Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 995
[0.11% of all post / 0.58 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: has/possesses
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:06:23 PM
Hi RuthP and sureshot, and thank you for your advice.
To sureshot: I agree with all of your suggestions; I would only like to please ask you: you suggest using excellent, but is the expression possesses fluent and proficient command appropriate as well?
Do you not need the after both, since she is referring to a specific language?
Topic: has/possesses
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 10:57:29 AM
Hi, I would please ask you if the expressions in bold are correct and if you would make any other changes in the following:
She has/possesses (a?) fluent and proficient command of the written and/(as well as) oral language used on a daily basis in the work environment, at conferences and in international publications.
Topic: in/with/for
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:00:52 AM
Hi Drag0nspeaker and FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions.
With along with a/the quantitative component, I meant the quantitative aspects of the job such as developing financial models, ... which are different from those indicated after includes/entails. What expression would you use if you want to express that while avoiding repeating aspect?
Shouldn't it be ... the changes in the legislation related to the insurance sector.?
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:15:12 PM
Hi Drag0nspeaker and FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions.
With along with a/the quantitative component, I meant the quantitative aspects of the job such as developing financial models, ... which are different from those indicated after includes/entails. What expression would you use if you want to avoid repeating aspect?
Shouldn't it be ... the changes in the legislation related to the insurance sector.?
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:28:13 PM
Hi FounDit, I would like to please ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following sentence:
She is interested in pursuing a career in X because doing so would allow her to work in a role which, along with a/the quantitative component, includes/entails other aspects such as interacting and negotiating with clients, making presentations to them, also keeping up-to-date with the changes in the (insurance sector legislation)/(legislation related to the insurance sector), etc.
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:38:57 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi FounDit, I would please ask you in which bullet point you would include the expression in bold, and if it is correct:
In the first, I think "persevering" works well.

In the second, I would choose "demonstrate" or "demonstrating" depending on which form you want to emphasize, and I like "unfamiliar" the best, but both could work.

• hard-working, detail oriented, persevering and able to prioritize my workload
demonstrate/show perseverance and demonstrate initiative and adaptability even in unfamiliar (or new?) situations

Thank you, FounDit, for your suggestions. And, in your opinion, would it be better to include persevering as in:
• hard-working, detail oriented, persevering and able to prioritize my workload
or, perseverance as in:
demonstrate perseverance, initiative and adaptability even in unfamiliar situations

I would also please ask you which of the following options is more appropriate, or would you suggest a different phrasing (do you think that it is superfluous to include both communication and negotiating skills since there is an overlap between their meanings?):
• developed communication, leadership, and negotiating skills
• developed leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 8:43:50 AM
Hi FounDit, I would please ask you in which bullet point you would include the expression in bold, and if it is correct:
• hard-working, detail oriented, showing perseverance and able to prioritize my workload
demonstrate/show perseverance and demonstrate initiative and adaptability even in unfamiliar (or new?) situations

Topic: which/who provided vs responsible for providing
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:03:14 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would please ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
My choices would be:

I believe that CX Inc. is the ideal place for me to pursue my professional career because of the company’s global reach, and its recognised role as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB), as confirmed by the new Z standard. I also value CX Inc.'s emphasis on innovation, as exemplified by the company’s involvement in projects aimed at exploring the full potential of Big Data techniques and their applicability to the diverse sectors in which the company operates. I first came to know and appreciate CX Inc. while working at TL Inc., where I interacted with the company's professionals, who provided certification services in the field of the physical performance of ... materials.

Thank you, FounDit, for your advice. Therefore, in your opinion, is it sufficient to say: ... its recognized role as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB), as confirmed by the new Z standard., and, do you not need: ... its recognized role as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB), as confirmed by its approval as VVB (or, its VVB approval) in accordance to the new Z standard.? Why?
What do you think about removing the comma before who provided? Is there any difference in the meaning of the sentence?
Posted: Saturday, August 4, 2018 9:52:02 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would please ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
My choices would be:

I believe that CX Inc. is the ideal place for me to pursue my professional career because of the company’s global reach, and its recognised role as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB), as confirmed by the new Z standard. I also value CX Inc.'s emphasis on innovation, as exemplified by the company’s involvement in projects aimed at exploring the full potential of Big Data techniques and their applicability to the diverse sectors in which the company operates. I first came to know and appreciate CX Inc. while working at TL Inc., where I interacted with the company's professionals, who provided certification services in the field of the physical performance of ... materials.

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your advice. Only two questions: why do you prefer which/who provided to responsible for providing, and why is it more appropriate to use who (referring to the company's professionals) rather which (referring to the company)?
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2018 10:31:05 AM
I believe that CX Inc. is the ideal place for me to pursue my professional career because of its/(the company’s) global reach, and its/(the company’s) recognised role as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB), as confirmed by (its being approved)/(the approval of it) as VVB according to the new Z standard. I also value CX Inc.'s emphasis on innovation, as exemplified by its/(the company’s) involvement in projects aimed at exploring the full potential of Big Data techniques and their applicability/application to the diverse sectors in which it/(the company) operates. I first came to know and appreciate CX Inc. (when working)/(in my work experience) at TL Inc., where/when I (used to?) (deal(t) with)/interact(ed)/(liaise(d) with) the company's professionals/employees, (which/who provided)/(responsible for providing) certification services in the field of the physical performance of ... materials.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.