Welcome Guest
CHURCH LIFE Options
whatson
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2020 2:50:51 PM

Neurons: 3,934
FounDit
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2020 3:25:37 PM

Neurons: 68,819

It is a shame when some members of a religion behave badly, whether it be a priest, a preacher, or a deacon; and it matters not whether it is sex, or condemning a man to be nailed to a tree, beheading/burning alive infidels, or torturing, as in the Inquisition. But that is the nature of Human Beings. We are far from perfect.

I'm not sure what your purpose is in posting this, but I do hope you share the same outrage whenever politicians of all stripes behave just as badly. I could be wrong, but somehow, I suspect you do not.
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:18:02 AM

Neurons: 8,291
FounDit wrote:

I do hope you share the same outrage whenever politicians of all stripes behave just as badly. I could be wrong, but somehow, I suspect you do not.
[/b]

Have you any evidence for your suspicion?

BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 12:13:30 PM

FounDit wrote:

I do hope you share the same outrage whenever politicians of all stripes behave just as badly. I could be wrong, but somehow, I suspect you do not.

FounDit
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 1:10:34 PM

Neurons: 68,819
BobShilling wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Yes. Previous postings.

https://forum.thefreedictionary.com/profile1674976.aspx
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 1:30:54 PM

Which of those do you present as your evidence?
Romany
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 6:12:08 AM

Neurons: 57,415

Whether it's an assumption or a fact; what possible relevance to this subject could be conjured up by anyone's personal opinion about a public figure?

A) this is the Religion & Philosophy thread. It's the polar opposite to the Politics thread. It has NOTHING to do with the Politics thread. It is NOT associated with the Politics section. It is NOT the Politics section.

B) In order to post an article on the subject of priests and paedophilia for discussion, there is no compunction for any poster to cite their political affiliation. Nor their personal views on any subject other than those they hold on kiddy-fiddling by pernicious priests.

Whether the poster ate Corn-flakes for breakfast, is happily married, likes ice-cream or Donald Trump, is American or Chinese...have no bearing on the subject of Church cover-ups of paedophilia. And is no business at all of total strangers discussing the paedophilic acts of clergy.