mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Bush: 'I Was A Dissenting Voice' On Iraq War Options
Atiya
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:06:16 AM

Neurons: 6,093
Former President George W. Bush considers himself "a dissenting voice" in the decision to go to war with Iraq.

In the first interview of the publicity tour for his new book, Decision Points, Bush told Matt Lauer that he didn't want to use force.

"Not everybody thought you should go to war, though," Lauer said. "There were dissenting voices."

"I was a dissenting voice. I didn't want to use force," Bush said. "I mean force is the last option for a President. And I think it's clear in the book that I gave diplomacy every chance to work. And I will also tell you the world's better off without Saddam in power. And so are 25 million Iraqis."

Bush went on to say that he still feels like going to war was the right decision. And as he wrote in the book, "No one was more sickened or angry than I was when we didn't find weapons of mass destruction."

The interview will air Nov. 8.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/bush_i_was_a_dissenting_voice_on_iraq_war.php

Isn't the US President the Commander in Chief of the US Millitary ?

worldsclyde
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:44:12 AM

Neurons: 2,390
So, in his mind, it wasn't really HIS fault. That's nice.Boo hoo! And all those Iraqis are better off anyway, except the dead ones and all the ones who say they're not better off. Oh, wait. That's all of them.
Rhondish
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:39:25 AM

Neurons: 787
Can't wait to watch Bill Maher after this interview airs.
MarySM
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:25:32 AM

Neurons: 6,084
worldsclyde wrote:
So, in his mind, it wasn't really HIS fault. That's nice.Boo hoo! And all those Iraqis are better off anyway, except the dead ones and all the ones who say they're not better off. Oh, wait. That's all of them.

Applause
You are so right worldsclyde.
That man is delusional!
Atiya
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:37:36 AM

Hey don't be so cynical people, he used the correct english word. Lets not misunderestimate him now.

MarySM
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:53:57 AM

Neurons: 6,084
It’s going to be very difficult for George w. Bush to rewrite history when we all have these wonderful quotes from him. Just the other day I said that I was so happy he was keeping quite and seemed to disappear. I take that back today.
George W. Bush quotes:

“This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table.”

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”
Atiya
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:57:47 AM

MarySM wrote:
“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

This is hilarious, he looked pretty serious saying that.

Jeech
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:03:39 AM

Neurons: 4,436
Like most of the murderers say, "I didn't want to kill."
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:08:18 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Crack ? Meth ? Special K ? Or did Tommy Lee and Wil get to him ?
HWNN1961
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:10:03 PM

Neurons: 9,763
Bush had settled on war to overthrow Saddam by the summer of 2002. The admin. rolled out the ad campaign in the Fall, the bombs flew by spring. Any diplomatic effort was a sham: a bare minimum designed to coax more of our traditional allies to join the fight.

Heck, there is an interview with then candidate Bush in 1999 or 2000, before he was elected, telling a reporter that "were going to remove him from power" when asked about the situation at that time in Iraq.

For him to claim that he was a dissenting voice in his own unnecessary war of choice is truely delusional.

I always thought that the guy built sand castles in the sky....now I know that he lives in them as well.
gradyone
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:12:12 PM

Neurons: 12,277
HWNN1961 wrote:
For him to claim that he was a dissenting voice in his own unnecessary war of choice is truely delusional.

I always thought that the guy built sand castles in the sky....now I know that he lives in them as well.

All of us saw through W's claim to be a dissenting voice at the Cheney-Rumsfeld round table -- well, W still sat at the little people's table next to the round table -- but I doubt that he, with a new book out and a publishing company poised to rake in millions of dollars, is going without a script. He is the ultimate ventriloquist's dummy, now sitting on a new lap.

Don't buy "his" book, please.
Atiya
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:21:40 PM

HWNN1961 wrote:

Heck, there is an interview with then candidate Bush in 1999 or 2000, before he was elected, telling a reporter that "were going to remove him from power" when asked about the situation at that time in Iraq.

He did plan it well in time.
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1028-01.htm

wercozy
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:39:17 PM

Neurons: 3,480
What was OUR oil doing under THEIR sand?
HWNN1961
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:54:19 PM

wercozy wrote:
What was OUR oil doing under THEIR sand?

You know what the biggest irony of this is? We were told that war would pay for itself. That it might well guarantee a flow of cheap oil.

Do you know who has been getting the contracts to develop those Iraqi oil fields?

Thats right!

The Chinese.

Kinda makes ya proud to be an American.

Thanks G.W.!! I miss you sooo much.
wercozy
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:32:58 AM

Neurons: 3,480
Don't become too angry, the world's oil supply is drying up, and guess what? It' not renewable. The Chinese will have to sit around and wait for a couple of billion years for another supply to suddenly appear.

All those Bible thumpers think God will grant them another oil supply, well... they can pray all they want, ain't gonna happen.
HWNN1961
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:03:55 AM

[quote=wercozy]Don't become too angry, the world's oil supply is drying up, and guess what? It' not renewable. The Chinese will have to sit around and wait for a couple of billion years for another supply to suddenly appear.

All those Bible thumpers think God will grant them another oil supply, well... they can pray all they want, ain't gonna happen.[/quote

WHAT???? No Manna from heaven?

I wonder what the boys at Exxon think. I wonders, yess, I wonders.

Sorry, you are right. We are supping from the bones of the earth. This supply is finite. Hopefully we figure it out before massive pain is the only remedy.
Jeech
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:04:03 AM

Neurons: 4,436
The grand oil reserves yet to be pulled out from Central Asian states including Afghanistan and Pakistan. More over the world's largest and purest gold mines through out Afghanistan and Pakistans borders were found thirty years ago. And all the recent war games are being played for chasing such a huge natural reserves.... before China could reach them.
Atiya
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 1:43:17 AM

^^ I always heard as a conspiracy theory. Any proofs Jeech ?