The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mount Holyoke Female Seminary Opens Its Doors (1837) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 66,051
Mount Holyoke Female Seminary Opens Its Doors (1837)

The first of the Seven Sisters—traditionally female colleges often considered the equivalent to the historically male-dominated Ivy League—Mount Holyoke is one of the oldest women's colleges in the US. It was founded by Mary Lyon, a pioneer in women's education, in the midst of a movement that created unprecedented new educational opportunities for women in the US. Many colleges were later modeled on Mount Holyoke. What unusual feature did each dorm room at the seminary originally have? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 12:12:24 AM

Neurons: 1,973,327
This Day in History
Mount Holyoke Female Seminary Opens Its Doors (1837)
The first of the Seven Sisters—traditionally female colleges often considered the equivalent to the historically male-dominated Ivy League—Mount Holyoke is one of the oldest women's colleges in the US. It was founded by Mary Lyon, a pioneer in women's education, in the midst of a movement that created unprecedented new educational opportunities for women in the US. Many colleges were later modeled on Mount Holyoke.
raghd muhi al-deen
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 5:44:41 AM

Neurons: 68,526
The entering students ... young women like Sarah Brigham and others ... opening day November 8, 1837

with my pleasure
olddogg eleventy2
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 9:16:28 PM

Neurons: 454,693
I'm sure, that in light of all of the recent events and a growing paranoia of male/female contact or interaction, that all males should be excluded from female educational facilities and that all men have no honor and all they see is a sexual opportunity. It's got to be the only solution to the travesty of these offenses. All men are pigs! I remember hearing this when I was a kid. That was in the 60's. So let us keep on finding ways to divide ourselves and finger point til the next big media event takes place....Oh Shit where are the Kardashians?....AAAHHHH!!!! We can always be bluffed by some media hype of some meaningless dimension! Were Americans, and were always right....aren't we? HAHAHAHA!!!!!!