mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Getting Tired of Working Options
abnormal
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:16:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
Teaching Koreans is way better than working for a call center based in the UK. Although British people are kind-hearted and humble, it's just so exhausting to work on a graveyard shift. And now I am getting tired. The only reason why I can't just leave is the salary. How I wish I can find another DAY shift job that compensates well. Whew! Pray Pray Pray
Adriaticus
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:00:25 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/25/2010
Posts: 240
Neurons: 726
Location: Atlantis
It may sound obvious but very few people are not tired of working ...
Working is a call center is exhausting but I have in mind a couple of jobs which are far worse than that and after all under these difficult times, better a lousy job today than no job at all. At least this is my philosophy
richsap
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:23:04 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/16/2010
Posts: 275
Neurons: 1,510
I have had a "chicken job" and I too am grateful for having a (much better) job in these economic times.

To explain: I worked with a lady once who had previously been employed at a plant where they processed poultry. Her job was on the "de-boning" line... removing the bones from chickens as they went down a disassembly line. The plant was kept extremely cold, the work was of course wet and bloody. She had to wear chainmail gloves to keep from getting cuts, and yet she would still get cuts on occasion because she was required to work very quickly just to stay employed. She was held financially captive there for some years, making just enough money to get by, but not enough to be able to save up and move away. This was her "chicken job". She was most grateful when a new industry moved in nearby and she was given free training to fill the many vacant positions this company created. This is where I met her.

While I have been fortunate enough not to work in the poultry industry, I have had my "chicken job" that was so bad and yet I could not afford to leave.
Sapphio
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:15:16 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 11/18/2010
Posts: 1
Neurons: 3
Location: United Kingdom
I love working! I am very fortunate that I love my career,therefore it's a delight not a chore. As a Reg Counsellor I get to meet lots of wonderful people. It gives me great pleasure when they feel heard:)

Regards

Sapphio
RainyDayTreat
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:48:05 PM
Rank: Member

Joined: 7/14/2010
Posts: 13
Neurons: 63
Location: Huntsville, AL - USA
What's a Reg Counsellor?

Sapphio wrote:
I love working! I am very fortunate that I love my career,therefore it's a delight not a chore. As a Reg Counsellor I get to meet lots of wonderful people. It gives me great pleasure when they feel heard:)

Regards

Sapphio
chopperpilot01
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:57:19 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/2/2009
Posts: 251
Neurons: 722
Location: Eastern North Carolina, United States
I don't know that i would go as far as love working but I enjoy knowing that I earn every bit of what I have.
Yaelyael
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:24:41 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/12/2010
Posts: 243
Neurons: 729
Location: Philippines
abnormal wrote:
Teaching Koreans is way better than working for a call center based in the UK. Although British people are kind-hearted and humble, it's just so exhausting to work on a graveyard shift. And now I am getting tired. The only reason why I can't just leave is the salary. How I wish I can find another DAY shift job that compensates well. Whew! Pray Pray Pray


I'm working as an Online English Teacher here in the Phils. It was fun though the salary was not big as it is in the call center. But definitely less stress and more rest :)
Caffeine
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:39:14 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 8
Neurons: 24
Location: Portugal
Why don't you try out giving English lessions online? It might be worth checking out www.englishtown.com. Consider yourself lucky if you can only complain about the schedule in your job.
Babezy
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:39:23 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/16/2009
Posts: 926
Neurons: 2,806
Location: United States
Sorry, Abnormal. It sounds very depressing and I hope things look up for you soon.
daidev
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:32:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/11/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 95
Location: United States
My philosophy is to enjoy every work you do. Abnormal, think only positive aspects of the job whenever you feel bored or some bad thought popup in your mind.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:20:07 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
Yaelyael wrote:
abnormal wrote:
Teaching Koreans is way better than working for a call center based in the UK. Although British people are kind-hearted and humble, it's just so exhausting to work on a graveyard shift. And now I am getting tired. The only reason why I can't just leave is the salary. How I wish I can find another DAY shift job that compensates well. Whew! Pray Pray Pray


I'm working as an Online English Teacher here in the Phils. It was fun though the salary was not big as it is in the call center. But definitely less stress and more rest :)


I used to be one as well. In Eastwood. Yep I enjoyed it, especially the video classes with kids and the gifts from my students. :)
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:22:21 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
Caffeine wrote:
Why don't you try out giving English lessions online? It might be worth checking out www.englishtown.com. Consider yourself lucky if you can only complain about the schedule in your job.


I've tried that. But after the typhoon that hit the Philippines, I was forced to stop. It wept my pc and my lesson plans so I had to look for an office-based job.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:23:49 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
Babezy wrote:
Sorry, Abnormal. It sounds very depressing and I hope things look up for you soon.


Not too depressing. It's more of tiring, and wanting to do something else. But I just can't leave.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:24:38 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
daidev wrote:
My philosophy is to enjoy every work you do. Abnormal, think only positive aspects of the job whenever you feel bored or some bad thought popup in your mind.


Thanks. From now on, I'll think of the 13th and 29th of the month. Lol Dancing Dancing
Atiya
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 4:39:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/8/2010
Posts: 2,034
Neurons: 6,093
Location: India
Find a job which you love, you will never get these years back.... its okay if they pay a little less. Like the blackberry ad : Do what you love, Love what you do :-)

lenam
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:53:23 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/22/2010
Posts: 1,282
Neurons: 3,816
Location: India
I have heard some people say "I am so tired of being idle."!d'oh!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:43:48 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,147
Neurons: 599,149
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
Since our nooble King has been so long in exile I think we have a King of Freedelfia's post open. Whistle
Vickster
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:07:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/19/2010
Posts: 2,404
Neurons: 7,211
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Here in the US... you need to be thankful if you have "a job." Lots are losing their jobs due to the economy and subsequentially losing their house, property... it's very sad especially if you have kids...

Just keep looking for day jobs in the newspaper or online.... something should come up.
excaelis
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 11:58:15 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/30/2010
Posts: 10,965
Neurons: 32,652
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. Salut!
Apple Blossom
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 12:19:43 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/19/2010
Posts: 472
Neurons: 1,416
I do understand how you feel, Abnormal. My job is very boring, but I'm thankful it's much better than what it was at one time, that I do have reliable employment, and that I have a decent salary. But, there is no harm in looking for more satisfying work. Maybe you could find a job that combines telephone work and teaching. Where I live, the local university has a program in which students call or write in to a center to request education (career) materials. I don't know if that type of work would pay well, though. It's hard to find a job with all the right attributes - you just have to look for an acceptable balance.
abnormal
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 8:43:08 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 117
Neurons: 351
Location: Philippines
Thanks for all your words, they are much appreciated. I'll be very busy with my job from now on. Do not forget me. :) Thank you ever so much.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.