often incorrect or misspelled, we can further guess that the early writers were also historically and geographically challenged.
GeorgeV
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 6:32:26 PM

Neurons: 2,410
RAIA D. is not writing about the early - Palestine - period, but a later one when there were Chr. enclaves in different parts of the R. Empire. By this time there were many slave converts, few of them would be literate.
Acc. to an author (whose name I don't remember) the number of slaves committing suicide in order to escape to Heaven represented a clear financial loss to their owners. Apparently this led to the Church's/authorities' proscription of suicide.
excaelis
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 6:36:13 PM

Neurons: 32,652
I think differences in spelling had as much to do with a lack of standardised spelling as it did ignorance, also the difficulty of translating names from languages with different scripts. Further, large parts of The Book were originally written in Hebrew or Aramaic rather than Greek. High and Low Greek were as much divisions between spoken and literary language as anything else. We see the same thing in Egyptian, Latin and even modern French. Guess again.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 8:00:55 PM

Dreamy wrote:
Raia Dalila wrote:

Why should this unreferenced example of critical opinion weigh against the Canon of Scripture that can be clearly authenticated regardless of its vulnerability to sceptical criticism???

Any experienced Christian knows that points of difference are inevitable, even among the closest of believing friends and colleagues, and handles them with godly wisdom.

2Timothy 2:14-16 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. (15) Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1Corinthians 11:18-19 For first of all, when you come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. (19) For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

THIS is this! On what authority you venture proclaiming; THIS unreferenced example of critical opinion etc... Here comes the bickerings! Throwing references as if throwing her shoes on people heads! I do not need to search for references, maybe because i come from where all your fiercly loved Prophets came. 'This' is not a 'Concile' and there are No 'decrees'. So please it is futile to show your rage.

Here, we now live in a Free Society and the word 'Heresie' is a very skary word. We dont live in Inquisition Life and Times when ignorance and stupidity, was at the peek. Are you com-pe-le-te-ly indiferent to all the sufferings and cruelties.

The Catholique Church created a reign of terror. Are cats guilty of Heresie too? Well, because they where Black..so cats where hanged, burned alive, beaten with sticks and stoned..and so on. Of course supposed witches and other bloody, barbaric tortures to force a confession, in the Name of What? You mention a sermon in a Church..and quote a citation from the evangile, where a Saint ignitesEh? suspected heresies among them, what a horrible gift of fear and mistrustSpeak to the hand(among Them!)

In the first place Jesus never ordered any doctrine, never spoke about a Church. In those times people would go for discussions in a knesseh (Arameic:semitic origin) witch means church in Arabic since, and still. Arabic Christians say Mother of Christ (Um el Massih), since, and still. Rome two hundred years after the Natif Christians, whose sieges were in Antioch, Alexandria and Jerusalem, proclaimed herself The Roman-(Catholica)-wich means -Universal- Christian Religion!

This after roman soldiers persecutions of Christians on their own land, among theese Saint-George, a Palestinian valourus and feerless figther, who protected Christians from the roman soldiers, he was tortured to death. He is gloryfid by the most beautifull erliests Greek Icons all over the Near-East and Farther-East, in all the Christian Cults.
Cat
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 8:07:38 PM

Neurons: 194,017
I was under the illusion that the topic was:

Bickering about Religion is an exercise in Futility

If so, why the bickering?
Babezy
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 8:30:12 PM

Neurons: 2,806
We can all use the exercise?
excaelis
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 9:09:57 PM

I wasn't bickering, I was quibbling. Angel
Wanderer
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 9:59:28 PM

And I was just saying.
wercozy
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 11:17:06 PM

Neurons: 3,480
exca, the OP was talking about the early Christians so I was thinking about the New Testament which was written originally in Greek. So, you are right, the Old Testament was written in Hebrew. I should have made that point clearer.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 11:31:12 PM

TALBUIXE wrote:
It’s a quite interesting issue for those days (near Christmas days).

As well, every one of us (human beings) have his own opinion about religion, or, in other words, how we have to serve God or follow his teachings, therefore religion is a source of conflicts since the moment that became a human being matter.

I agree with you, the human being need spirituality, for not to be alone in the universe.

I respect all religion beliefs, but I hope the same from the others.

Peace be with you / Namaste.

AngelAngel Greetings and Peace to you
excaelis
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 11:46:48 PM

wercozy wrote:
exca, the OP was talking about the early Christians so I was thinking about the New Testament which was written originally in Greek. So, you are right, the Old Testament was written in Hebrew. I should have made that point clearer.

See Ms.Cat, I was quibbling. So there. Whistle
Dreamy
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 2:36:03 AM

Raia Dalila, may I suggest you use "spellcheck" on your posts. As well as fallacies of composition, ironically given your bitching about the mistakes of others, your writing is riddled with them. However, I do forgive you.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 2:50:42 AM

Wanderer wrote:
I don't know why you would say the first christians were illiterate. Most Jewish men in Christ time could read and write because they were commanded to read the Laws. Paul especially because he was from the school of Gamaliel a doctor of the law a Pharisee.

Yes, karma is like consequences. What you put out you will receive. But sometimes, our mistakes become teachers that lead us to better understanding.

I don't know why you read something I did not write, Jesus came from a small and poor village, the familie was very pious, and had to be able to reed for that only purpose. The boy had unique delicat morals, he knew nor expected nothing of what would be expected from him. All what is known, is that the Jewish people were expecting the Meshiah, the same that they are still waiting for, that would bring an end to this world.

The Prophet John was famous, and was anouncing that people repent and be pure of sins. To purificate it takes water, to be brief; The rich had water the poor did not. The Pharisien would not let the poor sinners into the Temple. John was baptising the poor in an 'Oasis' in the desert, it is known that Jesus left his village, to be baptized by John. That is how they met, and became great friends. He stayed in the Desert after all the rest of the people had left.

The two spent a few days having long conversations, and seemed to be very much in communion with each other, it was so observed. Jesus left and they were never seen together again. There was a dispute about a messaia bringing Death. Those who eventually followed Jesus (the eleven or twelve) were illiterate very poor villagers near the Sea, mostly fishermen..This comes from bits of documentation from the Primitif Christianity.

(Saul)Paul born in Tarsus, Celicia. Witch is far from Jerusalem, in Anatolia(Turkey). I said in my poste that i believed he was contemporain to the death of Jesus, there was a related fact to the Cross on wich Jesus died. I had a vague memory of that fact, wich made me think this. He was born five years after Jesus. When he went to Jerusalem, he was chocked by the words writen on the cross, it influenced the sequenced hatred of the Christians. Shall Be Damned They Who Die By Wood. He became Paul the prosecuter murdering Christian Jews.

Paul went at Tarsus Univesity, were there was more contacts between Orientals and Europeans. He was the son of a Roman. He travelled to Jerusalem and studied at Gamaliel. He travelled to preach at the Synagogues of Damascus and in Arabia returning to Jerusalem. He did write his epiters ten years after twenty years of preaching all over Greece, Syria, Anatolia and Rome. By then he must have ben over sixty, for it was a rough life and probably his eyes were failing or both eyes and hands, in Antioche he dictated his evangile to the young Mathew.
He was thrown in a Jerusalem prison, he demanded to be sent instead to Rome as a Citizen, his father being a Roman.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 3:55:13 AM

GeorgeV wrote:
RAIA D. is not writing about the early - Palestine - period, but a later one when there were Chr. enclaves in different parts of the R. Empire. By this time there were many slave converts, few of them would be literate.
Acc. to an author (whose name I don't remember) the number of slaves committing suicide in order to escape to Heaven represented a clear financial loss to their owners. Apparently this led to the Church's/authorities' proscription of suicide.

Raia D.is writing about early Palestine, there were no Christians and certainly no Moslems. When Abraham arrived from Ur there were the inhabitants of Canaan, Israel was seven hundred (i dont know I am not a Historian, i talk of memory) or eleven hundred Years-in Five Thowsend years in the History of the Land of Canaan.

At the time that Jesus was born it was Palestine....'Israel' means 'children of Jacob, or Isaac, or..(normaly it should mean 'Children of Abraham' but then it would include Ishmail the First Born! God told Abraham to have a child with his servant Agar.. wich i am sure you know the story..His wife was aged and barren but she gave birth to a son Isaac, (someone had changed his mind we dont know who if it was God), it seemed to happen in thoose times, as i read Ms Dreamer say the same thing happened to Elisabeth Mary's cousin, the mother of John(Hanna) the cousin of Jesus, according to the Gospel or The New Testament. To come back to were i was, Israel was devided in little Kingdoms, like Greeks (Helenic) little kingdoms, Syria little Kingdoms. In Cesar Augustus Era. While you were talking about Chr.enclaves...there where no Christians..yet!
Dreamy
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 4:29:44 AM

Raia Dalila wrote:
Quote:
The Prophet John was famous, and was anouncing that people repent and be pure of sins. To purificate it takes water, to be brief; The rich had water the poor did not. The Pharisien would not let the poor sinners into the Temple. John was baptising the poor in an 'Oasis' in the desert, and it is known that Jesus left his village, to go to John and be baptized. That is how they met and became great friends. After wich, Jesus left and they were never seen together again.

Now Raia,this is a great opportunity to provide references which give substance to what you assert.

John the Baptist and Jesus were cousins.

Luke 1:24-37
(24) And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
(25) Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. (30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. (34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(36) And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren
(37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.

(57) Now Elisabeth's full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son.
(58) And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shewed great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her. (59) And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father.
(60) And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John.
(61) And they said unto her, There is none of thy kindred that is called by this name.
(62) And they made signs to his father, how he would have him called.
(63) And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, His name is John. And they marvelled all.
(64) And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.

(80) And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

John had not lived near Nazareth where Jesus grew up.

John 1:29-37 KJV
(29) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
(30) This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
(31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

(32) And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
(33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
(34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

(35) Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
(36) And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
(37) And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 4:39:23 AM

Cat wrote:

Angel
Because it started with a..hint...you see, i am happy to see you escaped from Queen Isabel ''la Catholique''Pray Great Cat Massacre.
Ray41
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:05:27 AM

Neurons: 45,980
Raia Dalila wrote;

John was baptising the poor in an 'Oasis' in the desert, and it is known that Jesus left his village, to go to John and be baptized.

I don't wish to bicker about this, but, I was always taught that 'John the Baptist' baptised Jesus in the Jordan River, which isn't an 'Oasis'.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:11:45 AM

[quote=Babezy]We can all use the exercise?

redsxz
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:38:21 AM

Neurons: 5,425
Shhh.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:01:58 AM

Dreamy wrote:
Raia Dalila, may I suggest you use "spellcheck" on your posts. As well as fallacies of composition, ironically given your bitching about the mistakes of others, your writing is riddled with them. However, I do forgive you.

Raia Dalila never learned Shhh English in School, but she should have a spelling button! She wants to see when, and were she was 'bitching' about the mistakes of others please? That is something she would never do, if you are talking about writing mistakes how can she correct English, be logical.Shame on you
As well fallacies....in composition?...or the fallacies....of the Facts??? She asked if you can be more to the point.

Speak to the hand She said that she does not care about the teatcher corrections...when they pronounce a vulgarity such as (bitching). Funny thing she scored tree Perfect Matching Words-100%,Angel Three days in a rowe. Finaly, however,: She is extreemly thankfull for you Forgivness.
Dreamy
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 8:37:00 PM

Raia, here is the link to get your free spellcheck installed.

Add Free Google Spellcheck
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:09:08 PM

Raia Dalila wrote:
Cat wrote:

Angel
Because it started with a..hint...you see, i am happy to see you escaped from the Queen of Spain Isabela 'la Catholica'sPray great cat massacre.

Sod'oh! I am the manager hear Cat? She is yelling at me up there. What am i to do? I think the illusion is still in Good Health. Look upper to the beautyfull Post directly from Spain.

To exercise or not to exercise! That is the question
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:14:30 PM

Dreamy wrote:
Raia, here is the link to get your free spellcheck installed.

Add Free Google Spellcheck

Not talking Niet
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:48:18 PM

Wanderer wrote:

All my life was an apprenticeship. I was punished for mistakes i was not responsable for, now that hurted

I did reply 'en rapport' with a clarification about the subject you mentioned above, I have two other replys that are also missing.
Raia Dalila
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 10:00:43 PM

Ray41 wrote:
Raia Dalila wrote;

John was baptising the poor in an 'Oasis' in the desert, and it is known that Jesus left his village, to go to John and be baptized.

I don't wish to bicker about this, but, I was always taught that 'John the Baptist' baptised Jesus in the Jordan River, which isn't an 'Oasis'.

I am so sorry you did not get my reply, as also Wanderer, and Ms Drumer I mean
Ms Dreamer, i wil try to find them
HWNN1961
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 10:04:46 PM

Neurons: 9,763
Let me parse this a bit finer:

Bickering about religion as relates to dogma...the "simon sez" or the propaganda of various religions is futile. This has nothing to do with genuine mystical experience, mankind reaching to touch the face of God. No, this is the mean-spirited, cultish, power hungry, manipulative "rules" that are so-called "divinely inspired". Clue: as soon as someone says something is divinely inspired, it probably isn't. It's more than likely inspired by greed, lust, ego, megalomania, paranoia. Name any shortcoming of feeble human beings you can think of, this is the wellspring.

Examples:

1. Christianity: so many sects, so little time. They cannot even agree completely on the nature of God. What does it mean to be the "son of God" when many Jewish sects called the sons of light and the sons of God anyone that was righteous. Never mind that Jesus cryptically called himself "son of man". In any event, the early Christians borrowed heavily from the myths and themes of the pagan religions around them. Let's not even touch upon the trinity. God is one, but, he's in three persons....it's a mystery. No, it's a travesty.

2. Islam: Let me get this right. Abram, later Abraham, left "Ur of the Chaldees" sometime between 1600 and 1300 BCE. Mohammed had revelations in a cave in Arabia in the 600s AD. Two thousand years passed, and yet he suddenly had the "true" story, and did a complete edit of the Jewish Bible?? Really? Was there some oral tradition among the bedouin that Ishmael got shafted, that the Jewish holy books were a lie? Or did it have something to do with the fact that the Prophet was a merchant that frequented Jerusalem and was most certainly versed in Jewish and Christian dogma an history? This cannot be respected. He made it up for his own reasons.

3. Judaism: There are passages where massacres are described. Not satisifed to kill all the enemy soldiers, not satisfied to execute prisoners...in their blood-lust, the Israelite soldiers killed every woman and child in the the enemy towns they sacked. They even killed the animals. Supposdely Yaweh approved. Did he really, or is history written by the victors? No God I'd worship condones slaughter like this. How on earth could the donkey or the sheep of the enemy deserve death. It's absolutely macabre.

Religion is delusion. Arguing about it is a waste of energy.