The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

HATRED Options
Buzzito
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 5:33:51 PM

Neurons: 842,755
The posts here, full of HATRED for Our President Donald J Trump, are truly tiring. It has been said, that bitter words speak a weak cause. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. A license to spew hatred, is not given by TFD and some of this borders inappropriateness, and common decency. Of course, here in the USA, there is FREE SPEECH. Remember however, that hatred is what is coming out from many of these posts. Deny it all you want. It is quite clear. Sadly, it seems that more libs post to TFD. Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA. While I come back to look for some positive dialogue here, I continue to be disappointed to find more hatred and intolerance. Obama had 8 years, and he did a poor job as far as I am concerned. But I did not spend a great deal of time posting the kind of negativity I find here. Everyone I meet is my superior in at least one way, but it gets more difficult to find these ways when all that is discussed is how Trump is this or that, his hair color, his skin color, his son, his family. Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:07:41 PM

Neurons: 1,141,970
Thank you. I, too, have grown tired of reading the same vile garbage day after day.
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:22:54 AM

Neurons: 5,065
Buzzito wrote:
Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama?

Are you joking?

No adult person can expect these people to be fair. They don't have a slightest idea of what fairness is, or what the heck it is for or about. Many if not most of them think it's just other people's foolishness that they have every right to exploit to their immediate benefit, by calling on others to be "fair" when it suits them and completely ignoring the idea the next moment when they don't need it anymore.

Trump is correct, they are fundamentally dishonest people.

E.g. at the moment they see impeachment as a technical procedure whereby they can get rid of Donald Trump. If technically they can use it, they will, and they couldn't care less if it's "fair" or not.
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 10:44:05 AM

Neurons: 67,035
True enough. I usually skip over them and don't read certain posters. The impeachment farce will fall like a lead balloon. I once said at the end of the Obama Administration that his administration will go down in history as the most corrupt in our history, and I still believe that to be true.

I believe President Trump will be re-elected in a landslide vote, as the political pendulum swings away from the Progressives. It's a very interesting and dangerous time in our history, but I think we avoided a catastrophe this time. Future generations will have to be ever alert to prevent such events in their time.

Countries all around the world constantly try to influence the things that happen in other countries for their own benefit. It's no different for us. America has enemies that would love to bring us down, and they work tirelessly to that end, but have to do it from the inside. This is what we are witnessing.

The greatest problem is that our people, too many of them anyway, take our freedoms for granted, and trust they will always be present and available. But we can easily lose them if we aren't watchful and know history. This is why education is so important, and must be wrested away from Progressives in our universities. We aren't out of trouble yet, but we are advancing towards that end. Another four years of President Trump will take us a long way down that road. It will then be necessary to elect another leader with a similar spine of steel and love of country, our people and our culture.

towan52
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:00:37 PM

Neurons: 224,827
Silenced Silenced Silenced
Personally, I don't want him impeached and removed. I would like to see this despicable individual thoroughly skunked at the election so we can call him "LOSER" and then chant, "Lock him up, lock him up." Then lock him up!
BobShilling
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:20:57 PM

Neurons: 7,896
Buzzito wrote:
Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA.

Well, in the 2016 election, a minority of the population voted for Trump, and his Democrat rival received nearly three million votes more than Trump.

Two years into Trump's presidency, his party lost control of the House of Representatives, and also lost seven state governorships. Recent polls show Trump's approval rating is about 43%, his disapproval rating at about 52%.

So, it seems pretty clear that the majority of Americans are not in favour of Trump or his policies.
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:36:01 PM

towan52 wrote:
Personally, I don't want him impeached and removed. I would like to see this despicable individual thoroughly skunked at the election so we can call him "LOSER" and then chant, "Lock him up, lock him up." Then lock him up!

Wish all you want. Not gonna happen...Dancing
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:39:59 PM

BobShilling wrote:
Buzzito wrote:

Well, in the 2016 election, a minority of the population voted for Trump, and his Democrat rival received nearly three million votes more than Trump.
Irrelevant. Our system does not operate on majority rule. It is a combination of population vote and state votes. It worked exactly as it was designed to work.

Two years into Trump's presidency, his party lost control of the House of Representatives, and also lost seven state governorships. Recent polls show Trump's approval rating is about 43%, his disapproval rating at about 52%.
Proves nothing. This is normally what happens. A lot of people vote for the President in an election, but don't turn out in the mid-term election, which usually gives the opposition party control of one house.

So, it seems pretty clear that the majority of Americans are not in favour of Trump or his policies.

Illogical conclusion based on incorrect data and assumptions. Hide and watch.
BobShilling
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:57:15 AM

FounDit wrote:

Irrelevant. Our system does not operate on majority rule. It is a combination of population vote and state votes. It worked exactly as it was designed to work.

Fine, but it is a fact that the majority of voters voted against Trump. That the system meant that he became President does not change that.
towan52
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:22:13 AM

FounDit wrote:
towan52 wrote:

Wish all you want. Not gonna happen...Dancing

Tis too, so yah boo and sucks!! looks like we've descended to Trump's level of communication Liar
thar
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 11:34:51 AM

Neurons: 90,937
The saddest thing here is that now other politicians are being tainted, so onlookers like myself are losing respect for the entire system. I don't know whether Trump should have been impeached. I don't know whether he should be found guilty. I have no valid opinion because I haven't evaluated the evidence for one and the evidence for the other has not been presented. Yet the Republican members, who are there to act honourably and for the best interests of all the people of the country, have already shown they will treat this as a party issue, and find him not guilty because he is a Republican. That is the saddest thing - they have forgotten their fundamental duty to go into any trial with an open mind and decide according to the evidence. By trashing that idea, they have further destroyed any credibility that the US had as a democracy. They made it a gang fight.
This time you can't blame Trump for devaluing his country. That is on the Senators who have already shown they lack integrity. That is nothing to do with any vote, any impeachment procedings, any trial. They have just got so caught up in their echo chambers of hate and lies and muckspreading and victim-playing that they have forgotten what they are supposed to uphold. Impartial justice.
towan52
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:18:56 PM

A lot of good sense here from Thar. I'd like to say welcome to the US political system but ... IMHO Career politicians (worldwide) will say, do, support or oppose anything to stay in power. This is why talented, honest and good people do not run for president. As Rex Tillerson said, "we have a sexually active individual of limited intellect for a president!" Or something like that.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:23:20 PM

Neurons: 1,365,119
Buzzito wrote:
Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!

Now that's just silly. Preposterous as well. Also a flat out lie. President Obama was villanized by republicans during his entire two terms. Who can forget the degrading treatment President Obama suffered. For example...

Moreover, little donny himself drove the birther conspiracy theory for years. He was eventually forced to publicly admit that his propaganda was mere fiction.

If little donny was a member of the democratic party, where would he be now after all the lies and betrayal of the Constitution and kissing dictators' asses (Putin, Kim Jong-un, Erdogan, etc). Moreover, little donny pleaded for Russia to interfere in the 2016 election and even promised a reward. Putin, of course, was happy to oblige his puppet's request. So, where would little donny be now if he was in the democratic party? Would he still be in the Oval Office? Or impeached and in prison? Pilloried in the town square?

The evidence is clear, little donny fancies himself to be a king. The banana republicans are happy to get on their knees and kiss his obese ass. They have their heads so far up his ass they can't tell crap from daylight. God bless little king donny.
Squawk Box
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:50:24 PM

Neurons: 1,307
Buzzito wrote:
The posts here, full of HATRED for Our President Donald J Trump, are truly tiring. It has been said, that bitter words speak a weak cause. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

A license to spew hatred, is not given by TFD and some of this borders inappropriateness, and common decency. Of course, here in the USA, there is FREE SPEECH. Remember however, that hatred is what is coming out from many of these posts. Deny it all you want. It is quite clear.

Sadly, it seems that more libs post to TFD. Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA. While I come back to look for some positive dialogue here, I continue to be disappointed to find more hatred and intolerance. Obama had 8 years, and he did a poor job as far as I am concerned. But I did not spend a great deal of time posting the kind of negativity I find here.

Everyone I meet is my superior in at least one way, but it gets more difficult to find these ways when all that is discussed is how Trump is this or that, his hair color, his skin color, his son, his family. Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!

I love the guy, and I am a carbon copy of him in a lot of ways. He is rich and I am poor, but we are simpatico in spirit.
Don't worry too much about boors, it gets that way during times of real stress in America. Just give it back to them, the same way that they give it to you.
Squawk Box
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:53:24 PM

Neurons: 1,307
BobShilling wrote:
Buzzito wrote:

So what? He is still the President, and he will be re-elected. I am certain that your digestion will be affected by that, but that is as it should be.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:13:14 PM

Squawk Box wrote:
I love the guy, and I am a carbon copy of him in a lot of ways. He is rich and I am poor, but we are simpatico in spirit.
Don't worry too much about boors, it gets that way during times of real stress in America. Just give it back to them, the same way that they give it to you.

Oh? Do you also want to have sex with your daughter like little donny does with Ivanka? Boast about liking young girls more than the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein? Declare that you can sexually assault any woman of your choosing and get away with it because of your celebrity? Employ a nazi sympathizer as your immigration policy adviser?

He violates the constitution like a cheap hooker and then has the audacity to proclaim that his impeachment is worse then women getting burned at the stake? F@#*ing ludicrous!

little donny's not going to drain the swamp. he's akin to the creature from the black lagoon. The swamp is his home. he knows of nothing else.
BobShilling
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:12:08 PM

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Do you also want to have sex with your daughter like little donny does with Ivanka?

Have you the slightest shred of evidence for that appalling claim?
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:05:09 PM

BobShilling wrote:
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Do you also want to have sex with your daughter like little donny does with Ivanka?

Have you the slightest shred of evidence for that appalling claim?

From The View...

"She does have a very nice figure." "If Ivanka wasn't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7yf8-Lk80

From Wendy Williams...

"What do have you common with your daughter Ivanka?" "I was going to say sex..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_axTST2aY

Additional links...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_axTST2aY

Donald Trump to Howard Stern: It's okay to call my daughter a 'piece of ass'

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/

Little donny replies "She's voluptuous."

BobShilling
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 4:10:41 AM

Trump has an appalling record in the way he talks about women, and has made embarrassingly inappropriate remarks about his own daughter.

However, nothing I have found, including in your links suggest that he wants to have sex with her or (one possible interpretation of your sentence) actually does have sex with her.
Buzzito
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 8:10:49 AM

Neurons: 842,755
BobShilling wrote:
Buzzito wrote:

Interesting, you believe that the "winner" of the election should have been the popular vote winner, instead of via the electoral college as OUR government has previously established. Odd. Really, you think that someone without the smarts to function in the world in a legal fashion, should run Our country.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 10:35:13 AM

thar wrote:
The saddest thing here is that now other politicians are being tainted, so onlookers like myself are losing respect for the entire system. I don't know whether Trump should have been impeached. I don't know whether he should be found guilty. I have no valid opinion because I haven't evaluated the evidence for one and the evidence for the other has not been presented. Yet the Republican members, who are there to act honourably and for the best interests of all the people of the country, have already shown they will treat this as a party issue, and find him not guilty because he is a Republican. That is the saddest thing - they have forgotten their fundamental duty to go into any trial with an open mind and decide according to the evidence. By trashing that idea, they have further destroyed any credibility that the US had as a democracy. They made it a gang fight.
This time you can't blame Trump for devaluing his country. That is on the Senators who have already shown they lack integrity. That is nothing to do with any vote, any impeachment procedings, any trial. They have just got so caught up in their echo chambers of hate and lies and muckspreading and victim-playing that they have forgotten what they are supposed to uphold. Impartial justice.

A couple of points:

First, the House of Representatives has produced NO evidence of any high crimes or misdemeanors, the basis of impeachment.

Second, impeachment is simply making a charge, or accusation.

Third, if the charges are never delivered to the court for judgment (the Senate), no judgment can be made since there is no evidence presented, only opinions. And since there is no evidence to back up the charges/accusations, the defendant can be acquitted, which is what the Senate leader has said will happen.

It is exactly how any legal proceeding should occur under these circumstances. The only "crime" the President has committed is running for, and being elected to, the office of the Presidency. The Democrats have stated as much since they committed themselves to impeachment from the very beginning of his election. This has always been about overturning the 2016 election, and removing the President from office - basically, a coup.

Added to this is the fact that we no longer have a Democrat Party. It has now been corrupted and taken over by the Socialists, who desire to weaken, if not destroy, our system. So this is really a fight between traditional two-party politics here in the U.S., and Socialism, which has subsumed the Democrat Party into itself. We will have to see if the original Democrat Party can be saved. I am hopeful that it can be saved. But only if it excises its Socialism rot.

Edit: By Socialism, I mean a strong Federal Government that exerts control over much of the lives of its citizens. Americans have traditionally rejected this idea in favor of individual freedom and control. But Federal power has been increasingly growing over the last 100 years, and is now seen by many, myself included, as a threat to our freedoms.
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:28:28 AM

Neurons: 53,387
Hi Thar. You are right on with your post. The Republican jurors (senate) have already decided, as has FD, that Trump's not guilty, because he is doing Republican business as desired - before the trial even begins. Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, is considering not sending the articles to the Senate just yet for this very reason. It will not be an impartial fair trial.

Whether impeachment helps or hinders Trump in 2020 is not the issue. The issue is that not following the rule of law and not keeping the oath of office to uphold the constitution could not be ignored because if that is overlooked as is the emoluments clause what will he do next to encroach upon democracy if he gets away with this. It is the line in the sand. They really had no choice but to impeach even if it helps him win the election. To me as it write it - that is the weirdest statement ever. Being impeached for doing what the Constitution forbids could help him win an election. It is a no brainer that it should not help.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/12/politics/impeachment-articles-annotated/

High Crimes and Misdemeanours - impeachment articles of DJT annotated. Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress.

:::

There is only the party of Trump vs Democratic Party. The faction of the Democratic Party that is NOT a majority of Democrats is not even the socialism FD is talking about. Congress member Ocasión-Cortez is proposing a system of democratic socialism - for instance universal healthcare like that in Canada.

https://www.businessinsider.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-explains-what-democratic-socialism-means-2019-3

In an exclusive interview with Business Insider in late December, Ocasio-Cortez broke down why the idea of democratic socialism isn’t so scary for her generation.

“So when millennials talk about concepts like democratic socialism, we're not talking about these kinds of ‘Red Scare’ boogeyman,” she said. “We're talking about countries and systems that already exist that have already been proven to be successful in the modern world."... Ocasio-Cortez has likened her view of democratic socialism to Scandinavian social democracy. The congresswoman's progressive platform consists of a single-payer health care system that covers all forms of health care.

"We're talking about single-payer health care that has already been successful in many different models, from Finland to Canada to the UK,” she said.

It is a mystery why Americans are so afraid of this collective responsibility. Individual rights, equality, freedom, and inclusiveness (A Just Society) have risen to the forefront of political and legal importance to Canadians. That is all that is meant by socialism by Ocasió-Cortez.

Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 6:27:28 AM

We already have socialism in the US. We have for a long, long time. Get over it. We all pay taxes. These go to support K-12 education, libraries, police, firefighters, roads & other infrastructure, etc. These are things that make our society a better place to live. Moreover, we work our whole lives. We pay into Medicare and Social Security so that when we're old and feeble we'll have medical care and some of our basic needs taken care of.
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:34:44 AM

FounDit wrote:

A couple of points: the House of Representatives has produced NO evidence of any high crimes or misdemeanors, the basis of impeachment. [color]

That's your opinion. The opinion of a majority of the House of Representatives is that they have sufficient evidence to justify impeachment.

Quote:
impeachment is simply making a charge, or accusation.

Fine.

Quote:

The only "crime" the President has committed is running for, and being elected to, the office of the Presidency. The Democrats have stated as much since they committed themselves to impeachment from the very beginning of his election. This has always been about overturning the 2016 election, and removing the President from office - basically, a coup.

NO. Original Democrat efforts to restrict Trump's willingness to do as he pleased were based around a bill that would require the president of the United States to divest any assets that could raise a conflict of interest.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:37:57 PM

FounDit wrote:
True enough. I usually skip over them and don't read certain posters. The impeachment farce will fall like a lead balloon. I once said at the end of the Obama Administration that his administration will go down in history as the most corrupt in our history, and I still believe that to be true.

Obama left office in January 2017 with a 60% approval rating. A 2018 survey of historians by the American Political Science Association ranked Obama the 8th-greatest American President. I expect as time passes he will move up the ladder. He is beloved even now and has the largest number of followers on Twitter. He was a philanthropist with his book earnings even before he became president.

Eight years and not one scandal. Not even a hint of corruption. Except he wore a tan suit. Whistle He is a Democrat and liberal so therefore to FD must be corrupt.

Contrasted with nearly every associate of Trump all his life being a crook. Trump himself is a con man salesman who has refused to pay what he owed to people who worked for him, had a corrupt university scheme, and stole money from his charity - to name only a few. He paid for sex when his wife had just had a baby, and then paid to have the sex worker silenced - I believe using campaign funds which is against the law. What's the latest lawsuit? I forget what he was just convicted of.

Adding to the list of corruption- thousands of lies to the American people, Emolument clauses, asked China, Russia, and Ukraine to help get rid of Hillary and Biden, and much much more we probably will find out about later.

Makes me think you must be losing it at your age, FD.

I can say that without offending FD because I know FD does not read my posts. Whistle I post too many truths and facts that anger him - such as in this post.
ROBODUCK
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:08:23 AM

Neurons: 5,072
HATRED! I cannot suggest any justifiable value to be derived from it! I too have become extremely frustrated over hate towards Mr. Trump and his family!
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:48:24 PM

thar wrote:
The saddest thing here is that now other politicians are being tainted, so onlookers like myself are losing respect for the entire system. I don't know whether Trump should have been impeached. I don't know whether he should be found guilty. I have no valid opinion because I haven't evaluated the evidence for one and the evidence for the other has not been presented. Yet the Republican members, who are there to act honourably and for the best interests of all the people of the country, have already shown they will treat this as a party issue, and find him not guilty because he is a Republican.
I don't know how you can say that since you have no evidence to support such a claim. I have heard no Republican say they would find him not guilty because he is a Republican. The say he is not guilty because there has been no evidence presented that shows any guilt for a crime. When asked point blank what law he violated, none can answer because there is no evidence of such behavior.

That is the saddest thing - they have forgotten their fundamental duty to go into any trial with an open mind and decide according to the evidence. By trashing that idea, they have further destroyed any credibility that the US had as a democracy. They made it a gang fight.
Actually, it is the Democrats that have made it a gang fight. They have stated openly that they planned to impeach Trump began the moment he won the election. They have never accepted the fact that they lost the election, and they never will. It's all about power, getting it, and keeping it.

In the past, when a party lost an election, there was some introspection on why the voters favored the other party rather than those who lost. There was a focus on trying to regain the confidence of the voters.

Today, there is no attempt to win over voters. The whole idea is to simply overturn the last election and nullify the votes of those who chose Trump.

If they find for acquittal because there is no evidence of a crime, then that will be impartial justice.
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:57:21 AM

Neurons: 667,509
Buzzito wrote:
Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!

I believe I've given Trump the same fair treatment I gave Obama. Difference is Obama acted respectfully - Trump does not. From his "grab 'em by the pussy" comment to his mockery of women, war veterans, African countries or Mexican immigrants, he proves time and time again he is incapable of displaying respect or dignity. (You could blame my opinion on echo chambers or deliberate framing, but I've seen his actions from his own videos, speeches and Tweets.)

You're fair to analyse the hatred spewed by his opponents and I agree that comments about his appearance or Melania's are uncalled for (and unhelpful). I suggest you don't stop there, but that you also start analysing the hatred expressed by your own President.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:43:17 AM

The US impeachment clause, as originally written, singled out the crimes of treason and bribery as grounds for impeachment. So afraid of foreign interference and especially of a president seeking out such help, the Founders would have impeached Trump in a heartbeat for trying to bribe the Ukraine for help - with an election, no less.

Trump also tried/tries to obstruct justice at every turn, declaring he has complete power to do what he wants and therefore considers himself above the law.

It is hilarious that Trump supporters say there is no cause for impeachment while ignoring all the actions of this president, (some listed above and below) his family, and all the people he put into power around him who have been indicted, even gone to jail, where any one of several of his actions would be cause for impeachment - yet supported the impeachment of a president because he lied about a blow job.

There were efforts to impeach Trump almost from the beginning - not because Democrats lost the election but because of Trump's actions.

Trump et al refuse to accept that reality and the “overturn election result” is a riduclous talking point started by Trump.

Right from the beginning there were conflicts of interest as Trump used his position as president to promote the interests of "Trump"-branded businesses. There were and still are ongoing payments by foreign entities to businesses within the Trump business empire. He refused to put his businesses into a blind trust as other ethical presidents have done. In fact many of his days he is moonlighting visiting his businesses while he's supposed to be president and doing those duties.

In March 2017, Trump made policy decisions favourable to China, and shortly thereafter accepted from China 38 "Trump" trademark applications set to take permanent effect in 90 days.

Above listed are all violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause which is the biggie included by the Founders to prevent a president soliciting or accepting personal foreign help resulting in their ability to interfere in the US.

Again - the Founders would have impeached Trump three years ago for his actions against the Emoluments clause and especially now with his bribery attempt of the Ukraine.

FD says Trump broke no laws. I assume whoever made this chart knew American law - if really interested, one can always do the research to proof it.

[image not available]

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:09:29 AM

Buzzito,

If you are going to call out hatred on the politics forum, please be specific with examples of what you don't like. Accusing everyone who may have just posted factual negative information in a straightforward respectful way does not further discussion. Painting every post with the same brush is not helpful.

It is ironic that you missed what happened to Obama and also do not see why the public is incensed by Trump's behaviour while attacking democracy, while treating people atrociously, while lying, and while committing what the Founders would have considered impeachable.

You really think Trump is fair and deserves fair treatment? He does not even know the meaning of negotiating fairly. He is a bully of people and a bully of countries. You just have not been his target.

There is a saying - you get what you give. Anger and hatred pour out of Trump's pores daily in his Twitter feed, in his comments to press, and in his actions. Yesterday for just one example of the many in one day, he praised Pompeo for harassing a female reporter. He judges people, especially women and those with more melanin, by their looks - so it is no wonder people go after him and his family for their looks and throw the personal attacks back at him.

Buzzito wrote: “Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!”

Fair? Expected? Maybe, although I doubt it. But certainly not delivered. “Let's make him a one term president”, said the leader of the senate at the beginning of Obama's first term. Not “let's work together for the good of the country”.

You yourself may not have posted about Obama, but there is a whole book written about hatred against Obama, including about many death threats. It was very unusual that a senator needed security even before they became president, but he did. The Birtherism movement started by your very own current President contributed to Obama hatred and racism as the Right started untruly and unfairly calling him an African, a Muslim, and not even a US citizen before he was even elected.

Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 1:27:00 AM

Hope123 wrote:
Trump et al refuse to accept that reality and the “overturn election result” is a riduclous talking point started by Trump.

Yes, it's really quite silly. That's the very definition of impeachment. It would be easier if this were The Gong Show. We could just drag him off the stage with a giant hook around his neck.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 10:34:56 AM

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Hope123 wrote:

Yes, it's really quite silly. That's the very definition of impeachment. It would be easier if this were The Gong Show. We could just drag him off the stage with a giant hook around his neck.

Oscar, I wish they would stop getting our hopes up with investigations such as Mueller and this “s**t show of a trial. It is now up to the true American patriots who want to preserve the republic the Founders created. Those Founders were afraid of foreign entities such as Communists interfering in the running of the government or in leaders who actually asked foreign entities for help. Those patriots will have to stick together and vote blue no matter what or who if they want a change.

I know you like descriptive analogies, but referring to giant hooks around his neck is not really egregious or hateful but is a little over the top, don't you think? We don't want to give Buzzito ammo for his claims that we are hateful people. Maybe the courts will go after the emoluments clause violations but I just hope there are enough Americans who are incensed that the Republicans are admitting he did these things but that the offence is not impeachable - and just vote him out in November.

The senators told us before the trial they had made up their minds before hearing the evidence to vote “For Trump” and themselves, not country, so we knew the outcome before it started. Edited to add - Trump might be acquitted by this “trial with no witnesses allowed” but he is forever impeached and won't be exonerated. Nor will the Republican senators or the Republican Party which has let themselves become the Trump Party.

I found this chart rather startling if true.

[image not available]

Americans need to make sure they are registered to vote up until election day.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:08:29 AM

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Hope123 wrote: