The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

DID YOU KNOW? #6 Incredible Complexity Options
hedy mmm
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:41:54 AM

Neurons: 699,768
Incredible Complexity

According to a 2013 research article by Dr. Strippoli et al., the average person has 37.2 trillion human cells in her or his body—not to mention the trillions of bacterial cells. To put that in perspective, there are about 5,000 stars in the night sky on a clear night visible to the naked eye. That’s a tiny number in comparison. So let’s use the number of stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way, which is about 100-400 billion stars. If we use the average of those estimates, that would mean that there are 150 times more of your cells in your body than there are stars in our galaxy!

Your DNA is the blueprint for all of the proteins that form that cells that make up your body. According to Science Focus Magazine, if you were to extract your DNA from any one of your microscopic 32.7 trillion cells and unwind it, it would be about 2 meters (or 6.5 feet) long. This means that all of the DNA in your body could stretch across the diameter of our solar system twice!

But there’s more! Each of those cells in your body were formed with a complete copy of your genome, a code made up of deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA. Unless you are an identical twin, that code is completely unique to you—is is highly unlikely that anyone has had the exact genetic code you do, or ever will. 

If you are not a math and science person, this is the point—you are incredibly complex, the building blocks that make up you outnumbering the stars in the sky. The sheer vastness of our universe can make us feel small, but the complexities of our bodies show that the ‘Higher Power/Creator’ put an incredible amount of love and care into making each one of us. 

You are incredibly complex and unique—a true work of art by the most creative Being in existence.

Be thankful especially today...

hedy mmm
BobShilling
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 2:02:58 AM

Neurons: 7,871
hedy mmm wrote:
Incredible Complexity
You are incredibly complex and unique—a true work of art by the most creative Being in existence.

And he created the first of us in the 24 hours beginning, according to Bishop Ussher, one evening in late October, 4004 BC. That's 428,240,740.741 cells a second.

Incredible!
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 2:27:15 AM

Neurons: 589,266
Fascinating! Thanks for posting.
hedy mmm
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 6:48:13 PM

Neurons: 699,768
BobShilling wrote:
And he created the first of us in the 24 hours beginning, according to Bishop Ussher, one evening in late October, 4004 BC. That's 428,240,740.741 cells a second.

Incredible!
——————-

Yes it is BobShilling!
I’m quite familiar with Bishop Ussher, and although I don’t wholeheartedly agree with his theology...I do agree with an approximation of his time frame of creation to the present, (around 4,000 yrs BC + 2,000 yrs AD= 6,000 yrs(6 days of creation) and the beginning of the 7th day, the time of Jesus’ return... “A day is like a thousand years for the Lord” the month of October as the beginning is telling, because Jesus’ was not born Dec 25th, he was born on the day of Tabernacles, (which means to dwell with us) which this year, fell on Oct 14th.

My husband of 45 yrs, was a creation scientist who also believed that the earth was NOT millions of years old, or that the world began with the “Big Bang Theory”, or that dinosaurs had NOT roamed the earth with man prior to the flood, etc., etc. There’ll probably be some criticism of what I’ve written, not that I care, I find that people who—don’t know the Creator—think they know better, always trying to disprove God, and better yet, use evolution or are of the belief that the carbon-14, (a radioactive carbon isotope/mass of 14, used for carbon dating) is accurate! Little do they know that Evolutionist Charles Darwin, thought he had the answers, refuting a creator, was plagued with so many diseases and they couldn’t even find what was wrong with him, but I bet God knew what he had, and now even CD is a God believer!

I have jotted a few quotes of God-fearing brilliant minds I thought you, as well as jacobusmaximus, would appreciate:

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
~ Albert Einstein

“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince." ~
Plato (427 BC-347 BC)

I am not speaking of ‘religion’, I am speaking of a Creator being. So, to the agnostics, atheists, and betíse of TFD please explain away the quote below:
"We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?”

hedy ...have a blessed weekend
whatson
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:55:45 PM

Neurons: 3,475
If the Levantine imaginary being exited, it certainly would have at
least one chuckle stumbling upon the oxymoron 'creation scientist'.

BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:22:05 AM

Neurons: 7,871
hedy mmm wrote:
I find that people who—don’t know the Creator—think they know better, always trying to disprove God,

I don't know any atheists who try to disprove the existence of God. Indeed, most of us accept that it is as impossible to disprove the existence of (a) god as it is to disprove the existence of the flying teapot.

As the article I have provided the link to notes,"the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others"

Nobody has yet provided proof of the existence of a deity.