The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Chitlin' Strut Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 90,015
Chitlin' Strut

The Chitlin' Strut is a feast of chitlins, or chitterlings (hog intestines), held in the small town of Salley, South Carolina. The affair features a "hawg-calling" contest, country music, arts and crafts, a parade, lots of chitlins (about 8,000 pounds are devoured each year), and chicken for those not enamored of chitlins. Chitlins are prepared by cleaning them well, boiling them until they are tender, and then, after coating them in egg and crumbs, frying them in deep fat until they're crackling crisp. More...
KSPavan
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:14:42 AM

Neurons: 3,906,516
Today's Holiday
Chitlin' Strut
The Chitlin' Strut is a feast of chitlins, or chitterlings (hog intestines), held in the small town of Salley, South Carolina. The affair features a "hawg-calling" contest, country music, arts and crafts, a parade, lots of chitlins (about 8,000 pounds are devoured each year), and chicken for those not enamored of chitlins. Chitlins are prepared by cleaning them well, boiling them until they are tender, and then, after coating them in egg and crumbs, frying them in deep fat until they're crackling crisp.
coag
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 4:48:35 PM

Neurons: 7,245
Once I ordered the thing, in a restaurant, and I didn't touch it. It stunk. I guess, it was not cleaned well.

This Salley Chitlin' Strut is funny. People eat everything, even a stone (which is salt).
monamagda
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 5:20:28 PM

Neurons: 6,038,309