Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 47
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Word Choice
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 3:40:47 PM
I like what towan52 suggests (:
Topic: Have these sentences a harsh meaning?
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 3:22:59 PM
Thanks! You all have been of great help, as always! Thank you for the suggestions too!
Topic: EL CINE EN CASTELLANO.
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 2:53:20 AM
Katxo wrote:
yako666 wrote:
La mejor que he visto últimamente es 8 apellidos vascos, realmente buena!!!

No es una gran película y ademas si no eres español no vas a entender ni la mitad de los chistes.

Yo siendo español casi no los entiendo (o los entiendo pero no me hacen gracia). Supongo que el furor producto de esa película reside más en los que son andaluces o vascos, aunque ha sido un bombazo en toda España. Particularmente, no es de mi gusto. A mí el tema del cliché pelea-sexo me repele como la menta a los mosquitos.
Topic: From what I can remember
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 2:45:03 AM
marcelof wrote:
en mi opinión tanto "por lo que puedo recordar" como "de lo que puedo recordar" serían válidas ambas, literalmente "from" es "de" pero según el contexto creo que puede valer como "por"

Seguramente tengas razón y eso sea más palpable en algunos de los muchos dialectos del idioma español. Pido disculpas por no haber pensado en ello antes, monamagda. Gracias a todos por vuestra ayuda.
Topic: Have these sentences a harsh meaning?
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:29:03 AM
Hello. I would want to know if I could say these two sentences in a speaking exam to disagree with my partner.

I can't see how that's relevant to the question.
I can't see what you're getting at really.

I have read them in a study book, but they seem a little harsh to me, at least in contrast with this one: You said ... but I'm afraid I can't agree with you.

Maybe I'm influenced by the literal meaning of those in Spanish, so that is why I have come here for help. Maybe those are kind but if instead of "I can't see" we say "I don't think" then they become harsher?
Topic: What does it mean to be a good person?
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:58:45 AM
Hehe, nice meme :)
I reckon Lewis asks (borrowing part of the sentence of the above individual, as the others above him do), what is that that makes possible its existence (What does it)
It's another clever questioning construction, like the ones above. In contrast, below we have that Jon with that stupid "What?" xD
Topic: "Comfort by the pint"
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 5:39:12 AM
Thank you all for the help ;)
Topic: what vs. that
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2014 7:45:16 AM
"This is what I need" is used like this:
- I'm looking for something real thin to get to reset the clock. Its hardware button is deeply put.
+ How about this toothpick?
- Oh! That is what I need, thanks!

"This is all that I need." is used like this:
- Ok, I have food, drink, books...
+ Would you want me to buy you anything more before we leave?
- No, thank you, Mom. This is all that I need.
Topic: "Comfort by the pint"
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2014 7:32:25 AM
Could "comfort by the pint" refer to a expression of avoidance of one's problems by drinking? I read it somewhere and it just has come into my mind, so I'm afraid I cannot give you a proper context.
Topic: can't get my head around OI and OD...
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2014 7:02:02 AM
puercopigsk8 wrote:
I would translate it this way "I bet you didn't imagine it(am I right)? although it is not a literal translation, "A que" is used in Spanish to express a challenge but at the same time in an interrogative way, like if he was waiting for an answer- that's why I parenthesized "am I right"
question -A que no te lo imaginabas? I bet you didn't imagine it
waited answer- no, I didn't see that come.

Buena explicación, así es.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.