mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Topic moving by topic starter Options
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:46:36 AM

Neurons: 663,176
This has been questioned before, but...

Now it is possible for the original poster (OP) to edit the topic title. Could it be possible to add a pick-up list of Forum sections to the edit screen? So the topic starter could move the whole thread to a better, more suitable section.

That kind of pick-up list exists in Forum Search screen so the necessary code is available. The only thing is if the message database can handle this via the edit screen. Anyway, the admins can move the topic somehow.
grammargeek
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:13:29 PM

Neurons: 33,836
I like that idea, JJ. Hopefully, it would cut way down on the number of incorrectly placed topics.
worldsclyde
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:17:17 PM

Neurons: 2,390
That sounds like a good idea. It seems to be happening often lately.Applause
RARA
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 8:25:47 AM

Neurons: 2,097
Great idea!

the amount of incorrectly placed topics is blossoming, must be summer.
Lucie
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 3:45:54 PM

Neurons: 395
I agree - good idea
gradyone
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 8:14:34 PM

Neurons: 12,277
A timely idea, JJ, since Yorker knows she posted her Inception thread in K&M, then lickety-brindle it was moved to P&R, and Kisholoy believes MichalG and the Silent Ones didn't move it, but there it is. To extrapolate your information, it appears Yorker could change the title of the thread, but she is unable to move it -- and the ability of the OP to move their thread is what you're requesting.
The question that comes to mind is when an OP places their thread in the wrong forum, how will they know they have done so, then know to move it? Will there be an oversight person(s) to alert them? If so, who decides which member(s) will carry out the oversight?
If parliamentary rules of order apply, I make a motion to nominate Kisholoy Mukherjee. Does anyone second the motion?
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 9:17:47 PM

gradyone wrote:

The question that comes to mind is when an OP places their thread in the wrong forum, how will they know they have done so, then know to move it? Will there be an oversight person(s) to alert them? If so, who decides which member(s) will carry out the oversight?
If parliamentary rules of order apply, I make a motion to nominate Kisholoy Mukherjee. Does anyone second the motion?

That way we don't end up in the mess, we'll end down in the moss.
Whistle
26letters
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 11:29:09 PM

Neurons: 2,050
gradyone Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 8:14:34 PM

26letters writes: Right. That way we'll all end up in the quicksand. I mean the snake-pit. I mean the sandbox. Whatever. And his posts will be the only ones that show up anywhere else. (Although I think you may have won favors with your nomination. He may allow you one post.)

To answer your question - NO.
Isaac Samuel
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:26:07 PM

Neurons: 1,222
I second 26letters in this regard
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:54:33 PM

Neurons: 7,777
Oh you guys are soooo funny. Clap clap.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:25:35 PM

kisholoy mukherjee wrote:

Was this irony and sarcasm addressed to OP or the previous posters?
26letters
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:06:50 PM

kisholoy mukherjee Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:54:33 PM

26letters writes: Hey KM, you don't have to type "clap clap". This little guy will do it for you. ( Applause ) You may not have met him before - you never needed him. But there he is. He only lives to applaud - and to make other people feel good.
redsxz
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:09:17 AM

Neurons: 5,425
Let's call this the "let's be sarcastic about KM thread" as well. Who knows perhaps they'll make it a rule to always be sarcastic to Km.
shaoley
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:41:30 AM

Neurons: 740
Oops I'm outa here...btw, good suggestion JJ, love it...
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:17:03 AM

redsxz wrote:
Let's call this the "let's be sarcastic about KM thread" as well. Who knows perhaps they'll make it a rule to always be sarcastic to Km.

Applause Applause
Yeah now I can use this smiley, because now I mean it.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:18:06 AM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Was this irony and sarcasm addressed to OP or the previous posters?

I can see you have joined the KM bashing gang of TFD, JJ...enjoy.Speak to the hand
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:10:02 AM

I can see you have joined the KM bashing gang of TFD, JJ...enjoy.Speak to the hand

Ah, my young Bangla fellow! Now you choose to see a Black nightshade when you ought to see a Lily.
I asked a simple factual question and you came back with claim of bashing.
Boo hoo!
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:17:47 AM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Ah, my young Bangla fellow! Now you choose to see a Black nightshade when you ought to see a Lily.
I asked a simple factual question and you came back with claim of bashing.
Boo hoo!

This whole thread is full of bashing and distastefully cheap sarcasm carried out in a gang (edited) mentality against one person.
You participated in that too by saying 'That way we don't end up in the mess, we'll end down in the moss.'

'Nuff said.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:42:28 AM

This whole thread is full of bashing and distastefully cheap sarcasm carried out in a gang bang mentality against one person.
You participated in that too by saying 'That way we don't end up in the mess, we'll end down in the moss.'

'Nuff said.

Saying that I meant that the moving of some thread from a section to another is better not to be decided by a single fellow member but the original poster oneself.

Don't be so suspicious on everything and everyone. When I want to bash you I give some good hint of it ;-)
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:56:54 AM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Don't be so suspicious on everything and everyone. When I want to bash you I give some good hint of it ;-)

I had thought you had given one already in this thread.
Anyway, I will look out for less subtle ones then!
26letters
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:07:04 PM

KM - Reading your last several posts, I was really impressed with your response. It wasn't your usual. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say that it's noticed when you keep things positive. If this is the beginning of a good trend, then I hope you have the strength of character to keep up the good work. Unfortunately, it's going be difficult to undo the damage that has been done - but it is possible, nonetheless.

Maybe it's time to let everyone see what a smart and considerate guy you can be.
kisholoy mukherjee
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:05:46 PM

26letters wrote:
KM - Reading your last several posts, I was really impressed with your response.

Oh thank you thank you.

26letters wrote:

It wasn't your usual.

It wasn't? Oh I am so glad...I am trying my best to be like some of you guys...but I just can't sink that l..I mean, rise that high! :D

26letters wrote:

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say that it's noticed when you keep things positive.

Positive...yes yes. I am positive now because I have tried my best not to lose my cool in the face of gang bashing. I am even considerate because of that.

26letters wrote:

If this is the beginning of a good trend, then I hope you have the strength of character to keep up the good work.

Oh thanks thanks. So nice of you to say that. Finally, finally she says that I have shown strength of character. Oh for their approval...Pray [blushes]

26letters wrote:

Unfortunately, it's going be difficult to undo the damage that has been done

Oh too bad. What damage exactly? Have I broken someone's window pane? Or damaged someone's car? What was it again?? Or were you talking about damage to me....lol...you kidding me?...I love ya guys....the lowly manners, the cheap gang mentality and disgusting sarcasm - all that keeps me going!!

26letters wrote:

- but it is possible, nonetheless.

Really? Oh thank you, thank you my lord. I am so glad. Oh I can barely control my tears of joy. Thanks for assuring me that all is not lostPray

26letters wrote:

Maybe it's time to let everyone see what a smart and considerate guy you can be.

So cute but you see I can never be as 'smart' as you guys. Clap clap.
I can never be smart enough to be part of a gang who are blinded by hatred and prejudice and only look for opportunities to bash those who have liberal and open-minded views.
Too bad I can never be that high class.

Considerate? Are you kidding me? How can I be considerate? I am not one of those who think that the poor who can't have three square meals a day can be happy.
Nah...there is no way I am considerate.

I am really, really dumb. Especially compared to y'all.

Statutory warning:
None of the above was sarcasmSpeak to the hand
26letters
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:52:28 PM

kisholoy mukherjee Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:05:46 PM
26letters wrote:
KM - Reading your last several posts, I was really impressed with your response.

Oh thank you thank you.

26letters wrote:

It wasn't your usual.

It wasn't? Oh I am so glad...I am trying my best to be like some of you guys...but I just can't sink that l..I mean, rise that high! :D

26letters wrote:

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say that it's noticed when you keep things positive.

Positive...yes yes. I am positive now because I have tried my best not to lose my cool in the face of gang bashing. I am even considerate because of that.

26letters wrote:

If this is the beginning of a good trend, then I hope you have the strength of character to keep up the good work.

Oh thanks thanks. So nice of you to say that. Finally, finally she says that I have shown strength of character. Oh for their approval... [blushes]

26letters wrote:

Unfortunately, it's going be difficult to undo the damage that has been done

Oh too bad. What damage exactly? Have I broken someone's window pane? Or damaged someone's car? What was it again?? Or were you talking about damage to me....lol...you kidding me?...I love ya guys....the lowly manners, the cheap gang mentality and disgusting sarcasm - all that keeps me going!!

26letters wrote:

- but it is possible, nonetheless.

Really? Oh thank you, thank you my lord. I am so glad. Oh I can barely control my tears of joy. Thanks for assuring me that all is not lost

26letters wrote:

So cute but you see I can never be as 'smart' as you guys. Clap clap.
I can never be smart enough to be part of a gang who are blinded by hatred and prejudice and only look for opportunities to bash those who have liberal and open-minded views.
Too bad I can never be that high class.

Considerate? Are you kidding me? How can I be considerate? I am not one of those who think that the poor who can't have three square meals a day can be happy.
Nah...there is no way I am considerate.

I am really, really dumb. Especially compared to y'all.

Statutory warning:
None of the above was sarcasm

26letters writes: You're right. My mistake. My motive was good, even if it wasn't worded right. (nothing I say could have been worded right.)

I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would offer a word of encouragement. That was so stupid. Don't worry - it won't happen again.

srirr
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 4:50:11 AM

Neurons: 484,353
JJ, thats really a good idea. If Admins pass the bill, I will thank them. :)

gradyone wrote:

Grady, we have noticed that sometimes some established members inadvertently initiate a new thread in wrong section, but soon realise their mostake. They need not get anybody else's input, but a pause. They are well-versed themselves to realise their mistake.

Sometimes, our fellas also help in pointing this out. I have done this, others have done this. Its only a matter of bringing it to one's notice. We need not nominate anyone for this. Do we have anybody nominated for marking spams? I don't think so. We all are wise enough to realise ourselves and not to get influenced by others' words.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:01:32 AM

srirr wrote:
JJ, thats really a good idea. If Admins pass the bill, I will thank them. :)

Grady, we have noticed that sometimes some established members inadvertently initiate a new thread in wrong section, but soon realise their mostake. They need not get anybody else's input, but a pause. They are well-versed themselves to realise their mistake.

At last someone posts here staying in topic! Thanks, srirr.
srirr
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:04:09 AM

My pleasure, JJ. :)

P.S.: I am an ISO 9005 certified threadjacker from International School of Threadjacking, but I have masters in humourous threadjacking.
RARA
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 11:43:30 AM

Neurons: 2,097
I think people are just posting in the wrong topic to be annoying now.

I can see no other reason for the dramatic increase in postings in vocab by advanced members that are clearly not vocab! (Breathe)

Ok, I am finding it bloody annoying actually and I am loath/e (still haven't the hang of that one yet) to keep saying, why is this in vocab? (another deep breath)

Please can we have an eject button? so we can eject the inappropriately placed threads.
dingdong
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:02:59 AM

Neurons: 3,370
RARA wrote:
I think people are just posting in the wrong topic to be annoying now.

I can see no other reason for the dramatic increase in postings in vocab by advanced members that are clearly not vocab! (Breathe)

Ok, I am finding it bloody annoying actually and I am loath/e (still haven't the hang of that one yet) to keep saying, why is this in vocab? (another deep breath)

Please can we have an eject button? so we can eject the inappropriately placed threads.

Yes, she means YOU Shame on you - you who have transgressed, and should be whipped mercilessly by one in leathers.
You, who, unbeknownst, have got our friend here, bloody agitated, and caused her to breathe heavily. Drama, loathing, ejection, rejection, dejection - where will it all end? I ask. Think
Hare today, gone tomorrow - I fear, dear freedelphinians.
Tread carefully where you post.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:19:10 PM

Interesting! It seems this thread has been moved from Site Features section to Site Features section?
d'oh! Think
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:57:04 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Interesting! It seems this thread has been moved from Site Features section to Site Features section?
d'oh! Think

lol
Is it irony or sarcasm? Dancing
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:31:06 PM

Admins, please,
I'll revive this thread again...

Now that we can't delete or edit our misplaced or thoughtless posts could it be possible to gain us the possibility to resettle a thread to a better place in the sections?
excaelis
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:55:20 PM

Neurons: 32,652
I don't know, jj,. I'm not sure K. Branagh could revitalise this thread ! L-I-VE ! L-I-I-VE!!!
gradyone
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:35:05 PM

Neurons: 12,277

Reviving the thread to request that an OP be able to move a thread from one forum to another invites a new question: How many times may it be moved? Once is enough, right? Otherwise we'll have Jetson threads skedaddling all over the place.

Having reread this page of the thread, I doubt that our satirical range can be revived. Our two favorite satirees departed FreeDELFia months ago and no one else can match their astonishing flights of irritability. Long may they itch and scratch. .Boo hoo!
srirr
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:37:36 PM

Nice try JJ. I am once again with you. Count me in.
Our lovely Admins, we want you to hear us. Hello!

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 12:40:26 PM

Aadmiins!
Twelve admin-moved topics in Science and Technology's first page.