mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Sarah Palin "could beat Obama in 2012" Options
pedro
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:52:01 AM

Neurons: 63,022
She's beginning to match Bush jr for her gaffes-

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palinisms.htm

- could her density be the making of her destiny?
Atiya
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:19:09 AM

Neurons: 6,093

[image not available]
Atiya
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:48:01 AM

Sarah dear, whatever it is that you are smoking please pass it to me.. it IS good ;-)

MarySM
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:53:38 AM

Neurons: 6,084
I had followed George W. Bush when he was governor of Texas and I did not believe he could get elected back in 1999. Then we ended up with that fool in the White House for eight long years. Hopefully the Republicans will have a viable candidate and not Sarah.
lenam
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:59:21 AM

Neurons: 3,816
Sarah can be awarded the title for the best comedian of the year across the world!
AnthA1G
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:45:39 AM

Neurons: 3,432
Everything is possible in America.d'oh!
Susie
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:06:38 AM

Neurons: 1,154
So true. Even if the people vote against her, the electoral vote could put her in there and there would be nothing the average American can do about it. We can say plenty, just do nothing. Sad d'oh!
MarySM
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:36:14 PM

Neurons: 6,084
Susie wrote:
So true. Even if the people vote against her, the electoral vote could put her in there and there would be nothing the average American can do about it. We can say plenty, just do nothing. Sad d'oh!

Now I'm scared! How I wish I were ignorant of history.
Rhondish
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:35:26 PM

Neurons: 787
Then I move to Canada!
Kami
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:44:35 PM

Neurons: 687
America needs somebody who knows a lot about the economy and Palin hasn't yet offered a word about the economy. Obama has done a good job about health care. Now is the economy which i'm not sure is his strong point, though he keeps playing his "nguhda nguhda." We just have to wait for his term to elapse. Of course it's not only Obama's "nguhda nguhda" it's all that of the American people because they've made a choice to play it "nguhda nguhda" so they can turn around and blame the Chinese for currency manipulation.
Babezy
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:50:37 PM

Neurons: 2,806
I think Sarah Palin's a kind of hothouse flower. She can present well (to people who aren't already sick of her) when she's under certain very controlled conditions. If she's scripted, if she's surrounded by supporters, if she gets fluffy questions and a chance to throw out homespun cliches, it's all good. But a Presidential campaign is like being out in a blizzard, as she found out last time. I think she could make herself very popular before the campaign, but I think she'd get ripped to shreds during it.
maups2
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:13:44 PM

Neurons: 87
the fact that Sarah Palin has her own "reality tv" show just chills me to the bone. people are so blind to propaganda. I find it to be rather blatant.

Let's hope she doesn't become the "whore of babylon" as prophesied by the book of revelations.

excaelis
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:53:18 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Chill, maups2. The mystery of Babylon is not female. And the only way Sarah beats B-Dog is if she sneaks up with a bat. And I don't think Michie.O is gonna let that happen anytime soon.
wercozy
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 12:41:43 AM

Neurons: 3,480
How Do I Love She (Sarah Palin)

How do I love she?

Let me count the ways.

I love she to the depth of that $398 million bridge she should jump from

and breadth of her quiting history

and new heights of her ridiculousness and gaffes

She and her party can reach.

I love she most when she is out of sight, and out of mind.

For the ends justify the means thus true ideal gracelessness.

I love she to the level of every moose, bear and wolf rump's

Most quiet narcissistic need, by machine-gun and helicopter flight.

I love she pee freely, as men strive for tight-tights.

I love she hurley, as they turn from her inarticulate speech.

I love she with the passion of a large forest slug

In my old briefs, oh, wait! that wasn't a slug.

I love she with a love Todd seems to lose in his sheets

With his lost taints. I love she with spam and dread,

Frequent liar smiles, phony tears, of all our strife;

and, if the spaghetti monster choose,

I shall but love she better after her death, from the bridge to nowhere I guess.
BonKurei
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:36:39 AM

Neurons: 189

Considering 50% of the country has a negative view of Palin, I doubt she could win an election against Obama. She's to polarizing and would alienate the moderate and independent vote. Mitt Romney would be the best choice for the republicans IMO; he can beat Obama on the economy. Palin would be the greatest disaster of a president this country has ever seen. Think George W and then multiply it by 1000.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:05:53 AM

Neurons: 595,331
Just imagine Sarah Palin with THAT briefcase with codes and red button under her thumb.
HWNN1961
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:44:16 PM

Neurons: 9,763
It's conceivable only under certain rather artificial circumstances:

1. Most important: if the media, afraid of being labeled as "liberal" handle her with with velvet gloves.

There is precedence for this. Most recently: tea party members almost unanimously espouse the contradictory goals of balancing the budget and keeping the enormously expensive tax cuts of the Bush admin. Most mainstream press, eager to seem "unbiased" simply smiled and blinked at this absurdity, and didn't question it. Only editorialists and left leaning outlets did so.

The old adage is: "you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts". Using this as a guiding principle, the press should have pursued the fractured logic, demanded to know what programs would be cut to both balance the budget, keep the Bush tax cuts, and keep hands off the sacred cow of our huge defense budget.

Nope, nothing.

Then again, this goes all the way back to Ronald Reagan and the Laffer curve. Why stop now.

Also, the groundwork for reining in the press began when her handlers tried to turn an interview she had with Katie Currick (spelling?) into an ambush, when all she was asked were questions like what newspapers do you read, what supreme court decisions do you have an opinion on? This is an ambush???? If the press is cowed by this, they are not doing their job.

2. If Sarah and her campaign handlers are allowed to shape the campaign debates to make them nearly idiot-proof, with no honest give and take for her opponent to score points and paint her into a corner, then she can look positively "presidential" in an artifically limited debate format. All she has to do is memorize a series of bumper-sticker buzz words and phrases.

After all, when Ronald Reagan said "there you go again" this was hailed by the press as some pithy witicism. My stomach still turns!

3. The economy sucks. Unemployment may remain higher than we'd like for years. This leaves the door open for demagogues and crack-pots....enter Sarah.

So, look back at the 1980 election for a game plan for how she could win. The economy stank then too.

I don't really expect this though. There is another model that is in force as well. The Dan Quayle motif. For a very large spectrum of the American electorate, she has been branded an intellectual light-weight. That is hard to overcome. She has earned this on merit, I should add.

If she were to win, I worry for the future of this country. Any republic that would of it's own free will choose to have a buffoon as it's chief executive is not long for anything like authentic democracy.

Atiya
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:54:50 AM

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:08:17 AM

Neurons: 595,331
niblick
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:02:40 AM

Neurons: 562
HWNN1961 wrote:
It's conceivable only under certain rather artificial circumstances:

1. Most important: if the media, afraid of being labeled as "liberal" handle her with with velvet gloves.

There is precedence for this. Most recently: tea party members almost unanimously espouse the contradictory goals of balancing the budget and keeping the enormously expensive tax cuts of the Bush admin. Most mainstream press, eager to seem "unbiased" simply smiled and blinked at this absurdity, and didn't question it. Only editorialists and left leaning outlets did so.

The old adage is: "you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts". Using this as a guiding principle, the press should have pursued the fractured logic, demanded to know what programs would be cut to both balance the budget, keep the Bush tax cuts, and keep hands off the sacred cow of our huge defense budget.

Nope, nothing.

Then again, this goes all the way back to Ronald Reagan and the Laffer curve. Why stop now.

Also, the groundwork for reining in the press began when her handlers tried to turn an interview she had with Katie Currick (spelling?) into an ambush, when all she was asked were questions like what newspapers do you read, what supreme court decisions do you have an opinion on? This is an ambush???? If the press is cowed by this, they are not doing their job.

2. If Sarah and her campaign handlers are allowed to shape the campaign debates to make them nearly idiot-proof, with no honest give and take for her opponent to score points and paint her into a corner, then she can look positively "presidential" in an artifically limited debate format. All she has to do is memorize a series of bumper-sticker buzz words and phrases.

After all, when Ronald Reagan said "there you go again" this was hailed by the press as some pithy witicism. My stomach still turns!

3. The economy sucks. Unemployment may remain higher than we'd like for years. This leaves the door open for demagogues and crack-pots....enter Sarah.

So, look back at the 1980 election for a game plan for how she could win. The economy stank then too.

I don't really expect this though. There is another model that is in force as well. The Dan Quayle motif. For a very large spectrum of the American electorate, she has been branded an intellectual light-weight. That is hard to overcome. She has earned this on merit, I should add.

If she were to win, I worry for the future of this country. Any republic that would of it's own free will choose to have a buffoon as it's chief executive is not long for anything like authentic democracy.

Oh, no need to fret about the future 'of this country'. Over half of us have a very low opinion of President Obama but
have not despaired for the future. I am not sure what an 'authentic' democracy is but we will endure electoral gaffes
present and future; and no, I do not support Ms. Palin. A teeny observation? When almost all of the posters are happy
to confirm your progressive biases, for which you congratulate each other, you become a bit grandiose.

Babezy
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:28:37 AM

Neurons: 2,806
Congratulations, progressives! And I say that grandiosely, happily!
Epiphileon
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 11:08:14 AM

Neurons: 166,581
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Don't blame her JJ she can't see Korea from her porch.
HWNN1961
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 1:49:52 PM

Neurons: 9,763
Yes, it seems in the land of Oz, where Sarah resides with Dorothy...and Toto too, North Korea is our ally!

So, my hope that she will Dan Quayle herself to political oblivion has hope of playing out.
khalkeo
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 7:45:01 PM

Neurons: 144
Could... would... should not.
wercozy
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:28:54 PM

President Obama said, "I don't think about Sarah Palin," when he was asked, "Do you think she could beat you?"

Priceless, when said with a big smile and hearty laugh.
Geeman
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:27:53 PM

Neurons: 125,022
Palin's big problem is going to be the quitter label, and in more ways than one. The simple reality is that she had no good reason to quit being governor (unless she did...) and should she run for office she's vulnerable to a very legit attack: Won't she just quit on the whole country rather than just her state this time? Her VP will be running as much as she.

But I doubt she'll ever actually run. I suspect there is a *real* reason behind her quitting the gov's mansion, and that her leaving was really a deal made with the Feds or her own state's AG. (The latter seems more likely, what with all the controversies involved with her state police.) It looks to me like the kind of thing they had plenty of evidence on and taking off was the equivalent of a sweetheart deal rather than face charges that could get her thrown out plus face 5-10.

So, to run for PotUS she'd have to wait for the statute of limitations to run out on whatever it was that she (probably) did. Even with enough time, though, there's always the possibility a scandal breaking out based on whatever it was (I suspect) she did. A presidential run is a pretty tough shot for someone with that kind of thing between the lines on their resume.
kitten
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 1:37:17 AM

Neurons: 7,420
Heaven forbid we aren't that stupid........ again.d'oh! Speak to the hand

Regarding the above post....................all you have to know is where the bodies are buried and you can move up in the company or get another job. Amazing what people consider knowledge aka blackmailand and how it is used.Shhh Silenced
Christina Marlowe
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:20:39 PM

As long as you're having fun making fun of extraordinary stupid remarks; and vacant, idiotic smiles, hateful, hypocritical double talk, and blah, blah, blah. Maybe just maybe, if no one talks about that icredibly ignorant media-hounding moron, HER, THAT THING, maybe she would just crawl back into that pathological, filthy, worthless guttersnipe world of hers and never be seen or heard from again...SEE, one CAN have HOPE!

As always,

Cheers!!
smartycat
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:12:38 AM

Neurons: 30
The rest of the world watched and wondered a couple of yers ago...which would be more palatable to a nation with a big chunk of it's voters in the ultra conservative so-called Bible belt...an African-American, or a woman.

You decided.

Ms Palin couldn't even survive her own party...do you really think she has what it takes to become President?

If she does, the rest of us will be even more nervous about the US (politically and militarily speaking) than we are now.Eh?
wercozy
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:29:48 PM

Sarah Palin appeals to the following:

McDonald munchers
Bible thumpers
Couch potatoes
Inertitis sufferers
History buffs (not)
Geography buffs (not)
The educated (not)
The enlightened (not)
Pseudo-intellectuals (hmm, maybe)

Using forum logic, I'd have to say that Sarah Palin appeals to about 75% of the American population.
Jeech
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:50:18 PM

Neurons: 4,436
Would a little more shortening of her skirt help her win in elections? Do Americans care that? Just curious!!!
kitten
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 6:46:24 PM

Neurons: 7,420
wercozy wrote:
Sarah Palin appeals to the following:

McDonald munchers
Bible thumpers
Couch potatoes
Inertitis sufferers
History buffs (not)
Geography buffs (not)
The educated (not)
The enlightened (not)
Pseudo-intellectuals (hmm, maybe)

Using forum logic, I'd have to say that Sarah Palin appeals to about 75% of the American population.

Hello,

People are not that easily group together, however, if you are going to do that then number one on that list should be the, soccar moms, who love her or claim to love her to death as they can relate to her.d'oh!

Just because someone has an education doesn't mean that he or she will choose what is best for the nation and the world as a whole. There are many educated people who just don't get it but believe because of their education they do.Think

There are people who also happen to be on welfare, live in public housing, have schools that are below the dollar average per student but because they have good mentors or people they choose to emulate theymleave that enviroment and excell and do make the right choices.

The above is too broad a brush stroke way to broad.

peace out, >^,,^<

Christina Marlowe
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 7:10:56 PM

If Ms. Palin actually runs for and really then wins any election, as she has in the past; and if that election puts her in a true position of power, I will quietly go about my own business, knowing fully, at that point in time, that the human race, at least in America, has finally reached the lowest point ever, the absolute nadir. I'll always cheerfully wonder, though, just how it all happened...When did blinding stupidity and vast, sheer ignorance trump man's highest ideals and accomplishments? What will happen to scientific and high-minded studies, such as for cancer cures, stem cell research to help suffering people, etc., etc., when it is all replaced by insane and totally unfounded myths, i.e. LIES, such as that of CREATIONISM? I don't fear anything, though. On the contrary, I just sit by watching it all in stupefied wonder...numb and increasingly giddy.

Cheers!!

P.S. A good friend of mine gave me an odd bit of comfort with regard to the looming and ultimate prospect of DEATH. He, Oscar, said this: "Death is like taking off a tight-fitting shoe..." FEAR NOT!!!
khalkeo
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 7:05:08 AM

Neurons: 144
It doesn't matter whether it is Palin or any other: when people are facing the unthinkable again, but on a far bigger scale than 150-year-old financial institutions being swept away, American soil being attacked by foreign suicide terrorists or some American millionaires and average citizens being reduced to misery by very hard-working and respectable American executive floor scammers, the American electoral system and the voting crowd will be ready to elect and follow just ANYONE playing the right tune, and then all the smartass Hillaries and Obamas would be able to do NOTHING about it.
Jeech
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 8:16:50 AM

Neurons: 4,436
The phrase Woman of the Apocalypse refers to a character from the Book of Revelation.

Would really Sara Palin bring any "dooms-day"? As it's frequently predicted about 2012.