The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Recording Industry Association of American Sues Napster (1999) Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 66,798
Recording Industry Association of American Sues Napster (1999)

Shortly after Napster was founded in 1999, the popular file-sharing service was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The trial gave Napster so much publicity that usage of the service increased, despite RIAA's claim that Napster users were breaking the law by downloading copyrighted music for free. Though it was forced by an injunction to shut down its network in July 2001, Napster did not fold. What happened to it? More...
raghd muhi al-deen
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:10:44 AM

Neurons: 84,204
online music store

with my pleasure
KSPavan
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:40:02 AM

Neurons: 2,023,411
This Day in History
Recording Industry Association of American Sues Napster (1999)
Shortly after Napster was founded in 1999, the popular file-sharing service was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The trial gave Napster so much publicity that usage of the service increased, despite RIAA's claim that Napster users were breaking the law by downloading copyrighted music for free. Though it was forced by an injunction to shut down its network in July 2001, Napster did not fold.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:44:36 AM

Neurons: 208,846
Napster is how I learned about many bands and artists around the world. I then purchased dozens of CDs of these artists. I would never have heard of Garmarna, Joi, Sheila Chandra or many others without Napster.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.