Profile: Yasmin
About
User Name: Yasmin
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: In time we hate that which we often fear.
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:53:08 PM
Daemon wrote:
In time we hate that which we often fear.

William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

Yes, we hate what we fear. But there are also those people whom we fear. As children, we feared our parents, but time came when we hated them also. Why? Because they control us. We fear our boss, and many of us hate our boss. Some hate their spouses. Isn't that right?
Topic: Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:28:58 PM
Thanks Verbatim.

Faith, Hope and Love are beautiful things, most beautiful in the whole world because they can create miracle in us. Faith is a strong or unshakeable belief in something, especially without proof or evidence, or simply, believing in what we cannot see. Hope is a feeling of desire for something and confidence in the possibility of its fulfillment.

But if you are starved, aren't you being such a fool if you say "I will have something to eat this day." if you won't go out and search? Same as love. How can you say that you love someone if you don't do something good for him? Love without action is no love at all. Same as hope, and faith.
Topic: Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 5:09:37 AM
I'm not an ape.

Maybe he means that hope is good but not good at all without action. It's like you started your day with hope and done nothing at the end of the day.

Topic: Mary "the Rich" of Burgundy (1457)
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:32:36 PM
Yeah, it's like a movie that sucks. Bad ending.
Topic: Live all you can - it's a mistake not to. It doesn't so much matter what you do in particular, so long as you have your life....
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:23:24 PM
Daemon wrote:
Live all you can - it's a mistake not to. It doesn't so much matter what you do in particular, so long as you have your life. If you haven't had that, what have you had?

Henry James (1843-1916)

I just want to quote a verse in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 10:23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.

Yes we can live our lives all we can but what will be it's impact on us and the people around us. We should live our lives for the good. There is a continuous battle of good and evil, so as we live our lives, we should choose on which side are we.
Topic: One must be poor to know the luxury of giving.
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:42:48 PM
If you are rich and you give, it may somehow mean nothing because you have lots. But if you are poor and you give, it will mean so much more because what little you have you are willing to share. That's true giving.
Topic: after SOME
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:48:45 PM
The meaning of some depends on how it is used in a sentence. Just copied these from the dictionary. Take time to research and read first.

adj.
1. Being an unspecified number or quantity: Some people came into the room. Would you like some sugar?

2. Being a portion or an unspecified number or quantity of a whole or group:He likes some modern sculpture but not all.

3. Being a considerable number or quantity: She has been directing films for some years now.

4. Unknown or unspecified by name: Some man called.

5. Logic Being part and perhaps all of a class.

6. Informal Remarkable: She is some skier.

pron.
1. An indefinite or unspecified number or portion: We took some of the books to the auction. See Usage Note at every.

2. An indefinite additional quantity: did the assigned work and then some.

adv.
1. Approximately; about: Some 40 people attended the rally.

2. Informal Somewhat: some tired.

Topic: TOO WEAK TOO WALK
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:38:27 PM
It means that he can hardly walk. He can walk but may stumble, because he's too weak. He can walk but not as normal as he will if he's got enough strength.
Topic: Either
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:24:41 PM
Either is used only to refer to one of the two items. You can use any instead of either. Or simply leave the sentence as simple as this:

"I can eat ice cream, cake, banana or some mushrooms."

Topic: move in the equipment
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:03:43 PM
excaelis wrote:
Yackal, with all due respect there is really nothing strange or unusual about that usage. Not really a phrasal verb, either. Just put 'in' after 'equipment'.

I agree.