mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Learn how to defend yourself? Options
Vickster
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 11:05:51 AM

Neurons: 7,211
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rr30tpPM4w

Thought this was funny but interesting... briacial plexis stun... a type of defence for someone attacking you... easy but can be very dangerous if used inappropriately... anyone else know of any pressure point type defence styles??
Lady Penelope
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 11:29:03 AM

Neurons: 1,107
I don't know any, but that clip made me laugh.

Thanks for brightening a dull afternoon.
tootsie
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:34:33 PM

Neurons: 23,730
didnt like, dont understand, but then maybe i've always been too naive
redgriffin
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:44:35 PM

Neurons: 160,127
The Base of the Skull or the middle of the back those are kill points if hit hard enough. Of course there is the Groin kick and the back of the knees but in a street fight go in and grapple if your opponent takes you down you drag him down.
lenam
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:59:08 AM

Neurons: 3,816
This cannot be practical when someone tries to harm me when I walk on the roads or anywhere. I usually have safety pins in my purse for rogues who want to have some fun.
Vickster
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:04:20 AM

Neurons: 7,211
my point was... especially for woman.. learning basic skills in defending yourself is necessary in today's world.... This particular defense is quick, easy and gives your attacker a good stun to give you time to get away.... not to kill. If he is seriously attacking you... a good palm stick to the base of the nose or throat area will help. Kick in the groin is good, unless they are smart enough to wear a cup. Then, you sh*t out of luck because you've just damaged your knee after slamming it into plastic instead of mushy flesh...
Atiya
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:14:54 AM

Neurons: 6,093
Good tips Vicky, I am still not able to watch the video :-(

Adriaticus
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:46:03 AM

Neurons: 726
i think unless you get proper training 99% of these techniques won't work for the average victim under stress conditions. The goal is to do maximum damage in the simplest way, in case your life is at risk. In Asia many women carry a stanely blade to protect themselves, in Europe pepper spray are more common.
I would probably recommend to carry a Bic pen. It's a common item,pretty useful in a close wrestling and can be easily stuck in the eyeballs of your aggressor. You'll cause a permanent damage but if you're fighting for your life ...
redgriffin
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 11:29:27 AM

Neurons: 160,127
The truth be told is that unless you are really trained any defence will be ad hoc at best. The secret is that you always be aware of your surroundings and know how you can use everyday things in your defense Car Keys are a good way to wound an assailant a woman's high heel can kill so can a blow from the heel of ones hand. Everyone should take a self defence course from a place like the Y so that you have the confidence to walk in your neighborhood at anytime.

[i]Put away soap box and walk off stage.
Think
Say I was a idiot and I was in Congress; but wait I repeat myself. Mark Twain
lenam
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:58:30 AM

Neurons: 3,816
Vickster wrote:
my point was... especially for woman.. learning basic skills in defending yourself is necessary in today's world.... This particular defense is quick, easy and gives your attacker a good stun to give you time to get away.... not to kill. If he is seriously attacking you... a good palm stick to the base of the nose or throat area will help. Kick in the groin is good, unless they are smart enough to wear a cup. Then, you sh*t out of luck because you've just damaged your knee after slamming it into plastic instead of mushy flesh...

I agree with you, Vicky, but what I meant was when we are in the street or inside a mall, and especially with the kind of dresses that we wear, it is not very easy to perform the stunts. Pins or blade or even an umbrella sharp point could be of easier help to disembarass the attacker. Thanks to my safety pins! But, I truly appreciate anyone who could do these! Applause I hope I could learn some of the basic skills of defending myself.
alfiealvins
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:49:10 PM

Neurons: 9
Our freedom can only be interpreted as a retreat designed for your rights. Although your freedom is a part of you, and can not legitimately be sold or stolen, you may be removed by force or fraud. To protect your liberty and freedom in your family and neighbors, there are things that you should start doing, or start doing more often or more vigorously .