The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Did You Know? #13 ~ 2% Milk Speeds Up Aging Options
hedy mmm
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:34:08 PM

Neurons: 699,768
Did You Know? #13 ~ 2% Milk Speeds Up Aging

I love ‘Whole’ Milk...I remember a time when “that’s all she wrote” !d'oh!
When I have company, I serve coffee with cream, or half-n-half, or ‘whole/real’ milk only...or they can drink it black!
Like decaffeinated coffee, 2% and 1% milk are a joke! d'oh!

I found the the following article that substantiates my stand on milk. Of course, if you’re lactose intolerant, or other factors prevent you from drinking milk...don’t! Shame on you

Another study investigating the effects of dairy on human health and aging has found that swapping typical 2-percent milk for the lower-fat 1-percent milk has a noticeable positive impact on one’s rate of aging. The study joins an existing body of research on dairy and its potential impact on everything from acne to aging and the development of cancer.

It’s no secret that the dairy lobby is a massive one, something that has gone to great lengths to ensure dairy remains a common element in the Western diet. This industry has proven hostile toward research that challenges the idea that dairy is entirely healthy; it has even gone so far as to challenge the use of the term ‘milk’ with plant-based alternatives like soymilk and oat milk.

Despite this, we’ve seen a growing number of studies that link dairy consumption with potentially problematic health outcomes, including faster aging and increased odds of developing cancer. Seemingly underscoring this body of research is a new study out of Brigham Young University, where researchers have found that switching from 2-percent to 1-percent milk is ‘significantly’ linked to longer telomeres and slower aging.

The research was performed by Brigham Young University’s Larry Tucker, Ph.D.; the study involved more than 5,800 adults in the US. Based on the data, Tucker found that adults who consumed skim and 1-percent low-fat milk had also experienced ‘several years less biological aging’ when compared to people who consumed two-percent and whole milk.

SOURCE: Brittany A. Reston, SlashGear's Entertainment, Health, and Science Editor - 1/20/20

And as Soupy Sales quipped, “Don’t cry over slipped milk, there’s enough water in it already” Applause

hedy Dancing

FounDit
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:32:04 PM

Neurons: 65,610
I wonder if cooking with different fat levels of milk makes any difference...Think

Soupy Sales? I wonder how many people know who that is. At lunch today, one of the instructors at the college related his wife's habit of telling the students, "Next week, y'all. Same bat-time, same bat-channel". Not one of them knew what she was talking about...Eh?
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 10:44:10 PM

Neurons: 86,015
Ever took honey with milk, hedy?
hedy mmm
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 12:15:44 AM

FounDit wrote:
I wonder if cooking with different fat levels of milk makes any difference...Think
I Think not!

Soupy Sales? I wonder how many people know who that is. At lunch today, one of the instructors at the college related his wife's habit of telling the students, "Next week, y'all. Same bat-time, same bat-channel". Not one of them knew what she was talking about...Eh?

Hi FounDit...
Oh, I know the answer! i was a college student in the late 1960s when the live-action (Adam West) Batman tv show was popular...at the end of the program an announcer would tease the viewers with the comment: Tune in "Next week, y'all. Same bat-time, same bat-channel"......I returned years later and taught at the same school...

I loved Soupy Sales I didn’t miss one of his shows! ...he was brash with in-your-face humor that made you laugh for hours...especially his side kicks whom you never saw except their paws “Wnitefang” and “Blacktooth”. I’m sure you remember them...those shows were worth watching!
Thanks for the reminder!

————-

Ashwin Joshi wrote:
Ever took honey with milk, hedy?

Hi Ashwin Joshi...
By all means!! There is nothing so delish as honey with milk...of course it depends on where the Honey Bee develops the nectar...and what flowers he pollinates...if it’s raw, unfiltered honey with royal jelly (the yellow milky secretion) and 100% milk....it’s the perfect food...fit for a king!

You haven’t lived until you’ve savored pure honey, and I’m pretty fussy about where I get my honey... it’s the “Good Sugar”...trust me!

I will do a “Did You Know? Honey“ series soon...so I’ll say “Tune in to TFD Ashwin Joshi.”... Did you know it comes from India?

hedy

narkom12
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 2:25:47 AM

Neurons: 1,210
And as Soupy Sales quipped, “Don’t cry over slipped milk, there’s enough water in it already”

Milk, as it comes from the cow, contains 2.8-3.5 percent fat and 88 percent water.
Modern dairies usually centrifuge all of the milk and remove all of the butterfat (cream) and then add the butterfat back in the percentage they sell the milk with. The do not add water))

hedy mmm
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:22:22 AM

narkom12 wrote:
And as Soupy Sales quipped, “Don’t cry over slipped milk, there’s enough water in it already

Milk, as it comes from the cow, contains 2.8-3.5 percent fat and 88 percent water.
Modern dairies usually centrifuge all of the milk and remove all of the butterfat (cream) and then add the butterfat back in the percentage they sell the milk with. The do not add water))

————-

You’re 100% correct narkom12Applause ...they DO NOT add water, (if they did, you’d be drinking ‘foggy’ milk—from semi opaque to translucent ...hahaha) BTW it’s exactly what Soupy Sales quipped, “...there’s enough water in it already”...88%! d'oh!
Yeesh! He was smarter than most...Think
The fact is that 2%, 1% and non fat milk tastes & looks like WATER...that’s the problem! Brick wall

Thanks for the facts & laughter my friend...now I’d better get back to work...I have artwork that has to be done today, I promised! Whistle

hedy Dancing
Have a blessed weekend!Dancing

Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 8:45:10 AM

Neurons: 86,015
Dairy contains many other ingredients not only milk. We primarily here are discussing about milk…whole or 2%...as to which one is better for humans. Whole milk contains too much fat and is meant for the heavyweights like the Bison, Ox and the bull. Aren’t we snatching their food…their mom’s produce…just compare human babe’s moms. Anyways back to discussion low fat milk is good for humans and babes…very nutritious…full of antioxidants…Cow milk is lighter and less fattening that buffalo milk. It’s also more digestible which is why it’s given to infants. Buffalo milk is creamier and thick so it can be used to make heavy items like, cheese, rice-pudding, kulfi, curd, ghee. Cow milk can be used for rasgulla, rasmalai (Indian sweetmeats) etc. cow’s milk has more water content, therefore, it keeps the body hydrated…which is better depends which one can you digest...over to you hedy