mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
possible vs practical Options
Carmenex
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:28:38 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/7/2014
Posts: 1,186
Neurons: 6,324
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. (This is because)/That would enable our team to share some fundamental(s) aspects/details of/for/regarding the project so that every stakeholder may achieve/gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, it would be unlikely to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to speak/(have a face-to-face meeting) with our team, then a viable/opportune solution would be having/arranging a video call with them. That would increase the chance(s) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical, to arrange separate calls with all of them, either individually or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such a solution/option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send it back because doing so would enable us to better explain them the goals of the project, and what the expertise of our team can be utilized/come in. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate/build strong and trusted relationships with the stakeholders thus resulting in our team tailoring our approach to and better serving their needs.
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:58:44 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 15,647
Neurons: 74,672
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
Some very long sentences, but I left as much as possible in your own words. My suggestions:

I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. That would enable our team to share the fundamental details of the project so that every stakeholder may gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance (or, opportunity) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical (either one), arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because meetings would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate stronger and more trusted relationships with the stakeholders, thus resulting in our team's ability to tailor our approach in better serving their needs.
Carmenex
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 12:03:44 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/7/2014
Posts: 1,186
Neurons: 6,324
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
Some very long sentences, but I left as much as possible in your own words. My suggestions:

I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. That would enable our team to share the fundamental details of the project so that every stakeholder may gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance (or, opportunity) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical (either one), arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because meetings would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate stronger and more trusted relationships with the stakeholders, thus resulting in our team's ability to tailor our approach in better serving their needs.



Hi FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions. Actually, meetings should be replaced by one of the expressions in bold, which one (if any) is preferable:
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because video calls/having (or speaking) by video call(s) would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide.?
Do you think that one of the expressions in bold should be included in the following:
However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not practical, it would (be possible)/(allow us) to arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.?


FounDit
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 7:50:12 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 15,647
Neurons: 74,672
Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
Some very long sentences, but I left as much as possible in your own words. My suggestions:

I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. That would enable our team to share the fundamental details of the project so that every stakeholder may gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance (or, opportunity) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical (either one), arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because meetings would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate stronger and more trusted relationships with the stakeholders, thus resulting in our team's ability to tailor our approach in better serving their needs.



Hi FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions. Actually, meetings should be replaced by one of the expressions in bold, which one (if any) is preferable:
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because video calls would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide.?
Do you think that one of the expressions in bold should be included in the following:
However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not practical, it would (be possible)/(allow us) to arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.?
There is a problem with the last sentence. After suggesting a video call wherein a convenient time might be available to them, and then suggesting that that might not be practical, you say "it" (presumably the video call) would be possible/allow us to arrange separate calls with all of them, individually or in groups.

If the video call turns out not to be practical, "it" (the call) can't do what you suggest. I suggest:

"... That would increase the chance to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not practical, perhaps individual calls, or smaller group calls might be attempted."



Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.