Number of Posts: 819
[0.10% of all post / 0.58 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Is This a Correct Use of Whose?
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2016 1:13:22 PM
Hi All,

Is this a correct use of "whose?"

"Control samples are samples whose value is known."

Would it be better to rewrite this in the singular?

"A control sample is a sample in which the value is known?"

TIA...

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Topic: To Comma Or Not to Comma, That Is the Question
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2016 12:32:05 PM
Hi All,

Which of the following is correct? If none of the above, what would you propose as correct?

"I cannot say the same for all laboratories, although overall the accuracy is not bad in my limited experience with some of the other labs that offer hair testing."

"I cannot say the same for all laboratories, although, overall the accuracy is not bad in my limited experience with some of the other labs that offer hair testing."

"I cannot say the same for all laboratories although, overall, the accuracy is not bad in my limited experience with some of the other labs that offer hair testing."

"I cannot say the same for all laboratories, although, overall, the accuracy is not bad in my limited experience with some of the other labs that offer hair testing."

TIA...

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Topic: Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education.
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 5:31:26 PM
Daemon wrote:
Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Hence, the Debt-Money Monopolists (the private cabal of people who own controlling interests in the private institutions that lend money to government, business, and individuals) used Rockefeller and Carnegie to implement the Prussian method of schooling into America and guided it according to their will.

This was the ADMITTED end of education in America for most people. Education is learning how to think free of society constraints and prejudices, not simply regurgitating propaganda. An educated person knows that knowing something can only occur when a person understands the relevant data and logic of a subject.

Most people today know little, if any, data and logic of a subject, but are convinced they know all about the thing of which they know essentially nothing.

What they think they know is a propaganda financed by the Debt-Money Monopolists.

“We [his financiers and promoters - the Debt-Money Monopolists] want one class of persons to have a liberal education, and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class of necessity in every society, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.”
― Woodrow Wilson

“Universal literacy was supposed to educate the common man to control his environment. Once he could read and write he would have a mind fit to rule. So ran the democratic doctrine. But instead of a mind, universal literacy has given him rubber stamps, rubber stamps inked with advertising slogans, with editorials, with published scientific data, with the trivialities of the tabloids and the platitudes of history, but quite innocent of original thought. Each man's rubber stamps are the duplicates of millions of others, so that when those millions are exposed to the same stimuli, all receive identical imprints. It may seem an exaggeration to say that the American public gets most of its ideas in this wholesale fashion. The mechanism by which ideas are disseminated on a large scale is propaganda, in the broad sense of an organized effort to spread a particular belief or doctrine.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

Topic: Can Islamic Sate be defeated?
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:20:27 PM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hi BrandiLynne!

Who owns:
Lockheed Martin in the USA?
BAE in the UK?
UAC and USC in Russia?
Between them, they make nearly seventy billion dollars a year selling the USA weapons to fight the War Against Terror.

Who owns:
Fox, CNN and CBS (and the newspapers) in the USA?
The BBC and all the "competing" newspapers in the UK?
They all consistently lie to promote the terrorists and the 'fact' that the environment is dangerous.

Who owns:
Novartis, Gilead, Roche, GSK, AstraZeneca in the USA?
Pfizer, GSK and AstraZeneca in the UK?
Boehringer and Bayer in Germany?
Between them, they made about two hundred billion dollars from the USA last year.
They spent about one billion on researching new cures and three billion on marketing/promotion in the USA alone.

Oh! Amazing - the same four or five 'investment groups' and 'finance houses' show up at the top of all three lists.
Oh! Surprise - the same names are heavily involved with the International Monetary Fund and the Federal Reserve Bank.

The people who actually own those 'investment groups' are nameless - but they are your LEADERS - the ones who actually control who is on the list of candidates for President or Prime Minister or National Chairman.

They are the ones who need to be removed.

WHO owns the definition and production of debt-money and directs it to those investment groups?

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks."
~Lord Acton

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
― Napoléon Bonaparte

Topic: Can Islamic Sate be defeated?
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:17:36 PM
sureshot wrote:

Yes, they will eventually be defeated. However, before that one would need to effectively deal with the fifth columnists and other clandestine organizations providing arms and other services to the militants.

WHO provides the ultimate financing for these terrorist armies?

WHO provides the financing for your government, for your politicians, and for the major media?

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks."
~Lord Acton

Topic: An excellent film on coup in Ukraine
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:14:44 PM
Ivan Fadeev wrote:
Ukraine Les Masques De La Revolution Enjoy if you know French!

I'd watch it if subtitled in English.

Topic: Ayatollah Khamenei’s Message to Youth in Europe
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 8:49:54 PM
Hi All,

Hillary and Trump are both financed, promoted, and controlled by the very same private international banking cartel that finances and controls the American government and its bureaucracy.

Both are Rhetoricians For Hire (RFH) that will simply lie to the American people in order to push though the banking cartel agenda.

Why did Obama lie so much? Because he's really BankstObama... a handmaiden of the international banking oligarchs. He never intended to help the regular citizen at the expense of the people who will hand him over $100 million once his sociopathic self leaves office...

Every establishment promoted candidate is a traitor to ordinary people.

Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 8:44:59 PM
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
that America is 'the Great Satan', among other bogey man descriptions? OK, U.S. foreign policy may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Americans, generally, are a compassionate people, generous and kind.

I think most of the world has never met in person an American, but everyone has being affected by the foreign policy of the US. Hence the 'Great Satan' is for this Imperialistic endeavor.

jacobusmaximus wrote:
A people who have elected - twice - a man like Barak Obama are wise and trustworthy.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

jacobusmaximus wrote:
They can be trusted to help their neighbours.

Although some of us prefer no so-called 'help' at all

jacobusmaximus wrote:
And they can be trusted not to elect as President Mr Donald J. Trump.

Well Mr Trump is still the first choice of Republicans. I hope he wins, he's the only that has proposed to stop this 'help' to other nations

Ni, America has been hijacked by an international banking cartel that controls the debt-money monetary systems of all Western countries.

They have done this through the application of a Sun Tzu Art of War tactic, mainly deception.

The American people are just people - as long as they aren't being screwed over in a way that enters their consciousness, they don't really care.

Since the borrower (government) is servant to the lender (private banking cartel) the private banking cartel uses its vassal government (it finances/controls the major media, politicians, and bureaucrats - they call it full spectrum dominance) to fulfill its agenda while providing non-stop cover stories that are completely fake. But my gullible fellow Americans tend to swallow whole because admitting the bad guys control the money system and your government, from the top down, is simply too scary for most people to admit.

At the end of the day, it is selfishness at the top and the bottom that is doing us all in. Eventually, the international banking cartel will pull the plug on the American Debt Machine and this will impoverish more than half the country... America will be a 3rd world country soon enough. Selfishness never pays in the end.

Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 8:38:07 PM
Hope123 wrote:
No, no, Jacobus. You can't get away with that, with splitting Christians into groups. That is what I meant by needing to even be in the "right" denomination to be included in the 'kingdom of heaven'.

I am asking you personally - if someone follows your brand that you have described here many times as being Christ centered (not sure if you think it is a new idea or is just going back to basics) are you definitely going to heaven?

Actually, I think you already answered by pointing out that only those who believe in Christ as you do are the favored ones. You made my point.

So I still can't say I have heard a Christian say this his particular brand of Christianity will not guarantee him/her a place in heaven.

BTW - I have never heard of Chrisitians who don't believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. (Must be some Scottish group. Whistle You know me and my sense of humor by now and that my husband is of Scottish descent so don't be offended.) Believing that Christ is the Son of God is the core of Christianity, so anyone who does not believe that is not really a Christian. What would be the point. It makes no sense. But if I were to find one such person and ask one of them if they are going to heaven, I wonder what their answer would be.

You can't answer for them using your POV - point of view.

Edited at the end to include an idea.

Hi Hope, I'll share my 2 cents here.

1. "Heaven" is not the Biblical reward of those who are saved. The meek shall inherit the Earth (a new Earth according to Revelations). Jesus has a 2nd Coming to rule the Earth and the saved will be there with Him. Read Revelations - where does Jesus end up? Now, that's what is revealed. Who knows what isn't revealed - I don't. So I don't go there. Those that do bear false witness.

2. salvation isn't a place, it is a state of being. God is the perfect manifestation of Good. Caring for others equal to ourselves is good. In us, he seeks to replicate that Goodness. But he allowed us to choose His Way or to choose our own - and we chose the latter. Here we are.

3. No spiritually ignorant people will be saved.

4. No spiritually ignorant people will suffer the 2nd death (the one from which their is no resurrection!). In short, God is Good, Fair, and Just. All people will be given His Spirit and be taught His Ways. In fact, the only people who will face the 2nd death will be those who knowingly reject God's Spirit with the proper knowledge that they are rejecting good for selfishness. Ancient Israel was never offered God's Spirit. Think about that. They died never having God's Spirit, well, except for a few people like Moses and David. Are they lost? Nope. Read Ezekiel 37. The "whole house of Israel" will be resurrected human again and they will be given God's Spirit and THEN, after they had already lived and died once, THEN they will really know God and be given their first real opportunity to pursue the state of being that is ultimately salvation.

5. The "eternal soul" doctrine is false and, frankly, is the first lie documented in the Bible itself. As David was inspired to document - the living KNOW that they shall die, but the dead KNOW NOTHING (just like you knew nothing 500 years ago). It makes perfect sense - dead people are resurrected back to life... living people don't get resurrection. That makes no sense.

So, where does that leave us today? Everyone will, in God's own time frame, will be given access to God's Spirit such that they can be saved. However, that might not be in this life. In the end, only people dedicated to selfishness won't be saved. A kind, caring Muslim, from my perspective, has very little to worry about because, when God of all that is Good comes a knocking in all God's Glory, such a Muslim will ask for and follow the directions of the one True God - even if that means accepting Jesus' Perfect Sacrifice as communicated by God's Spirit.

There is only one sin that won't be forgiven - dust off your Bible and find the Scripture. That one sin is to reject God's Spirit. How can one reject that which they don't even know exists?

God is not some irrational freak... humans are irrational freaks.

Everyone, in God's own time frame, will have the truth revealed to them such that they can dedicate their life to manifesting perfect goodness. I believe that path is articulated in the Bible. I'd even say I believe I know it.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say I have it wrong. Let's say the Islamic Allah is the one true God and One True Path to Perfect Goodness. When I die and am resurrected to be instructed in Perfect Goodness by Allah, brothers and sisters, I'm going to listen and amend my ways and belief systems - or try my best to do so (man, it hurts being human even with just an inkling of what perfect Goodness is and how pathetic we humans, myself included, are).

Good wins in the end and lasts for eternity. Petty human insecurity and selfishness disappears like fog in the sunlight. THAT'S WHAT ULTIMATELY MATTERS. God in His Infinite Love, will end the misery of those who knowingly reject all that is Good and are committed to the "Way of Self Above Others." It couldn't get more logical and rational than that.

The current state of confusion and suffering is only temporary, but seems like a looong time to us!

No person dedicated to Goodness and caring for others equal to themselves will be allowed to perish. They will see the Perfection of Goodness manifested in the True God and they will follow that Perfection - as I said, in God's own time frame.

Not a one.

Topic: How was she gets my phone number?
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2015 9:00:47 PM
tommaso wrote:
A British insurance company was calling me yesterday.
She asked me do I have any experience in marketing.
She sounds like I have apply any position in her company.

"How was she gets my phone number? I didn't apply any job there." I asked my friend.

IS It grammatically correct?

"How did she get my phone number? I didn't apply for any job there."

================================

DID vs WAS

Follow up information to learn the "why"

Here is an example I like to use with my students.

Sarah says, "I was doing my homework and my friend called."
Rachel says, "I did my homework and my friend called."

This means that Rachel finished her homework, but Sarah did not finish her homework. The "was doing" means that something was still going on, that it was interrupted or that it never finished.

For my info, you could see englishpage.com's article on this topic.

http://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/29225/whats-the-difference-between-did-and-was-doing

FOR

You are missing the preposition for the prepositional phrase.

"I didn't apply *for* any job there."

"for any job there" is a prepositional phrase that acts as an adverb describing exactly what is being discussed with the action (verb) - "did not apply."

The proposition to start of the prepositional phrase is "for."

KISSGrammar.org is a terrible website with golden information contained therein.

http://www.kissgrammar.org/ED498/SP/

I'm learning Spanish and it is not coming easy to me, so I know learning the intricacies of language as an adult can be quite the challenge.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.