The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Maria Augusta von Trapp (1905) Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 68,739
Maria Augusta von Trapp (1905)

Born in Austria and orphaned at a young age, Maria Kutschera planned to become a nun in Salzburg. Instead, she met Baron Georg von Trapp while tutoring one of his seven children. They were married in 1927 and had three children together. After financial trouble, the family began to sing professionally, then fled Nazi Europe for the US. Today, the family operates a lodge in Vermont. Maria's 1949 memoir was adapted into The Sound of Music. What became of the family's home in Austria? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:03:19 AM

Neurons: 2,175,387
Today's Birthday
Maria Augusta von Trapp (1905)
Born in Austria and orphaned at a young age, Maria Kutschera planned to become a nun in Salzburg. Instead, she met Baron Georg von Trapp while tutoring one of his seven children. They were married in 1927 and had three children together. After financial trouble, the family began to sing professionally, then fled Nazi Europe for the US. Today, the family operates a lodge in Vermont. Maria's 1949 memoir was adapted into The Sound of Music.
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 2:49:03 PM

Neurons: 135,009
During my youth, my parents were absolutely marveled by stories of the many people who defied the Nazis by using creativity.
The Von Trapp Family was one excellent example of one of those courageous family who faced such difficult and nasty times in a very fashion way.
Hollywood employed a great deal of effort to put this story (and others) forth.

Baroness Maria Augusta von Trapp
- She played the pivotal point in the twist of the entire family defining the destiny of them by creating a new momentum in the so-called Captain, who would be his husband in the end, and embracing a new life in the USA with them all.
- Her captive and emotional story has inspired many young to artistic life. I'm an eyewitness to this process in my own family. Because o their story, my sister became a career as musician and singer. In fact, my family is full of musicians and singer that, to a certain extent, were influenced by this singular saga.