MUSINGS OF STABLE GENIUS GAIN POPULARITY IN AUSTRALIA Options
whatson
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 9:06:56 AM

Neurons: 4,054
whatson
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 9:37:10 AM

Neurons: 4,054

AND IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC

https://www.lidovky.cz/domov/seniorka-z-berounska-z-obav-pred-covidem-19-vypila-dezinfekci-skoncila-v-horovicke-nemocnici.A200513_111100_ln_domov_ele

Although there's no information on the source of her inspiration, the senior female person (seniorka = senioress) used a mug as her drinking vessel. She was taken from the "common area to her room" before first aid arrived.
Romany
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:36:48 PM

Neurons: 59,681

It surprised me that to date, I've not come across any American news outlets discussing the effects of recklessly distibuting unfounded snake-oil charms on global audiences.

So thanks for those. And here's one from March that still doesn't seem to have penetrated the glass dome currently isolating the USA from the rest of the world.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/23/africa/chloroquine-trump-nigeria-intl/index.html

Would be pleased if you can prove me wrong on this. Have I just consisently missed these kinds of reports in American coverage?
Epiphileon
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 3:59:59 AM

Neurons: 167,374
I haven't heard any such reports Rom, but then again I don't watch any of the cable news networks I've found them all to be incredibly biased one way or the other.

I think it would be interesting to know how many cases of various kinds of poisoning have occurred in this country due to some of the idle musings issued from the president's podium.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 3:34:30 PM

Neurons: 57,307
“We're in deep shit”.

A whistleblower, Rick Bright, explains how he was removed from his job because of his objections to the distribution of chloroquine. I don't know if it is true, but reports were that Trump had invested in the drug.

The whistleblower’s claims about the government’s lack of COVID-19 preparedness went largely uncontested, even by the president’s allies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/rick-bright-covid-19-whistleblower-has-warning/611677/

Bright was then the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, a federal public-health agency involved in developing vaccines and treatments to protect the country from pandemics like the novel coronavirus. He’s now a congressional whistleblower, and the latest federal bureaucrat to cast the Trump administration in a withering light...Bright was testifying today because the Trump administration removed him from his post—an action he says was spurred by objections he raised to the wide-scale distribution of an antimalarial drug that the president had promoted as a treatment for COVID-19. Last week, Bright, through his attorneys, filed an 89-page whistleblower complaint with the federal Office of Special Counsel outlining his allegations. He told Congress that his repeated early warnings about supply shortages and the coronavirus threat went unheeded. “I was told that my urgings were causing a commotion, and I was removed from those meetings,” Bright said.

Bright was transferred to a lower-level position at the National Institutes of Health, and he is now appealing to get his job at BARDA back. Shortly before the hearing began this morning, Trump denounced him as “a disgruntled employee” who, “with his attitude, should not be working for our government.” Bright is part of a cohort of whistleblowers who have accused the administration, and in some cases the president directly, of impropriety or incompetence over the past three years. And though the social-distancing policy of the pandemic stripped this hearing of the usual visual drama, Bright’s indictment of the government was no less devastating.

(Overall, we rate The Atlantic Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing of information.)