mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Dementia Options
pljames
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 3:38:47 PM

Neurons: 15,207
My friends I have dementia and I know it. And at some point I will have to go to a nursing home. When that happens I will let you know hopefully. I thank all of you for putting up with me, God bless all of you even you non God believers. I will still write you until they take me to the nursing home, for I am a fanatic creative writer thanks to all of you. In my prayers I will ask God to spare you from this disease, why I have it I do not know?

I will fight it to the end. curious-Paul
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 7:31:44 PM

Neurons: 625,347
pljames wrote:
My friends I have dementia and I know it. And at some point I will have to go to a nursing home. When that happens I will let you know hopefully. I thank all of you for putting up with me, God bless all of you even you non God believers. I will still write you until they take me to the nursing home, for I am a fanatic creative writer thanks to all of you. In my prayers I will ask God to spare you from this disease, why I have it I do not know?

I wonder if you have been formally diagnosed as a dementia sufferer, Paul, or if you have reached this conclusion on your own,or in discussion with your family. If there has not been a medical diagnosis it may just be the usual forgetfulness we all experience in old age. This can be exacerbated by stress such as you have suffered in recent months and it will get better if you take care of your health. If you do have dementia and have to go into supported accommodation or a Nursing Home it need not mean giving up writing and being part of this forum. Don't give up on anything until it gives up on you. Hang in there mate!
Ursus Minor
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:32:22 AM

Neurons: 2,863
pljames wrote:

My wife tells me the same every other day, Paul. She is about 50. I am sure it can be overcome with exercise.
Train your memory. There are lots of exercises. Read, retell and analise.