The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Trouble with app on Iphone 5SE Options
smcbell
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 12:34:26 PM

Neurons: 43,664
I have been having trouble with the app on my Iphone 5SE. It loads but it will not play. The only way that I can reach the site is by going through Google Chrome.
TFD
Posted: Friday, January 4, 2019 9:46:37 AM

We're sorry you're having trouble. Can you provide more details about what you mean by "it loads but will not play"? In the meantime, please close the app and restart your device to see if that makes a difference.
Roesch
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:51:21 PM

Neurons: 76
Bonjour,

Même problème que smcbell sur un iPhone 5 SE (en IOS 12.4) avec TFD installé aujourd'hui.

Après avoir placé un mot dans le champ de saisie en haut de l'écran, puis avoir appuyé sur le drapeau français en face de la suggestion, il y a affichage des premières lignes du texte et après moins d'une seconde, l'écran est remplacé par un écran vide contenant uniquement le champ de de saisie en haut de l'écran. La suppression de TFD puis la réinstallation à partir du cloud n'a pas résolu le problème.

Merci de corriger ce bug qui rend TFD inutilisable.

Hello,

Same problem as smcbell on an iPhone 5 SE (in IOS 12.4) with TFD installed today.

After placing a word in the input field at the top of the screen, then pressing the French flag in front of the suggestion, the first lines of the text are displayed and after less than one second, the screen is replaced by an empty screen containing only the input field at the top of the screen. Removing TFD and reinstalling from the cloud did not solve the problem.

Thank you for correcting this bug that makes TFD unusable.
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:19:22 PM

Neurons: 65,448
Roesch wrote:
Bonjour,

Même problème que smcbell sur un iPhone 5 SE (en IOS 12.4) avec TFD installé aujourd'hui.

Après avoir placé un mot dans le champ de saisie en haut de l'écran, puis avoir appuyé sur le drapeau français en face de la suggestion, il y a affichage des premières lignes du texte et après moins d'une seconde, l'écran est remplacé par un écran vide contenant uniquement le champ de de saisie en haut de l'écran. La suppression de TFD puis la réinstallation à partir du cloud n'a pas résolu le problème.

Merci de corriger ce bug qui rend TFD inutilisable.

Hello,

Same problem as smcbell on an iPhone 5 SE (in IOS 12.4) with TFD installed today.

After placing a word in the input field at the top of the screen, then pressing the French flag in front of the suggestion, the first lines of the text are displayed and after less than one second, the screen is replaced by an empty screen containing only the input field at the top of the screen. Removing TFD and reinstalling from the cloud did not solve the problem.

Thank you for correcting this bug that makes TFD unusable.

Hmph, strange. I'm having the same problem and I'm running the 12.3.1 version OS. I didn't know 12.4 was available. I usually wait a while before installing a new OS, but I'm going to do it anyway. But the problem with TFD has never happened before. Anyway, I'll see if the new OS makes any difference on mine. Probably not.

Edit: Yep. It's the app.
Stefano Gomez
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 3:12:36 AM

Neurons: 638,889
I have the same problem on my iphone 8. I updated the app and all but it still loads the word I want to search but what appears as a result is a page where it says I'm not logged in then it appears a simple blank page.
Bamster
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 4:54:03 AM

Neurons: 20,503
I too, have since today, no entrance at all via the adfree App, after years of using it without a hitch. Over and over again I’ve tried to set things right again, alas to no avail. I went as far as to buy the adfree App again through the Appstore, but that didn’t do the trick either. Every time I enter a word, I first landed in the section with advertisments, then chose the possibility of logging in (which was via Google), there I could see my personalized data and my history of saved words. When I there used the possibility to go back to my adfree App, it was the same story again: I got very little information about the word I wantend to look up, but plenty of advertisements. Until now that is. When I now enter a certain word and press the Look Up button, the word immediately gets aborted every time !! I use IPhone 6 and IPad 5th generation and experience exactly the same trouble on both devices.
I miss the adfree App tremendously 😥😥😥!!
Can anyone please help me to fix this problem. Thx advance 🥰.
TFD
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:48:14 AM

A problem that affected a large amount of users was resolved earlier this morning. Please restart the app and let us know if you continue to have any problems. Thank you for your patience—we apologize for the inconvenience.
Roesch
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 5:19:12 PM

Neurons: 76
Problème (affichage des premières lignes du texte remplacées après moins d'une seconde par par un écran vide contenant uniquement le champ de de saisie en haut de l'écran) sur iPhone 5 SE en IOS 12.4 :
- Non résolu par le redémarrage de l'iPhone et le redémarrage de TFD.
- Complètement résolu après effacement de TDF puis réinstallation de TFD à partir du cloud.

Grand merci !

Problem (displaying the first lines of text replaced after one second by a blank screen containing only the input field at the top of the screen) on iPhone 5 SE in IOS 12.4:
- Not solved by restarting the iPhone and restarting TFD.
- Completely resolved after clearing TDF and reinstalling TFD from the cloud.

Big thanks !