mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
I am trying to describe a city Options
Elmmosa
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:00:14 AM

Neurons: 2,376
Hello, I am trying to describe a city

X was located in a valley in the middle of huge mountain range. The population was a little more than eight hundred.

Can I say:

The houses ranged from old half-timbered houses to ultramodern glass and concrete houses with solar panels on the roof, with art nouveau homes from the early 19th century in between.

or should I write:

The buildings ranged from old half-timbered houses to art nouveau homes from the early 19th century to ultramodern glass and concrete houses with solar panels on the roof.

FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:08:09 AM

Neurons: 74,672
Elmmosa wrote:
Hello, I am trying to describe a city

X was located in a valley in the middle of huge mountain range. The population was a little more than eight hundred.

Can I say:

Both can work, but I like this one best, but I would suggest adding some words to the type of house construction:
"The houses ranged in construction styles from...".

The houses ranged from old half-timbered houses to ultramodern glass and concrete houses with solar panels on the roof, with art nouveau homes from the early 19th century in between.

or should I write:

The buildings ranged from old half-timbered houses to art nouveau homes from the early 19th century to ultramodern glass and concrete houses with solar panels on the roof.

Elmmosa
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:23:39 PM

Neurons: 2,376
Thank you sooo much! :)