User Name: dennis j
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 36
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Cogwagee, AKA Thomas Charles Longboat (1887)
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:54:16 AM
so, how were his talents used in WW1?
Topic: Word Hub in limbo?
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:46:37 AM
yes, this happens too many times--the "free" dictionary uses this obnoxious advertising ploy to make ends meet. Maybe, if you are irritated enough you'll opt for the ad-free subscription and pay up front!
Topic: Scientists Finally Have an Answer for Use of 'Unusual, Mysterious' Narwhal Tusk
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:57:47 AM
This is how a swordfish and a sawfish catch and eat prey. It's convergent evolution demonstrated by three different species. i.e. how they survive in their respective environments.
Topic: A Rare Disease Gave Him Tree Branch-Like Hands. After 16 Surgeries, He Can Finally See His Fingers.
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 3:31:01 PM
why not start articles of more horrendous health issues, harelips, burn victims, conjoined twins, I opt-out and need not view gross medical conditions it's too much for my children's fragile eggshell minds. who approved this? is it bad joke day at Farlex?
Topic: Origin of this British idiom
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 12:14:14 PM
Went to a Brit restaurant and they had an ad for their business "F' the sen" what does this mean?
Topic: The Federal Reserve
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2016 8:36:56 PM
to see how the Federal Reserve began see the Google article "Jekyll Island and the Federal Reserve" eye opening to say the least
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:19:36 AM
I cleared my cache I shut off ad blocker I still can't log on the page won't load
Topic: that's mighty white of you
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:33:48 PM
While watching an old film circa 1936 a phrase was used "that's mighty white of you" what does this mean?
Topic: What's happened to our children?
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 6:27:25 PM
maybe the steroid chicken, growth hormones in the dairy products, growth steroids/hormones in our beef, producing adult sized children....too much fast food. what ever happened to home economics?? EAT AT HOME OR DIE !!
Topic: Ice
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 3:11:44 PM
it would sink and never warm enough to melt "ice 9" -Vonnegut

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.