The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 85,557
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

John Quincy Adams (1767-1848)
Lex
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 8:43:50 AM

Neurons: 3
That's true.
fred
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 10:08:32 AM

Neurons: 4,457
Did you know:

John Quincy Adams, the sixth president of the United States, was an experienced statesman with a passion for this fledgling democracy. His personal study of the public sector led him to the conclusion that the secret oaths of Freemasonry would easily undermine an impartial judicial process. Police, lawyers, statesmen, and judges holding secret allegiances beyond the constitution could undermine the due process of law. He further believed that the oaths and obligations were horrific, and did not reflect wisdom in a more civilized age. He saw them as a reversion to the more barbaric tendencies within humanity.

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doin' it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' and not even knowin‘ it." Festus
CarterR
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:04:20 PM

Neurons: 18
I had to comment on this one. I think he is only partially right.

Perserverence, yes. Patience, I'm not so sure. I am getting long in the tooth so have enough life experience to have seen a lot of patient people trampled underfoot. (I include myself. Looking back, I was too patient.) Patience is important, yes, but it should have an expiration date.
twain
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 5:55:33 PM

Neurons: 225
Patience, perseverance, persistence, discipline and determination... so much work to solve our problems