mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Austria Intelligently Lockdowns the Unvaccinated Options
Hope123
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2021 1:49:00 PM

Neurons: 58,724
Covid - Austria protects its people! Instead of penalizing everybody with a complete lockdown, only the unvaccinated are in lockdown. Seems fair. I wish Canada would do the same but make it a longer term until we get out of this pandemic.

Or at least make provinces use vaccine mandates to encourage the unvaccinated to get vaccinated. Children are the hardest hit demographic now, with long term effects, even deaths included. Canada hopes to get the 5-11 year-olds' vaccine approved in a couple of weeks. Anti vaxxers have made some parents hesitant. What a shame that this particular vaccine became politicized when others are routine.

"In Europe, the Austrian government ordered a nationwide lockdown for unvaccinated people starting Monday to slow the fast spread of the coronavirus in the country.

The move prohibits unvaccinated individuals over the age of 12 from leaving their homes except for basic activities such as working, grocery shopping, going for a walk — or getting vaccinated.

Authorities are concerned that hospital staff will no longer be able to handle the growing influx of COVID-19 patients.

"It's our job as the government of Austria to protect the people," Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg told reporters in Vienna on Sunday. "Therefore we decided that starting Monday ... there will be a lockdown for the unvaccinated"...Unvaccinated people can be fined up to 1,450 euros ($2,080 Cdn) if they do not adhere to the restrictions."

2 million of 8.9 million people will be affected for ten days initially.

Source is CBC Canada.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2021 2:09:17 PM

Neurons: 663,173
In Finland the restrictions were eased. Now the infections are growing rapidly. Few weeks ago I could see almost all the passengers in metro using masks, now only half of them. Over 80% of us are vaccinated twice. Some of the people think it's time to take no care.

I still use mask, when I go no further than my corner groceries. I use that desinfection soap they offer, when I enter the shop. When I come back home, I wash my hands. Simple survival method.

Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 1:56:30 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
In Finland the restrictions were eased. Now the infections are growing rapidly. Few weeks ago I could see almost all the passengers in metro using masks, now only half of them. Over 80% of us are vaccinated twice. Some of the people think it's time to take no care.

I still use mask, when I go no further than my corner groceries. I use that desinfection soap they offer, when I enter the shop. When I come back home, I wash my hands. Simple survival method.

Same here, JJ. 85% for 12 and over in Ontario are vaccinated. Still 15% playing Russian roulette with their lives and those of their families/friends/coworkers. With the cooler weather, the Delta variant, the gyms, cinemas etc being open now, and people being more indoors, the numbers of cases are rising again. There are also two new variants of Delta Plus. If this virus were more predictable it would be much easier to stop this pandemic - and also if anti vaxxers/anti Covid protocols would lose their immature rebellious streaks of when they were teenagers, use their heads, and help instead of hindering.

Health Canada is hoping to get the children's vaccine approved soon as the numbers of cases, deaths, and severe after effects in children is rising quickly.

The places I frequent such as hairdresser this morning, doctors, dentists, medical labs, chiropractors, grocery stores etc are all still maintaining strict protocols of masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizer. We socialize only at home, still being careful even though we are all with two shots.

Later today when it opens some new appointments I shall be booking our booster shots for over seventies after 168 days since our second shot with Pfizer.

So as soon as it is available to you, science recommends you get all the shots for which you are eligible, mask up, and keep your hands clean. If you choose to be unvaccinated, then have the decency to not go anywhere except for necessities.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 12:12:21 AM

Couple of days ago I said to a guy who came sitting ahead of me in metro, why wasn't be wearing a mask. He said he had had the two vaccines. I said it doesn't prevent you to spread the virus. He called me idiot.

Now these idiots without masks are spreading corona at the speed more than 1000 cases a day. They don't care about the others.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 1:15:37 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Couple of days ago I said to a guy who came sitting ahead of me in metro, why wasn't be wearing a mask. He said he had had the two vaccines. I said it doesn't prevent you to spread the virus. He called me idiot.

Now these idiots without masks are spreading corona at the speed more than 1000 cases a day. They don't care about the others.

Yeah, even though vaccinated, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems, even the healthy young where their immune systems did not give a good response, can still be infected and also spread it. The good news is that they are USUALLY not as sick and do not impact hospital conditions.

That said, an MP in the CDN federal government just died at 56. She was fully vaccinated. I forget which immune disorder she had and if she'd had her booster shot.

Problem is, this virus is so unpredictable that there is neither rhyme nor reason why even healthy younger people also succumb to the virus.

Europe seems to be back in trouble again. Chaos as mobs protest measures taken! WHO expects another 700,000 deaths by March:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59397182

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-1.6256777

If only they would realize that preventing lockdowns is in THEIR actions - get the vaccine, wear your mask, stay 6 feet away, and wash/sanitize your hands - AND when eligible, get your booster shot.

I'm trying to get us a booster appt as we will be eligible the end of this month. They are starting to vaccinate the kids 5-11 today so an appt may be harder to get. Ontario is in pretty good shape as long as people don't let down their guard. I have not seen anybody out getting groceries without a mask and the stores are still mandating masks. However, I do not intend to go a restaurant any time soon. They are open now.

Parents here are lining up, relieved they can finally get their kids vaccinated as the variants are hitting kids harder, making some very sick, leaving some with life long defects, and some are even dying.

Immunity from the infection itself may be weak especially if the virus attack was weak. And immunity to any microbe tends to dissipate as time goes on.

I know we are all tired of this fffing microbe, but we are almost there if we'd all just do the minor protocols instead of stubbornly refusing to make adjustments to our beliefs and thus actions. If governments would have just at the beginning mandated vaccine passports so people needed them to go places, we'd be out of this pandemic already.

Part of the problem is that we have an INFODEMIC of too many sources with agendas that have large audiences that are spreading disinformation on purpose.

Just got these apropos photos from an email from a healthcare provider. I'm sure you've seen some of them already.

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2021 10:04:27 AM

Few months ago almost all the people I saw in the metro or buses, or in shopping malls or corner grocery, used mask.
Now half of them, probably after they have got their two vaccine shots, have left mask away.
There's been a week or two now, in Finland, when the daily amount of contagions are over one thousand.