The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, ev Options
Daemon
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 85,557
Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone.

Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910)
MiTziGo
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 11:21:19 AM

Neurons: 6,142
I don't know. A lot in this world seems to rest on hate and the absence of love. On a personal, individual basis, perhaps love is life, but on the macro scale, I just don't see it.
fred
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 11:51:22 AM

Neurons: 4,457
Seems like most of the world is governed by ego, based on insecurity, resulting in limiting and/or negating people.

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doin' it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' and not even knowin‘ it." Festus
Drew
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:52:17 PM

Neurons: 4,487
I like Tolstoy's sentiment here, but I fear he's oversimplifying things a bit.
Christine
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:52:18 PM

Neurons: 15,842
I like this quote but I can't say why. And, in the nano world of our make up is matter and space (well, matter is energy, right?).

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." A. Enstein

I am carrying my heart~I am carrying my rhythm~I am carrying my prayers~But you can't kill my spirit~It's soaring and strong (Paula Cole's Me Lyrics)***We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spirtual beings having a human experience.(T.deChardin)***There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

Christine
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:05:22 PM

Neurons: 15,842
Christine wrote:
I like this quote but I can't say why. And, in the nano world of our make up is matter and space (well, matter is energy, right?).

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." A. Enstein

love=energy ?

I am carrying my heart~I am carrying my rhythm~I am carrying my prayers~But you can't kill my spirit~It's soaring and strong (Paula Cole's Me Lyrics)***We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spirtual beings having a human experience.(T.deChardin)***There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

fred
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:10:09 PM

Should an emotion be the worlds governing factor?

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doin' it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' and not even knowin‘ it." Festus
fred
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:10:50 PM

Why can't Posts be edited here?

MiTziGo
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 4:06:46 PM

Neurons: 6,142
fred wrote:
Why can't Posts be edited here?

That's a good question, perhaps raise that question in the site suggestions section.