mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
My dog was euthanized Options
jagh55
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:41:42 AM

Neurons: 920
I do realize that everyone is allowed to have their own opinions but if you intend to judge me or my family please do not comment at all. It's no good, really. I'm feeling better now and I've gotten a lot of support from my family over the last few days and, you know, I think I'm good.

[...]

So yeah, again (for the last time) I want to thank you people for the nice comments. I really do appreciate it.

This is my last time posting on this topic because as I've stated above I get so much support from my mother and fiends (actually made a new friend just two days ago at my new school) that I think you fellow members have done enough (much more than I expected). Just remember you have been a great help to me. So I guess, in a way, this topic is kind of closed now.

Thank you all very much, Jagh55.
Adriaticus
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 3:05:19 AM

Neurons: 726
Happy ending and let's turn the page. So as I guessed the only innocent victim was the poor dog. This is very sad.
mikep
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 11:52:35 AM

Neurons: 6
my name is mike I had to take my dog (Ben) to the vets two weeks ago.He was a german cross aged 16 yrs.He had severe arthritis and suffered with degenerative myleopathy,he was also incontinent and had a heart murmer.He was eating his meal when he fell on his behind with his legs stuck straight out,when I tried to help him up he nipped at me (I`m sure he was just saying `get off` as he was not an aggresive animal).He had been showing `visible` signs of D.M. since June this year.I asked the vet for prognosis and she said 2 - 3 weeks.I didn`t want Ben to suffer so I stayed with him till the end.I am racked with guilt,grief and live alone so am way way lonely and upset.I feel I may have taken him too soon as D.M waxes and wanes.I have lost a pet before (Trixie),but I lived at home then and was younger.This feels completely different somehow.
Apple Blossom
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 3:23:12 PM

Neurons: 1,416
mikep wrote:
my name is mike I had to take my dog (Ben) to the vets two weeks ago.He was a german cross aged 16 yrs.He had severe arthritis and suffered with degenerative myleopathy,he was also incontinent and had a heart murmer.He was eating his meal when he fell on his behind with his legs stuck straight out,when I tried to help him up he nipped at me (I`m sure he was just saying `get off` as he was not an aggresive animal).He had been showing `visible` signs of D.M. since June this year.I asked the vet for prognosis and she said 2 - 3 weeks.I didn`t want Ben to suffer so I stayed with him till the end.I am racked with guilt,grief and live alone so am way way lonely and upset.I feel I may have taken him too soon as D.M waxes and wanes.I have lost a pet before (Trixie),but I lived at home then and was younger.This feels completely different somehow.

Mike, I'm very sorry about the loss of your dog. Remember, you gave Ben 16 good years. It sounds like he was in pretty much pain; so much that it was painful for him to be touched (hence, the nipping when you tried to help him). My mother's dog suffers with arthritis but seems under control now with medication. She's only 14 and a smaller dog. My guess is that Ben was a larger dog and 16 years is past the average life span for large breeds. Since he had other health conditions besides arthritis, I think you spared your friend a lot of suffering. No matter what the circumstances, losing a pet is difficult so you need to allow yourself time to grieve.
mikep
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:20:43 PM

Neurons: 6
apple blossom (nice name)thanks for sentiments,Ben was quite big, though not full pedigree size.I just wish he could have hung on for a while longer.I thought I was halting his decline,but I couldn`t.probably not thinking straight, too many thoughts and analyzis.Mikep