The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Fat Tax Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 68,769
Fat Tax

A fat tax, also known as "Twinkie tax," "junk food tax," and "snack tax," is a tax on calorie-dense, nutrient-poor foods. The concept was pioneered in the early 1980s by Kelly D. Brownell, PhD, who proposed that revenue from such a tax be used to subsidize more healthful foods and fund nutrition campaigns. Proponents believe that the increased cost of junk food might also deter buyers and thereby curb consumption. Where have fat taxes been introduced? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:44:41 AM

Neurons: 2,178,274
Article of the Day
Fat Tax
A fat tax, also known as "Twinkie tax," "junk food tax," and "snack tax," is a tax on calorie-dense, nutrient-poor foods. The concept was pioneered in the early 1980s by Kelly D. Brownell, PhD, who proposed that revenue from such a tax be used to subsidize more healthful foods and fund nutrition campaigns. Proponents believe that the increased cost of junk food might also deter buyers and thereby curb consumption.
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:44:41 AM

Neurons: 2,178,274
Article of the Day
Fat Tax
A fat tax, also known as "Twinkie tax," "junk food tax," and "snack tax," is a tax on calorie-dense, nutrient-poor foods. The concept was pioneered in the early 1980s by Kelly D. Brownell, PhD, who proposed that revenue from such a tax be used to subsidize more healthful foods and fund nutrition campaigns. Proponents believe that the increased cost of junk food might also deter buyers and thereby curb consumption.
Cest moi Aussi
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:10:14 AM

Neurons: 234,834
In Ketosis, one burns fat for fuel and insulin is not required. Many people have beat type II DB by switching. I eat mostly fat and I have lost about 40 lbs since I switched over. I don't care if you believe me or not but I smile whenever I walk past a mirror now.
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:21:07 AM

Neurons: 135,898
Fat tax
- As scientist and lawmakers area aware a long time about the junk-food effects on average people, this would be a part of a big picture of a nationwide act against obesity.
- Junk-food is responsible for 30% of the social security usage and the major problem for social health programs into the 20's wealthier nations in the world. It directly means that the obesity is going to make more damage to the society than other diseases are able to do at the same pace.
- Only this pictures would be taken into account to consider a Fat related tax system that would reward industries focused on healthy foods and discourage business based on junk-foods.
- Moreover, it would be even better if governments really consider serious efforts to promote, with this fund, active habits of the population, for instance, subsidizing gyms and physical education for the poor.