mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Scrabble words Options
Kerry.P
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 8:48:44 PM

Neurons: 13,143
I didn't know whether to post this in Games, Vocabulary or here. Eh?

"Scrabble allows 6,500 new words, including bezzy, tweep, onesie and lolz.

... Scrabble bases its accepted word list on changes in the Collins Dictionary but the latest update comes just three years after the previous one, rather than the usual five, reflecting the change pace of language..."

See http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-26/scrabble-new-words-bezzy-tweep-onesie-lotsa-ridic/6496944.

On my poor brain. I love reading any dictionary, discovering new(old) words and attempting to expand my vocabulary. But I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the pace if this is trend continues. Think
Dreamy
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:23:04 AM

Neurons: 10,806
Kerry.P wrote:
I didn't know whether to post this in Games, Vocabulary or here. Eh?

"Scrabble allows 6,500 new words, including bezzy, tweep, onesie and lolz.

... Scrabble bases its accepted word list on changes in the Collins Dictionary but the latest update comes just three years after the previous one, rather than the usual five, reflecting the change pace of language..."

See http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-26/scrabble-new-words-bezzy-tweep-onesie-lotsa-ridic/6496944.

On my poor brain. I love reading any dictionary, discovering new(old) words and attempting to expand my vocabulary. But I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the pace if this is trend continues. Think

Scrabble can be social or competitive. There are professional Scrabble players who earn a decent living from prize money.

My wife who is in a scrabble club, swots dictionaries and word lists, and enters several tournaments every year, sometimes playing as many as nine 50 minute games in one day of a two day event.

She is not the only person I have met who is good at scrabble but rubbish at spelling and grammar. In my case the reverse is true. Strange.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2021 1:43:19 PM

Neurons: 663,181
I will also wait in awe looking forward of this.