The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

medecine or computer engineering Options
Tara2
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 6:49:15 AM

Neurons: 8,903
Do you think which is better computer engineering or medecine (doctor)?
FounDit
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 11:04:05 AM

Neurons: 67,035
Tara2 wrote:

I don't think anyone can say which is better. It depends entirely on the personality traits of the person seeking to choose a career.

The largest difference I see is that the computer engineer doesn't have to work with people in the same way a doctor does. The engineer isn't responsible for the lives of other people.

Where an engineer is concerned with machines and analysis, a doctor is concerned with the health and well-being of a patient. This requires a different kind of analysis. Also, I believe most doctors have to spend much more time in school and in training, at least here in the U.S. I think that is true.

Tara2
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 11:33:05 AM

FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:

I don't think anyone can say which is better. It depends entirely on the personality traits of the person seeking to choose a career.

The largest difference I see is that the computer engineer doesn't have to work with people in the same way a doctor does. The engineer isn't responsible for the lives of other people.

Where an engineer is concerned with machines and analysis, a doctor is concerned with the health and well-being of a patient. This requires a different kind of analysis. Also, I believe most doctors have to spend much more time in school and in training, at least here in the U.S. I think that is true.

But FounDit after 4 years university, I don't know any computer.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 12:08:16 PM

Tara2 wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:

Understanding a single computer isn't that difficult, as I have studied that in classes and build my own computers. Almost anyone can do that.

I'm not familiar with all that is involved in the field of computer engineering, but would suspect that it would involve details of designing hardware and software, setting up networking systems, servers, and related topics such as domains, and computing languages, etc.

Since one can specialize in a number of areas of computer engineering, one field is usually chosen as a favorite. Are these not the areas you are studying?

Becoming a doctor would involve much the same steps. Because there is so much to learn, 4 years would just be the beginning. Then an area of specialization is usually chosen, unless one simply wants to be a general practitioner.

Tara2
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 12:44:51 PM

FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:

Understanding a single computer isn't that difficult, as I have studied that in classes and build my own computers. Almost anyone can do that.

I'm not familiar with all that is involved in the field of computer engineering, but would suspect that it would involve details of designing hardware and software, setting up networking systems, servers, and related topics such as domains, and computing languages, etc.

Since one can specialize in a number of areas of computer engineering, one field is usually chosen as a favorite. Are these not the areas you are studying?

Becoming a doctor would involve much the same steps. Because there is so much to learn, 4 years would just be the beginning. Then an area of specialization is usually chosen, unless one simply wants to be a general practitioner.

I studied software engineering.
So you say that I continue my course and not study computer that can earn a lot of money?
FounDit
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:23:57 AM

Tara2 wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Tara2 wrote:

I studied software engineering.
So you say that I continue my course and not study computer that can earn a lot of money?

I wouldn't dream of telling what you should do. I would only say that if you really enjoy it, then stay with it, whatever that may be.

Both fields can pay well, depending on your skills and experience. But this usually takes time, and continuing to learn as you go along.