mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Don't let trifle matters to be.. Options
Dukul
Posted: Friday, June 4, 2021 5:13:44 PM

Neurons: 9,599
Are these sentences grammatically correct and natural enough?

▪ Don't let trifle matters to be the reason of your unhappiness. More or less we face unexpected situations that sometimes make us bewildered. It is to be bewildered when we think and make it as a serious part of our vision, mission or ideals. There's no use of thinking like this way. It will add nothing but develop our conflict in inner sides. It is hard to keep aside all the worries but we have to do it for the betterment of our life. So let the shitty things mop off from head and live with positive hopes.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2021 12:46:40 AM

Neurons: 241,541
Hi Dukul.
There are a couple of mistakes - and a couple of places where I would suggest a different phrase (even though yours is not "wrong").
After "let", you do not need "to" - Don't let him to eat all the cake.

"trifle" is a noun. The adjectival form is "trifling" - so the first sentence could be either of two possibilities.
Don't let trifles be the reason of your unhappiness.
Don't let trifling matters be the reason of your unhappiness.

"More or less" is not really wrong, but it has an idiomatic meaning as well as the obvious one (it means "approximately" or "almost"). So, to avoid confusion, I'd use the longer phrase "To a greater or lesser extent".

The normal phrase is "There's no use in . . ."
You do not need "like this way" - either "like this" or "this way".

I don't know the phrase "mop off from head" at all - it doesn't sound like any phrase I've heard. I can guess what it means.

Most of the paragraph is quite formal - the word "shitty" doesn't 'fit' with the rest.
It's not a word to avoid always - but it's one which needs to be used in context.

▪ Don't let trifling matters make you unhappy. To a greater or lesser extent we face unexpected situations which sometimes make us bewildered. It is bewildering when we worry and make it a serious part of our vision, mission or ideals. There's no use in thinking like this. It will add nothing, but will develop inner conflict. It is hard to keep aside all the worries but we have to do it for the betterment of our life. So let the disappointments pass you by and live with positive hopes.
Dukul
Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2021 7:59:52 AM

Neurons: 9,599
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hi Dukul.
There are a couple of mistakes - and a couple of places where I would suggest a different phrase (even though yours is not "wrong").
After "let", you do not need "to" - Don't let him to eat all the cake.

"trifle" is a noun. The adjectival form is "trifling" - so the first sentence could be either of two possibilities.
Don't let trifles be the reason of your unhappiness.
Don't let trifling matters be the reason of your unhappiness.

"More or less" is not really wrong, but it has an idiomatic meaning as well as the obvious one (it means "approximately" or "almost"). So, to avoid confusion, I'd use the longer phrase "To a greater or lesser extent".

The normal phrase is "There's no use in . . ."
You do not need "like this way" - either "like this" or "this way".

I don't know the phrase "mop off from head" at all - it doesn't sound like any phrase I've heard. I can guess what it means.

Most of the paragraph is quite formal - the word "shitty" doesn't 'fit' with the rest.
It's not a word to avoid always - but it's one which needs to be used in context.

▪ Don't let trifling matters make you unhappy. To a greater or lesser extent we face unexpected situations which sometimes make us bewildered. It is bewildering when we worry and make it a serious part of our vision, mission or ideals. There's no use in thinking like this. It will add nothing, but will develop inner conflict. It is hard to keep aside all the worries but we have to do it for the betterment of our life. So let the disappointments pass you by and live with positive hopes.

Thanks Profusely
❤❤