mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Getting Tired of Working Options
abnormal
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:16:45 AM

Neurons: 351
Teaching Koreans is way better than working for a call center based in the UK. Although British people are kind-hearted and humble, it's just so exhausting to work on a graveyard shift. And now I am getting tired. The only reason why I can't just leave is the salary. How I wish I can find another DAY shift job that compensates well. Whew! Pray Pray Pray
Adriaticus
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:00:25 AM

Neurons: 726
It may sound obvious but very few people are not tired of working ...
Working is a call center is exhausting but I have in mind a couple of jobs which are far worse than that and after all under these difficult times, better a lousy job today than no job at all. At least this is my philosophy
richsap
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:23:04 AM

Neurons: 1,510
I have had a "chicken job" and I too am grateful for having a (much better) job in these economic times.

To explain: I worked with a lady once who had previously been employed at a plant where they processed poultry. Her job was on the "de-boning" line... removing the bones from chickens as they went down a disassembly line. The plant was kept extremely cold, the work was of course wet and bloody. She had to wear chainmail gloves to keep from getting cuts, and yet she would still get cuts on occasion because she was required to work very quickly just to stay employed. She was held financially captive there for some years, making just enough money to get by, but not enough to be able to save up and move away. This was her "chicken job". She was most grateful when a new industry moved in nearby and she was given free training to fill the many vacant positions this company created. This is where I met her.

While I have been fortunate enough not to work in the poultry industry, I have had my "chicken job" that was so bad and yet I could not afford to leave.
Sapphio
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:15:16 AM

Neurons: 3
I love working! I am very fortunate that I love my career,therefore it's a delight not a chore. As a Reg Counsellor I get to meet lots of wonderful people. It gives me great pleasure when they feel heard:)

Regards

Sapphio
RainyDayTreat
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:48:05 PM

Neurons: 63
What's a Reg Counsellor?

Sapphio wrote:
I love working! I am very fortunate that I love my career,therefore it's a delight not a chore. As a Reg Counsellor I get to meet lots of wonderful people. It gives me great pleasure when they feel heard:)

Regards

Sapphio
chopperpilot01
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:57:19 PM

Neurons: 722
I don't know that i would go as far as love working but I enjoy knowing that I earn every bit of what I have.
Yaelyael
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:24:41 PM

Neurons: 729
abnormal wrote:
Teaching Koreans is way better than working for a call center based in the UK. Although British people are kind-hearted and humble, it's just so exhausting to work on a graveyard shift. And now I am getting tired. The only reason why I can't just leave is the salary. How I wish I can find another DAY shift job that compensates well. Whew! Pray Pray Pray

I'm working as an Online English Teacher here in the Phils. It was fun though the salary was not big as it is in the call center. But definitely less stress and more rest :)
Caffeine
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:39:14 PM

Neurons: 24
Why don't you try out giving English lessions online? It might be worth checking out www.englishtown.com. Consider yourself lucky if you can only complain about the schedule in your job.
Babezy
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:39:23 PM

Neurons: 2,806
Sorry, Abnormal. It sounds very depressing and I hope things look up for you soon.
daidev
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:32:26 PM

Neurons: 95
My philosophy is to enjoy every work you do. Abnormal, think only positive aspects of the job whenever you feel bored or some bad thought popup in your mind.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:20:07 AM

Yaelyael wrote:
abnormal wrote:

I'm working as an Online English Teacher here in the Phils. It was fun though the salary was not big as it is in the call center. But definitely less stress and more rest :)

I used to be one as well. In Eastwood. Yep I enjoyed it, especially the video classes with kids and the gifts from my students. :)
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:22:21 AM

Caffeine wrote:
Why don't you try out giving English lessions online? It might be worth checking out www.englishtown.com. Consider yourself lucky if you can only complain about the schedule in your job.

I've tried that. But after the typhoon that hit the Philippines, I was forced to stop. It wept my pc and my lesson plans so I had to look for an office-based job.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:23:49 AM

Babezy wrote:
Sorry, Abnormal. It sounds very depressing and I hope things look up for you soon.

Not too depressing. It's more of tiring, and wanting to do something else. But I just can't leave.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:24:38 AM

daidev wrote:
My philosophy is to enjoy every work you do. Abnormal, think only positive aspects of the job whenever you feel bored or some bad thought popup in your mind.

Thanks. From now on, I'll think of the 13th and 29th of the month. Lol Dancing Dancing
Atiya
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 4:39:56 AM

Neurons: 6,093
Find a job which you love, you will never get these years back.... its okay if they pay a little less. Like the blackberry ad : Do what you love, Love what you do :-)

lenam
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:53:23 AM

Neurons: 3,816
I have heard some people say "I am so tired of being idle."!d'oh!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:43:48 AM

Neurons: 599,149
Since our nooble King has been so long in exile I think we have a King of Freedelfia's post open. Whistle
Vickster
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:07:46 AM

Neurons: 7,211
Here in the US... you need to be thankful if you have "a job." Lots are losing their jobs due to the economy and subsequentially losing their house, property... it's very sad especially if you have kids...

Just keep looking for day jobs in the newspaper or online.... something should come up.
excaelis
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 11:58:15 AM

Neurons: 32,652
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. Salut!
Apple Blossom
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 12:19:43 PM

Neurons: 1,416
I do understand how you feel, Abnormal. My job is very boring, but I'm thankful it's much better than what it was at one time, that I do have reliable employment, and that I have a decent salary. But, there is no harm in looking for more satisfying work. Maybe you could find a job that combines telephone work and teaching. Where I live, the local university has a program in which students call or write in to a center to request education (career) materials. I don't know if that type of work would pay well, though. It's hard to find a job with all the right attributes - you just have to look for an acceptable balance.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 8:43:08 PM

Thanks for all your words, they are much appreciated. I'll be very busy with my job from now on. Do not forget me. :) Thank you ever so much.