mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Jews / Palestinians Options
fred
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:39:01 PM

Neurons: 4,457
Should the Isrealis allow the Palestinians to live within the state of Isreal?

Epiphileon
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:53:30 PM

Neurons: 166,516
I think, yes of course, as long as it does not preclude a two state solution.
I do not believe there will be any peace there without an independent Palestinian state.
fred
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:22:21 PM

Should the Jews have an independent nation within Germany?
The Seer
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:23:35 PM

Neurons: 217

fred wrote:

Should Americans allow the Native Americans to live in the United States?

uuaschbaer
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:29:44 PM

Neurons: 6,180
fred wrote:

What would an argument in favor of that look like, reparations? It seems a bit arbitrary. "Our fathers killed yours, so here's some land." It's an insult actually, suggesting that reparations can be made, and a weird one too.
wanda
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:50:44 PM

Neurons: 251
[fred wrote:]

You are being extremely provocative. Whereas the first question has been left unanswered since 1948 (the year of the official foundation and recognition of Israel) and have always been extremely disputable, I don't really know what you're trying to put across in the above question???
fred
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:03:51 PM

wanda wrote:
fred wrote:

You are being extremely provocative. Whereas the first question has been left unanswered since 1948 (the year of the official foundation and recognition of Israel) and have always been extremely disputable, I don't really know what you're trying to put across in the above question???

It may not be an equal comparison, but we have two nations that did not and does not want another kind of people in it's country. One kind of people shares the two.

Is this a comparison that can be further investigated? If not, why not.
The Seer
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:29:05 PM

fred wrote:
wanda wrote:
fred wrote:

It may not be an equal comparison, but we have two nations that did not and does not want another kind of people in it's country. One kind of people shares the two.

Your comparison doesn't hold any water. Germany was not a Jewish State, which was later occupied by Germans. The Palestinian territories and the West Bank (originally part of Transjordan), on the other hand, were Arab lands under Ottoman, then British rule. Israel occupies Palestinian land. Look up the word Nakba

wanda
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:47:35 PM

Neurons: 251
[wanda wrote:]

Well, the topic is extremely broad and impossible to reach any consensus at. At the same time, however, it's quite interesting, at least to me. What The Seer wrote above is true. And there are many historical aspects to take into consideration. However, the distinction has to be made between what triggered this hostility between: 1. Germans and Jews; 2. Jews and Palestinians. In case of the former, the core reason was ideology of totalitarian regime which Nazis popularized by means of propaganda brainwashing (I won't discuss the topic of anti-semitism prior to 1933.) In case of the latter, however, the situation is more complex, as here the important thing is the geopolitical situation plus religion.... By the way, did you know that there are anti-Israel Jews living in Israel? I tell ya, this is a "topic-river" (that's a Polish phrase as you presume ;P). But, you asked a good question-congrats!
Geeman
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:29:35 PM

Neurons: 125,022
fred wrote:

Honestly, I'm starting to think we should move the entire population of that area out of the region, put them on an interdicted island chain in the South Pacific (maybe one we nuked back in the 50's) and build a series of theologically based theme parks on all the supposedly "holy" sites. The Dome of the Rock should have a waterslide running down it. Turn the Wailing Wall into a rock climbing wall. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre Haunted House Extravaganza should have a big animatronic Jesus that pops up and scares the kiddies. There could be a giant facility on the fields of Armageddon for people to play laser tag and the most violent video games imaginable. That way the place could actually generate some revenue rather than costing us billions in aid year after pointless year.
RRP
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:54:56 PM

Neurons: 514
fred wrote:

I don't really think it is the nature of the Palestinian movement to allow Israel to exist anyways. So it is the mystery of how pragmatic one can be to avoid the inevitable in many ways, but I know no one wants that.
Luftmarque
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:36:25 PM

Neurons: 39,962
fred wrote:
Should the Israelis allow the Palestinians to live within the state of Israel?

Well you can't have a Muslim majority population, be a democracy, and still be a Jewish state, so admitting all the dispersed Palestinians as Israeli citizens would be the end of Israel as we know it. For me, that would not be a good thing, your opinion may vary.
Joseph Glantz
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:15:52 AM

Neurons: 6,040
As tempting as it is to give a long response I will give a few points and move on.

1. My only regret is that Israel wasn't formed earlier. That way there wouldn't have been a Holocaust.
2. Most Israelis are first or second generation refugees from countries where they were not allowed to live let alone actively participate in government - including a large segment from Arab states.
3. I doubt that a forum like this would be allowed to exist in any state in the Middle East other than Israel.
early_apex
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:39:40 AM

Neurons: 12,855
fred wrote:
Should the Israelis allow the Palestinians to live within the state of Isreal?

Seems to me they should let anyone lives there who wants to, subject to their immigration quotas, providing these people are not coming in for the sole purpose of overthrowing the government in place.

Israel is the only Democracy in the region, and the only economy where goods are produced, rather than just pumped out of the ground. The only manufacturing in the region outside of Israel that I know of is of IED's.
fred
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:43:12 AM

Do you think Germany would exist if the majority population was not German?
fred
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:43:49 AM

Joseph Glantz wrote:
As tempting as it is to give a long response I will give a few points and move on.

Thank you.
fred
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:54:35 AM

fred wrote:
Do you think Germany would exist if the majority population was not German?

But, what about Lebanon?
sarah111
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:59:10 AM

Neurons: 30
fred wrote:

I hope so, I hate the Jew's evil works with children and old women Palestinians

and about your second question

I consider Germany the only free country in the world and his great boss(Hitler)won't came back
sarah111
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:07:56 PM

Neurons: 30
Joseph Glantz wrote:

1. My only regret is that Israel wasn't formed earlier. That way there wouldn't have been a Holocaust.
2. Most Israelis are first or second generation refugees from countries where they were not allowed to live let alone actively participate in government - including a large segment from Arab states.
3. I doubt that a forum like this would be allowed to exist in any state in the Middle East other than Israel.

I think the world still refuses the Israelis even U.s
fred
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:16:43 PM

sarah111 wrote:
Joseph Glantz wrote:

I think the world still refuses the Israelis even U.s

Why do you think that is the case?

The Seer
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:32:05 PM

early_apex wrote:
fred wrote:

Seems to me they should let anyone lives there who wants to, subject to their immigration quotas, providing these people are not coming in for the sole purpose of overthrowing the government in place.

Israel is the only Democracy in the region, and the only economy where goods are produced, rather than just pumped out of the ground. The only manufacturing in the region outside of Israel that I know of is of IED's.

Have you ever read a newspaper in your life? Israel's "democracy" is a joke that denies basic human rights to Palestinians in Israel, and at times to Russian and Ethiopian Jews. Ethiopian Jews lived in the equivalent of trailer parks, even though they serve in the Israeli military. There is no equal representation across the board in Israel. By the way, Lebanon is a democracy and it borders Israel. Just in case you forgot it was there for past, um I don't know, 60 years or so!

Many neighboring countries produce many goods other than oil and "IED's" as you so intelligently put it. A little research would go a long way in enlightening yourself. There is an entire world around you, take notice.
fred
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:42:55 PM

The Seer wrote:

early_apex wrote:
fred wrote:

Have you ever read a newspaper in your life? Israel's "democracy" is a joke that denies basic human rights to Palestinians in Israel, and at times to Russian and Ethiopian Jews. Ethiopian Jews lived in the equivalent of trailer parks, even though they serve in the Israeli military. There is no equal representation across the board in Israel. By the way, Lebanon is a democracy and it borders Israel. Just in case you forgot it was there for past, um I don't know, 60 years or so!

Many neighboring countries produce many goods other than oil and "IED's" as you so intelligently put it. A little research would go a long way in enlightening yourself. There is an entire world around you, take notice.

By Lebanon I meant how it used to be a mostly non Muslim country until it was over-run by Palestinians and Syrians.
early_apex
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:48:05 PM

Neurons: 12,855
The Seer wrote:

early_apex wrote:
fred wrote:

I would much rather spout opinions than look things up. Can you point me to a newspaper article that explains how Israel's democracy is joke?
Winnie
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:02:54 PM

Neurons: 485
fred wrote:

By Lebanon I meant how it used to be a mostly non Muslim country until it was over-run by Palestinians and Syrians.

Being Lebanese, I can say that this statement is not correct. Lebanon has never been a mostly non Muslim country. The Muslim population has been at least around 50%. The percentage has grown higher now to more than 60%, but that has nothing to do with Palestinians or Syrians. It's simply because of Muslims tend to reproduce more, and because Christians tend to immigrate to other countries.

There is a large population of Palestinians but very few are given the Lebanese citizenship, even those who has been born in Lebanon. Lebanon (and the Palestinians) insist they should go back to Palestine.
The Seer
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:38:16 PM

early_apex wrote:
The Seer wrote:

early_apex wrote:
fred wrote:

I would much rather spout opinions than look things up. Can you point me to a newspaper article that explains how Israel's democracy is joke?

This article sheds light on the treatment of Ethiopian Jews in Israel. Try reading the entire article.

Ethiopian In Israeli Riot Over Dumping of Donated Blood

Palestinians in Israel being kicked out of their own homes. This occurred earlier this year.

Israel Evicts Palestinians from Homes

These are just a few links to get you started on your new journey of discovery.

And let me just clarify that there are many Israeli citizens who are working extremely hard to prevent these things. The majority of Israelis, Arab or Jew, want to live in peace and are tired of being used as pawns in a political chess match.

bugdoctor
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:55:15 PM

Neurons: 5,456
uuaschbaer wrote:
fred wrote:

What would an argument in favor of that look like, reparations? It seems a bit arbitrary. "Our fathers killed yours, so here's some land." It's an insult actually, suggesting that reparations can be made, and a weird one too.

Just how far back do you want to go with this? I had ancestors who were slaves in Rome. Does Italy owe me?
Geeman
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:15:36 PM

Neurons: 125,022
bugdoctor wrote:
uuaschbaer wrote:
fred wrote:

Just how far back do you want to go with this? I had ancestors who were slaves in Rome. Does Italy owe me?

Yes. But they pay you in denarius. The exchange rate between $US and ancient Roman coins is very bad, even before the banking system went down the tubes.
uuaschbaer
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:55:55 PM

Neurons: 6,180
bugdoctor wrote:
uuaschbaer wrote:
fred wrote:

No, that's what I'm saying, it's nonsensical. If reparations should ever be paid it's to those who suffered directly, not their children. At least, that seems a decent approach to me. The issue becomes more complicated if you consider the ways in which the society wherein the children live is not a meritocracy.
Yorker
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:03:06 PM

Neurons: 2,084
Fred wrote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course they should be able to share the land. This is the problem we will always have, religious intolerance, racial intolerance it will go and on and on..........

‘You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for our own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful’.
Marie Curie

bugdoctor
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:20:00 PM

Neurons: 5,456
There has never been a Palestinian state. ONE of the reasons, among others, is that - as I understand it- the Palestinian authorities don't wish to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation.