mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Any people from S.Korea Options
hoho
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 3:20:30 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
I think I am kind of fall in love with a korean guy in class.. He is smart and easy going, but I do not know how to get close to him. I am not the kind of talkative person. Although we work in the same building at the same floor, I do not even know what to talk to him when we met in the elevator.. awkward...embarrasing...

Sigh...
srirr
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 3:26:50 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/29/2009
Posts: 8,507
Neurons: 484,288
Hoho, love needs no language. You can express through your gesture, your signs. Get courage and step up. A simple hello and smile will work. "How are you?", "How is the work going?" "I work in xyz team and see you often, what do you work?" can be the starters. Go ahead.

BTW, can you clear a confusion? You said that guy is in your class, and then you say you work in the same building. Are you student or working?
dyou59
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 8:05:18 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/29/2010
Posts: 37
Neurons: 1,516
Hi Hoho,

Maybe he is waiting for your opening gambit.
In general, Korean guys are bit shy to start to talk to someone who they do not know well.
Quite often they are shy because of their English language skill.
Be brave, Hoho. Just say "Hi" to him introduce yourself to him.
If his English is not very good, tell him your other language skill, such as French, Chinese, whatever, is not very good either.
You could ask him wheter he is a migrant or second generation of Korean migrant. You could ask him how to say "hello" in Korean, things like that.
For your information, I am a Korean-Australian. Migrated to Australia about 11 years ago with my own family.
You could have a guess my age from my id in this forum.
All the best!
Cass
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:58:35 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/19/2009
Posts: 589
Neurons: 1,770
Location: United States
..or you could pin him to the back of the elevator and plant a big one on him. That should get his attention.
hoho
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 12:37:52 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
I can only say how are u, how is the homework.. but no more things to talk about. It is hard for me to develop a topic and expand, damn it.. We may meet several times, but only say hi..

We are both graduate students so we have office for research work.. Thanks for your suggestion


srirr wrote:
Hoho, love needs no language. You can express through your gesture, your signs. Get courage and step up. A simple hello and smile will work. "How are you?", "How is the work going?" "I work in xyz team and see you often, what do you work?" can be the starters. Go ahead.

BTW, can you clear a confusion? You said that guy is in your class, and then you say you work in the same building. Are you student or working?
hoho
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 12:42:08 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Hi another Korean,

Korean guys are shy? Gosh.. I am a kind of shy too, but I thought I have been falling in love with him..
English is not my native langurage, clearly, we are all speaking bad English, haha. but we do can communicate.. I just wondering how to make him feel my feeling and know what I am thinnking about, what can we do when we're together..

I have already know some of his info, like he moved to US 3 years ago with his family, he was just dumped by his girlfriend in Korea.

Thanks very very much for this..

dyou59 wrote:
Hi Hoho,

Maybe he is waiting for your opening gambit.
In general, Korean guys are bit shy to start to talk to someone who they do not know well.
Quite often they are shy because of their English language skill.
Be brave, Hoho. Just say "Hi" to him introduce yourself to him.
If his English is not very good, tell him your other language skill, such as French, Chinese, whatever, is not very good either.
You could ask him wheter he is a migrant or second generation of Korean migrant. You could ask him how to say "hello" in Korean, things like that.
For your information, I am a Korean-Australian. Migrated to Australia about 11 years ago with my own family.
You could have a guess my age from my id in this forum.
All the best!
hoho
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 12:43:08 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
That is so Amazing............

will that scare him.............

haha, anyway, it is very very impressive!

Cass wrote:
..or you could pin him to the back of the elevator and plant a big one on him. That should get his attention.
piratekatja
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 1:17:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/20/2010
Posts: 69
Neurons: 207
Location: sailboat "Francis Lee"
Well, Cass's suggestion will certainly get his attention! Every guy likes to be kissed. Don't they? But if you don;t have the courage (and I don't think I would have it) why not write him a note and tell him some of your feelings for him? I always find it easier to write things down. You can always talk about it later - may be you give him the note and ask him whether he wants to go for a coffee some time?
hoho
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 2:04:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
That is too fast! I do not want to scare him and ruin the relationship.. Probably writing a note is nice. I would like to be familiar with him first, then ask him out. The time being together is so short, only the 5 minutes walk after class from classroom to office. DAMN IT!

piratekatja wrote:
Well, Cass's suggestion will certainly get his attention! Every guy likes to be kissed. Don't they? But if you don;t have the courage (and I don't think I would have it) why not write him a note and tell him some of your feelings for him? I always find it easier to write things down. You can always talk about it later - may be you give him the note and ask him whether he wants to go for a coffee some time?
kaleem
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 9:32:19 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/27/2009
Posts: 3,252
Neurons: 9,948
Tell him that you support Korean Nuke program and you will see a glow on his face.



Tovarish
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:05:39 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Ho Ho where have your been, I thought I lost you at the Races??????

Ho Ho this is a personal question,are you a girl?
AnthA1G
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:35:10 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/13/2010
Posts: 1,021
Neurons: 3,432
Location: New York City, New York, United States
kaleem wrote:
Tell him that you support Korean Nuke program and you will see a glow on his face.


That was a good one. Applause Applause Applause

@Hoho, just do the same thing you would do with someone from the US (or wherever you are from). I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 years and a half; she is Chinese. So, when I started going out with her my English sucked anus [too?]. It still sucks, but at least you can understand me now. Anyways, since we were in the same classroom, like you two, it was easier. I just started talking about something that was going on in class, then I asked for her e-mail. After around two weeks of chatting and talking in class (whenever we/I had the chance) we started going out. There is nothing peculiar about Asian people Whistle Whistle.
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:03:44 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/29/2009
Posts: 8,507
Neurons: 484,288
dyou59 wrote:
...
...
For your information, I am a Korean-Australian. Migrated to Australia about 11 years ago with my own family.


Great that you moved with your own family. All the best! ;)
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:48:29 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Yes you r quite right.. a non-korean girl~

Tovarish wrote:
Ho Ho where have your been, I thought I lost you at the Races??????

Ho Ho this is a personal question,are you a girl?
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:52:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Hi, I really really love your story.. so sweet to see you guys being together for such a long time just begin from classmates. I visited him in his office several times today, for homework, for just stop by and say hi.. (I know it is really stupid acting like this), he must feel something, but did not show anything to me. Kind of upset in my feeling. I cannot find reasons to ask him out, ralthough I really really want to.......


AnthA1G wrote:
kaleem wrote:
Tell him that you support Korean Nuke program and you will see a glow on his face.


That was a good one. Applause Applause Applause

@Hoho, just do the same thing you would do with someone from the US (or wherever you are from). I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 years and a half; she is Chinese. So, when I started going out with her my English sucked anus [too?]. It still sucks, but at least you can understand me now. Anyways, since we were in the same classroom, like you two, it was easier. I just started talking about something that was going on in class, then I asked for her e-mail. After around two weeks of chatting and talking in class (whenever we/I had the chance) we started going out. There is nothing peculiar about Asian people Whistle Whistle.
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:49:31 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Now I am really confused, what is a non-Korean?

dyou, you are 51?

srirr
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:56:01 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/29/2009
Posts: 8,507
Neurons: 484,288
Tov, Hoho might want to say that she is not from Korea, but she has fallen for someone from Korea. What else she could mean? Think
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:05:32 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
But she is living in the US, wouldnt she be an American?
lexx
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:52:00 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 46
Neurons: 138
Location: a bit north
=p
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:50:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
Wow, lexx, for a moment I thought that you were the guy hoho was talking about! Till you mentioned that you are not Korean.
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:27:13 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Lexx, you had quite a little 'thoughty' going there!
blue2
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:04:35 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/25/2010
Posts: 2,552
Neurons: 23,044
Location: Préveza, Epirus, Greece
[quote=hoho]Hi, I really really love your story.. so sweet to see you guys being together for such a long time just begin from classmates. I visited him in his office several times today, for homework, for just stop by and say hi.. (I know it is really stupid acting like this), he must feel something, but did not show anything to me. Kind of upset in my feeling. I cannot find reasons to ask him out, ralthough I really really want to.......


My son is very shy and he liked this girl at college. He's Canadian/Greek and she's Vietnamese. Anyway, they would take the same subway route part of the way home. One day he got up the nerve and went up to her and said, "Hi, I'm Ted." Now she's my daughter-in-law.
You just have to go up to him with something that will make him have to look at you. Something that will let him know that you have noticed him and would like to get to know him. Do you need an excuse to ask if he would like to have coffee with you?

Btw, there's a Korean/Greek guy living here and he is not shy. He's friendly, helpful and can talk your ear off.




hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:15:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Hi Tovarish, sorry to make you confuse.. Both of us are studying in US in graduate school, he is from Korea and I am from another country. Is that clear enough? lol

Tovarish wrote:
But she is living in the US, wouldnt she be an American?
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:18:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Hey Lexx, nice to hear your story. That is so nice a beautiful girl is in love with you. But what are you thinking? Do you ask youself you love her or not? begin being with friends, smile back to her, composing simple sentences to talk about daily life, take her out for coffee or icecream (that is what I did, but seems a little bit wired for always asking a guy out for coffee). She will be yours! Come on guy!

lexx wrote:
i am also asian and there's this really really beautiful caucasian girl that is hitting on me (i am 99.9 percent sure on this, lol)
she would always have this special smile when we lock eyes. she would make her way just to see me.
she's the first to smile even if i throw her blank look. one time she tried talking to me and i felt i was gonna faint i said stupid things!!!
one time we met at the center of the town, she gave me this really really amazing smile, but i was in a hurry! when i looked back she was still lookin at meAnxious

we work in the same building, she upstairs, me downstairs. during break i notice she would always try to get my attention!!
but i just can't make my move, i'm just too shyAnxious
yesterday i caught her looking at me again for a long time.

sorry if it's off-topic, i'm not korean but still asianWhistle
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:19:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Haha, I am pretty nervous when I saw this post.. but I know I am not caucasian. I am also from asian country.

kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
Wow, lexx, for a moment I thought that you were the guy hoho was talking about! Till you mentioned that you are not Korean.
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:21:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Hi Blue2, I think I do need some excuses to ask if he would like to have coffee with you? I do not want myself look wired..

blue2 wrote:
[quote=hoho]Hi, I really really love your story.. so sweet to see you guys being together for such a long time just begin from classmates. I visited him in his office several times today, for homework, for just stop by and say hi.. (I know it is really stupid acting like this), he must feel something, but did not show anything to me. Kind of upset in my feeling. I cannot find reasons to ask him out, ralthough I really really want to.......


My son is very shy and he liked this girl at college. He's Canadian/Greek and she's Vietnamese. Anyway, they would take the same subway route part of the way home. One day he got up the nerve and went up to her and said, "Hi, I'm Ted." Now she's my daughter-in-law.
You just have to go up to him with something that will make him have to look at you. Something that will let him know that you have noticed him and would like to get to know him. Do you need an excuse to ask if he would like to have coffee with you?

Btw, there's a Korean/Greek guy living here and he is not shy. He's friendly, helpful and can talk your ear off.




AnthA1G
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:41:11 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/13/2010
Posts: 1,021
Neurons: 3,432
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Hoho, I don't think he would reject you or ask you 'why/for what', if you ask him to have a cup of coffee with you. I mean, if he asks you 'why do you want to get a cup of coffee with me', you'd know what to do. Just run away from that guy lol.

Anyways, how old are you?

PS: I'm sitting right next to a really hot [older?] lady (about 45-55) at the library, should I ask her to have a cup of coffee with me too? Think Think Dancing
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:37:35 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
AnthA1G, emm, I know I can do this, I mean ask him out for coffee, he accept once last time I ask him out for Icecream, it is good, but I cannot imagin what if he say: oh I am kind of busy, or I do not feel well today. I do not want a rejection. I want this relationship keep going, even if it is not between lover, just friend. I am afraid we are not even be able to be friends after he found I am interest in him. struggling.. I really do not want to run away from him.. I am 25 .. never try to ask a guy out in this way..

For you, why not! even though she too old to be your girlfriend, a good beginning will always bring you good thing, haha. Communication is a good way to relax, although I am not good at it, even in my own language. I can speak something out in English much easier..

AnthA1G wrote:
Hoho, I don't think he would reject you or ask you 'why/for what', if you ask him to have a cup of coffee with you. I mean, if he asks you 'why do you want to get a cup of coffee with me', you'd know what to do. Just run away from that guy lol.

Anyways, how old are you?

PS: I'm sitting right next to a really hot [older?] lady (about 45-55) at the library, should I ask her to have a cup of coffee with me too? Think Think Dancing
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:35:52 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,131
Neurons: 594,898
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
If only GG were here now she would have unearthed couple of ancient threads about flirting, proposals and famous first time repartees.

GG we need You!
hoho
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:41:50 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/20/2010
Posts: 32
Neurons: 96
Location: United States
Who is GG~~
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:45:16 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,131
Neurons: 594,898
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
hoho wrote:
Who is GG~~


Freedelfia's MOST esteemed member who just announced she will leave this forum. You have been a member over a month now, you must have seen her posts.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:48:29 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2009
Posts: 3,729
Neurons: 7,777
Location: here and there
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:


Freedelfia's MOST esteemed member who just announced she will leave this forum.


Where? I must have missed it.
AnthA1G
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:12:04 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/13/2010
Posts: 1,021
Neurons: 3,432
Location: New York City, New York, United States
GG said she will leave the forum? Permanently?
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:01:33 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
Why is GG going, is she miffed?

Ho Ho I thought you may have been a man, and I couldn't offer any advice.

Good luck, seize the day, go get him girl!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:02:48 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,131
Neurons: 594,898
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
Tov, go to Site Features!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.