mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Would you let this happen to your daughter? Options
Atiya
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:40:34 AM

Neurons: 6,093
Its good to see that fear has not been injected to our systems to this extent here in India Pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TCHSGvNwRY

mimosa
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:30:41 AM

Neurons: 72
I'm glad to read Hope, instead of Fear.. keep it up and let your love and understanding always be a guide.
These awfull things are totally unnessecery, although(unfortunely) there are so many people who are using innocent
children to reach a goal, for whatever purpose, to get there( wherever that may be) in this crazy world.
Fear is a thing,in my opinion, that can be spread like a virus, all we can do is having and keeping and giving trust in eachother.
I wish you well (and will)
Mimosa
Win
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:30:45 PM

Neurons: 476
Atiya wrote:
Its good to see that fear has not been injected to our systems to this extent here in India Pray

Or probably our culture inhibits such doings...lets touch wood !
Sehra
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:46:28 PM

Neurons: 18
Win wrote:
Atiya wrote:

I think it's the fault of system and rules, not the 'culture'! Think
mimosa
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:22:18 PM

Hallo Sehra, I agree with you: It has nothing to do with "culture".
I think that at this moment in time , space, our world has been so completey out of balance that anything
can happen. Things that you are not prepared for (if you are living in a so-called "protected area", secluded from whatever happens "out-there"). I bless all the men and women who want to prevent that this whole planet goes down the drain!!
Human beings, wherever, all over the world, are capable of doing things they themselves could never dream of.
It's called: WAR
I'm wondering..maybe we must leave the wood at peace.. touching and knocking it .... I don't know...
Sparrow
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:30:55 PM

Neurons: 538
It gave me goose bumps to watch, yet I understand where this madness comes from. The shadow of the 9/11 still clouds peolpe's minds, still brings fears to all. I don't think the memory of the 9/11 will ever be erazed. I live far away from New York City, but do remember that day too. All the country was shattered. A long time afterward I cringed in fear each time I heard the airplane above my head in the sky.
Atiya
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:20:09 AM

Win wrote:
Atiya wrote:

This has nothing to do with culture, its just common sense of the officers on duty. She could have done it in a lot better way and did not leave the kid crying. Sometimes too much professionalism hurts.

redsxz
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:49:14 AM

Neurons: 5,425
A minor issue really, barely worthy of report.

Also I get the feeling that the reporter was just fishing for a story that brings elements of concern through a personal familial perspective.
tootsie
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:08:23 AM

Neurons: 23,730
Sparrow wrote:
It gave me goose bumps to watch, yet I understand where this madness comes from. The shadow of the 9/11 still clouds peolpe's minds, still brings fears to all. I don't think the memory of the 9/11 will ever be erazed. I live far away from New York City, but do remember that day too. All the country was shattered. A long time afterward I cringed in fear each time I heard the airplane above my head in the sky.

agreed ~ Sparrow, how come these "religious" people have made us stoop so low, that we have to "check out" women & children too. Truly madness, and unfortunately necessary.......x
Atiya
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 1:40:49 AM

tootsie wrote:
Sparrow wrote:

agreed ~ Sparrow, how come these "religious" people have made us stoop so low, that we have to "check out" women & children too. Truly madness, and unfortunately necessary.......x

Consider yourself lucky to be alive to complain, atleast you don't have to worry about being bombed by foreign jet planes.

Epiphileon
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:33:44 AM

Neurons: 167,812
Anyone considered the role of responsible parenting in this issue? Understand I have no great respect or admiration of TSA employee's or methodologies; however it has been demonstrated that airport security is necessary, ergo they exist. That being the case, do you think that maybe a parent intending to fly with a small child ought to have prepared the child for the experience?? I know I sure as hell would have. Remember this all started when the child escalated to the point of a temper tantrum when her teddy bear had to be sent through the baggage scanner. That is a failure of parenting skills.
Did the TSA handle it stupidly, certainly they did, do they deserve loud criticism for how they handled it? Absolutely. Should they be required to be certain they include better training on how to handle such situation. Yes. Are they solely responsible for the trauma this child experienced? Absolutely not. Do your job parents.
Vickster
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:15:15 AM

Neurons: 7,211
I can bet that security gaurd has a leave of absence from that... although screening is necessary, That was uncalled for... if, it is a child, an "expert" or one that has been taught to handle such situations (which they should have on staff 24/7) should be called to the scene. A female with "motherly" experience to calm and pacify the child while a search is being done... We all, in the wake of 9?11 have to change our ways to protect each other and those around us to be more aware of out surroundings... but we also need the use of tact and consideration for others also...after that... I'm sure TSA will find a better way to handle that type of situation.
TOOTS
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 8:48:34 AM

Neurons: 4,026
Atiya wrote:
tootsie wrote:
[quote=Sparrow]It gave me goose bumps to watch, yet I understand where this madness comes from. The shadow of the 9/11 still clouds peolpe's minds, still brings fears to all. I don't think the memory of the 9/11 will ever be erazed. I live far away from New York City, but do remember that day too. All the country was shattered. A long time afterward I cringed in fear each time I heard the airplane above my head in the sky.

Consider yourself lucky to be alive to complain, atleast you don't have to worry about being bombed by foreign jet planes.

no, just by foreign suicide bombers.....
abcxyz
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:57:45 AM

Neurons: 3,200
I don't get it. It's the kid who was being uncooperative. The security officials had to do their job and the frisking takes 20 seconds max if you don't throw your arms and resist just because your teddy bear's away for scanning. If anyone's to blame here, it's the parents who couldn't get their kid to quietly part with her teddy for a few minutes and stand still while the security woman searched her.
wercozy
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:40:01 PM

Neurons: 3,480
This teaches the child that it is socially acceptable to be excessively touched by a stranger, especially when the mother is not resisting.
mimosa
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 3:45:52 PM

How about trust (and love) these days?
wercozy
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 3:58:23 PM

Trust and love for sure. Children cling to their mothers for safety and comfort. This mother did not scream and run away, or even protest. She participated in the invasion of this child's personal space. There may be attachment issues later as the child grows up.
Atiya
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:23:09 PM

abcxyz wrote:
I don't get it. It's the kid who was being uncooperative. The security officials had to do their job and the frisking takes 20 seconds max if you don't throw your arms and resist just because your teddy bear's away for scanning. If anyone's to blame here, it's the parents who couldn't get their kid to quietly part with her teddy for a few minutes and stand still while the security woman searched her.

Another perspective which can be right.

redsxz
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:17:00 AM

wercozy wrote:
This teaches the child that it is socially acceptable to be excessively touched by a stranger, especially when the mother is not resisting.

Conditioning is not that easy. It takes rigorous repetitions to build a routine. As I said, this is a absolutely MINOR incident.
Atiya
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:41:21 AM

redsxz wrote:
wercozy wrote:

Conditioning is not that easy. It takes rigorous repetitions to build a routine. As I said, this is a absolutely MINOR incident.

Yes it is, but seeing it for the first time made me think as this is something I never saw/imagined.
But the comments that followed shows a lot about people, negative people finds everything fearsome.

Win
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:11:33 AM

Neurons: 476
I Think systems, rules etc. etc. ultimately stem from the culture of society...what do you say?
Epiphileon
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:40:11 AM

Neurons: 167,812
Win wrote:
I Think systems, rules etc. etc. ultimately stem from the culture of society...what do you say?

Once upon a time, long, long ago, when tribes and clans were the largest groups of social organization this was, in most cases, accurate, since then it has become progressively less so.
wercozy
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:36:44 PM

Most people, especially children, don't forget trauma. I believe it's called PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).
bturpin
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:45:45 PM

Neurons: 1,119
abcxyz wrote:

But also remember that in many parts of the world children are taught not to talk to strangers, much less let them touch them. This girl looks young enough to not grasp the concept of what is going on. I saw a story on the news from one flyer who stated that it was very close to sexual battery to board a plane. Which the TSA officer replied when you purchase a ticket you lose alot of your rights. Sad, but rather true these days. Won't be long before we're all gonna be strapping on the skin tight spandex, head shaved, x rayed and board....oh future please bring us teleporters.
Sparrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:05:56 PM

Neurons: 538
abcxyz wrote:

Of course, you are right - formally. Yet don't you feel bad when little kids have to be searched like that?
In fact... The mother should have known the rules and friendly taken a teddy from the girl a few minutes before.
So why won't we all take it for a lesson on how to behave in the airports to spare us unnessesary fret and humiliation? We can't fight these rules...
Wanderer
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:50:34 PM

Neurons: 78,988
The real question is why are Americans the ones to be humiliated this way? Why do we allow this? Where is the outrage?
redsxz
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:53:07 PM

Wanderer wrote:
The real question is why are Americans the ones to be humiliated this way? Why do we allow this? Where is the outrage?

Take your rabble rousing somewhere else.

Wercozy I doubt the incident is significantly distressing for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
abcxyz
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:00:14 PM

Neurons: 3,200
Sparrow wrote:
abcxyz wrote:

Of course, you are right - formally. Yet don't you feel bad when little kids have to be searched like that?
In fact... The mother should have known the rules and friendly taken a teddy from the girl a few minutes before.
So why won't we all take it for a lesson on how to behave in the airports to spare us unnessesary fret and humiliation? We can't fight these rules...

Actually I was assuming she did that. I mean, every parent does that! It couldn't possibly be that the security people strutted up to the kid and snatched the teddy without a word. Personally I suspect that the news guy intentionally let it happen. I mean, we just saw a few seconds of it, we don't know what happened before or after. And what kind of dad records a video on his cellphone in a situation like that instead of rushing to his kid or trying to get her attention somehow?
Vickster
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:15:59 PM

Neurons: 7,211
I believe the "guy" who documented this is from the media of some sort, and did this on purpose instigating his daughter to react in such a manner to "make the headline news"... which to me is sickening... granted...TSA should have handled this better... but it's truly the parents fault for "letting" it happen....