The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

My friends. Options
pljames
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:25:53 AM

Neurons: 15,207
I am beginning to wonder how I can love two women at the same time. One is my wife who just passed away six weeks ago and one that I met after my wife died? Am I going crazy and losing my mind? I can get no mental health until my Humana insurance is transferred from Hayesville,N.C. to Larwenceville,Ga, which I am waiting on. Does love come from the heart or the mind? Curious-Paul
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:34:11 AM

Neurons: 660,058
In our lifetime, we love many people in many different ways - depending on what that person means/has meant to us.

We can love our parents and our children, our friends and family, our colleagues, all at the same time. And, yes, romantic love is no exception to that.

You are not losing your mind. Your heart, maybe, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
tunaafi
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 11:29:21 AM

Neurons: 53,503
You will almost certainly never stop loving your late wife. That does not mean you cannot love another. In a way, this is a tribute to your late wife. Your love for her was and is such that, now that you no longer have the physical link with her, you would like another physical link. I am sure your late wife would be happy for you. She would not want to live a life without present love just because she is no longer with you in body.I hope your new love is returned. Good luck!
Trichakra
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:38:20 AM

Neurons: 161
Lotje1000 wrote:
We can love our parents and our children, our friends and family, our colleagues, all at the same time. And, yes, romantic love is no exception to that.

We love our parents, child, wife and other members of our family.