The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

QAnon Options
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:12:45 PM

Neurons: 53,297
QAnon’s Madness Is Turning Canadians Into Potential Assassins

We talked about QAnon and also the Deep,State in other threads. QAnon has crossed the border into Canada and one member tried to kill Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and/or the Governor General. This happened a while back but I didn't know the QAnon connection.till tonight.

Apparently this is becoming a world wide phenomenon - crazy people who think they are heroes saving the world.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/13/qanon-canada-trudeau-conspiracy-theory/

Scary that the world has become so crazy.

Seems to me there was a weird show called Q - I can picture the actor. I wonder if tha is how they cane up with the name Q.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:58:56 PM

Neurons: 1,359,810
Hope123 wrote:
Seems to me there was a weird show called Q - I can picture the actor. I wonder if that is how they cane up with the name Q.

Q was a character on Star Trek Next Generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(Star_Trek)
190Five
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:10:53 AM

Neurons: 21,649
Has crossed? This is a new one...

Cheers

Hope123 wrote:
QAnon’s Madness Is Turning Canadians Into Potential Assassins

We talked about QAnon and also the Deep,State in other threads. QAnon has crossed the border into Canada and one member tried to kill Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and/or the Governor General. This happened a while back but I didn't know the QAnon connection.till tonight.

Apparently this is becoming a world wide phenomenon - crazy people who think they are heroes saving the world.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/13/qanon-canada-trudeau-conspiracy-theory/

Scary that the world has become so crazy.

Seems to me there was a weird show called Q - I can picture the actor. I wonder if tha is how they cane up with the name Q.
190Five
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 1:12:49 AM

Q means Q Level Clearance in the US DOE. It's one Level above L Level and is comparable to Level 4 SecClearance in the DOD, IDC, DNI, MilIntel etc.
Access to Highly Classified Top Secret Need-to-Know, as it was formed by the Atomic Security Act (1958) and allows access to our most Sensitive Information: (Our Thermonuclear Arsenal and Device Designs , Physics Packages etc.)

It's a real Classification. I assume it's relatively unknown nature (most don't think DOE when thinking Top Secret³, they assume NRO, DIA, FBI, CIA and Military, so it's not as "glamorous" and not found in Pop Culture as often as Espionage and Agencies. Although interchangeable, the Departments like to keep certain aspects different from the other Depts. So, and I'm guessing here, someone is a Nerd &/or studied MilSci and decided this Rating (same as Ranking) would make a neat name, or something like that.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
190Five
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 1:34:07 AM

An unrelated example, Q from James Bond. But the Q stood for Quartermaster, the Department and Department Head, or Agency.

Taking what caused QAnon to first emerge a few years ago and their initial cause célèbre, PizzaGate, I'm fairly certain the James Bond Series isn't the inspiration.

A lot of so-called Anons migrated from the 4 & 8-Chan Boards and arrived on Mainstream Social Media Platforms, picking-up new Followers and erm, Anons, en route.

Some are a bit much, Try-Hards. But some are Legit OG Black and White Hat Class A Hackers, with a few Southpaws thrown in for fun. These are serious Data-Miners and can cause a bit of damage if they fancied. Many are Gray Hatters but the majority are learning or LARPing.

The Drops have decidedly Militaristic Aspect, in their form, flow, word choice, codenames, project assignments etc, which is odd as DOE wouldn't communicate in this manner. Not really a reason to do so as only a few real Q-Level will see their work.

FWIW: Nope. I'm not a "Member" nor do I fancy Conspiracy Theories. Since they are very active (or try to be so) in the US Political Campaign Seasons and Individual Candidates, we've gotta keep an eye on them, just in case, same as we do with myriad others. Good news: We're VERY good at what we do... 😁

Cheers. If I need to translate or offer better examples/explanations, please ask. I'll try to sort it out.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:49:47 AM

Neurons: 53,297
Thanks for the info, 190Five.

What is disconcerting is that Hurren's attempt to get at the Prime Minister has been written off by the media (most of it owned or backed by US hedge funds) as “he just wanted to talk to the PM.”.

QAnons in Canada are accusing Trudeau of an incident involving a US conspiracy they say happened in 2010 and it was only a conspiracy theory put out to help Trump with his election vs Hillary. The funny thing is that Trudeau was not even the PM then, as Stephen Harper was.

They do make leaps in logic and spread disinformation. They are dangerous, and getting more and more dangerous. Especially since Covid lockdowns.