The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mother-in-Law Day Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 66,021
Mother-in-Law Day

Modeled on the celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day, Mother-in-Law Day was first celebrated on March 5, 1934, in Amarillo, Texas, where it was initiated by the editor of the local newspaper. The observance was later moved to the fourth Sunday in October. Mothers-in-law often have not enjoyed the widespread respect and devotion that mothers have received over the years, but many people feel that mothers-in-law deserve a special day of their own. More...
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:02:49 AM

Neurons: 1,969,758
Today's Holiday
Mother-in-Law Day
Modeled on the celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day, Mother-in-Law Day was first celebrated on March 5, 1934, in Amarillo, Texas, where it was initiated by the editor of the local newspaper. The observance was later moved to the fourth Sunday in October. Mothers-in-law often have not enjoyed the widespread respect and devotion that mothers have received over the years, but many people feel that mothers-in-law deserve a special day of their own.
raghd muhi al-deen
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 9:23:03 AM

Neurons: 67,379

Mother-in-Law Day
Mother-in-Law Day
Fourth Sunday in October
Modeled on the celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day, Mother-in-Law's Day was first celebrated on March 5, 1934, in Amarillo, Texas, where it was initiated by the editor of the local newspaper. The observance was later moved to the fourth Sunday in October.
Mothers-in-law have never enjoyed the widespread respect and devotion that mothers have received over the years, and the rising divorce rate has given the whole concept of in-laws a less permanent place in the national imagination. This may be part of the reason why Mother-in-Law Day has failed to catch on like Mother's Day, Father's Day, and even Grandparents' Day. But many people feel that mothers-in-law deserve a special day of their own, if for no other reason than for their good humor in enduring the many jokes that have been told about them.
SOURCES:
AnnivHol-2000, p. 182
Holidays, Festivals, and Celebrations of the World Dictionary, Fourth Edition. © 2010 by Omnigraphics, Inc.

Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.

Link to this page:

with my pleasure
olddogg eleventy2
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:58:16 PM

Neurons: 454,693
What a coincidence, I just got back from a pleasure trip...I took my mother-in-law to the airport! You're welcome!...lol
Fady Hanna
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:46:14 PM

Neurons: 819
I feel that she always try to give us her experience, and aim to see me and my wife live a pleasure life.
she can balance between give us advice without intervene in our life, I think this is wisdom.
Additionally she have a simple life and character, in very rarely situations when I find her thinking in a convoluted way.
Finally in think this woman deserve a day.
thanks for free dictionary I will call her.
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 3:40:46 PM

Neurons: 3,714,406