mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
"I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning," said Alice a little timidly: "but it's no use going back to... Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 97,977
"I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning," said Alice a little timidly: "but it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."

Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)
RoadRunner
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:36:35 AM

Neurons: 388,491
I cannot tell you about myself, because tomorrow I will be a different person. At work, I am a zombie. After work, I am a party animal. By mid-night, I will be a werewolf. Ain't that silly!
Mehrdad77
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:42:15 AM

Neurons: 478,043
All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives.
Steven Spielberg
Mehrdad77
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:56:32 AM

RoadRunner wrote:
I cannot tell you about myself, because tomorrow I will be a different person. At work, I am a zombie. After work, I am a party animal. By mid-night, I will be a werewolf. Ain't that silly!

Every single moment of your life you change either biochemically or mentally with each new thing you learn every experience you die from the person you were and are reborn as a new person.
Mehrdad77
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:01:05 AM

By the time you are 30 you are still trying to make your 15-year-old self happy but you are a different person. You need to be brave and let go of that.
Michael Sheen
gerry
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:40:46 AM

Neurons: 291,011
So great and yet so simple and true
Bully_rus
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:47:38 AM

Neurons: 344,130
Nah, as long as you remember what was yesterday - you are the same... That was just like yesterday, darling.
mudbudda669
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 8:43:25 AM

Neurons: 415,496
I only Wish
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:27:26 PM

Neurons: 6,971,849
Context from : Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

CHAPTER X

The Lobster Quadrille

They were obliged to have him with them,' the Mock Turtle said: `no wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise.'

`Wouldn't it really?' said Alice in a tone of great surprise.

`Of course not,' said the Mock Turtle: `why, if a fish came to me, and told me he was going a journey, I should say "With what porpoise?"'

`Don't you mean "purpose"?' said Alice.

`I mean what I say,' the Mock Turtle replied in an offended tone. And the Gryphon added `Come, let's hear some of your adventures.'

`I could tell you my adventures--beginning from this morning,' said Alice a little timidly: `but it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.'

`Explain all that,' said the Mock Turtle.

`No, no! The adventures first,' said the Gryphon in an impatient tone: `explanations take such a dreadful time.'

So Alice began telling them her adventures from the time when she first saw the White Rabbit. She was a little nervous about it just at first, the two creatures got so close to her, one on each side, and opened their eyes and mouths so very wide, but she gained courage as she went on. Her listeners were perfectly quiet till she got to the part about her repeating `You are Old, Father William,' to the Caterpillar, and the words all coming different, and then the Mock Turtle drew a long breath, and said `That's very curious.'

Read more on-line : https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rgs/alice-X.html
Jaume
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:37:46 PM

Neurons: 218
Talking about ones past is a total waste of time because then you were a different person and now you're different.