mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
on digital photos Options
lexx
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 3:01:35 PM

Neurons: 138
it's frustrating if you have digital pictures in the thousands and counting and you can't decide which one to throw..

how do you manage your digital photos?

this is so stressfulBrick wall

bturpin
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 3:11:03 PM

Neurons: 1,119
well if you're referring to throw away, I wouldn't get rid of any. If anything store your older pictures on an external hard drive/flash drive, or at least burn to cd for archives. Even with the most advanced digital camera the file size should only be about 5 MB so a regular cd should hold nearly 160 and dvd about 800 at that file size. For arranging, I arrange by what/who the picture is of and a time. Every year create a new folder for that years pics. Hope this helps.
uuaschbaer
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:43:28 PM

Neurons: 6,180
Luckily, the pace at which my photo library grows is roughly equal to the growth of the byte per dollar storage rate of hard drives. You can just keep them on your computer, have them backed up on an external hard drive and transfer them from one computer of yours to the next. Storage comes cheaply. Don't stress out over it, though, that means you're doing it wrong. Photos are supposed to be fun.
jcbarros
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:41:10 PM

Neurons: 9,377
If you are in the photo you shouldn`t throw it away. Your soul is there.Drool
kaleem
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:50:46 PM

Neurons: 9,948
I think we should not throw photographs. It is something of immense value.

AnthA1G
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:44:16 AM

Neurons: 3,432
I store my digital photos in Picasa --Google photos. It's really easy to upload your photos to Picasa with their picture uploading software (Picasa web 3 [I think]). I also have my pictures in an external hard drive. And like uuaschbaer said, you can create folders, by month/years/events, to keep your photos organized.
Cass
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:43:05 PM

Neurons: 1,770
AnthA1G wrote:
I store my digital photos in Picasa --Google photos. It's really easy to upload your photos to Picasa with their picture uploading software (Picasa web 3 [I think]). I also have my pictures in an external hard drive. And like uuaschbaer said, you can create folders, by month/years/events, to keep your photos organized.

Me, too, Anth. It's a great programme.
AnthA1G
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:53:15 PM

Neurons: 3,432
Cass wrote:
AnthA1G wrote:

Me, too, Anth. It's a great programme.

Agree! And thanks to this thread I remembered that it was time to upload some of my new pictures! =]
Atiya
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 12:16:04 AM

Neurons: 6,093
uuaschbaer wrote:
Luckily, the pace at which my photo library grows is roughly equal to the growth of the byte per dollar storage rate of hard drives. You can just keep them on your computer, have them backed up on an external hard drive and transfer them from one computer of yours to the next. Storage comes cheaply. Don't stress out over it, though, that means you're doing it wrong. Photos are supposed to be fun.

The external hard drive is a good idea just be careful that the virus stays out of it. You can do that by not plugging your hard drive to the computers/laptops which you are not sure that they are virus free. Also, scanning from time to time helps.

srirr
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:11:42 AM

Neurons: 484,288
Yes, virus is a problem. I use CD/DVD to store my pics. But before burning the CD, I usually scrutinize the images. Many are duplicates, many are not worth storing (because of relevance and/or clarity). This helps me shorten the list.