All 'Flying Foxes' are bats.
Not all bats are 'Flying Foxes'.
Topic: Pout
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:01:37 AM
selfie on a gouramiphone
Topic: Children are all foreigners.
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 2:21:27 AM
Zippy"

Oddly enough, I've been saying the very same thing for years. Come August 24th, I am very much looking forward to celebrating the 200th anniversary of the burning of the 'White House'.

Topic: No man, who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives, is...
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 12:58:27 AM
Yet history is replete with those who are persecuted during their lifetimes, and recognised for their contributions (as cultural icons, heros, role models, &c.) only long after their deaths.
Topic: Two simple questions.
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:32:38 AM
Drag0nspeaker

I will allow that dialectic differences make for a broad range of acceptable usage, however I object in principal to such absolute and sweeping statements.

The primary definition for "backside" in the Collins English Dictionary is: "the back of something", and in the Random House Dictionary: "the rear or back part or view of an object, person, scene, etc". Both are quoted by this site, and both sources only list the anatomical reference as a secondary definition.
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:44:20 AM
'you must never say "the backside of his head"'
'native-English "backside" ONLY refers to one's bottom'

What utter nonsense.
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 5:25:17 PM
Nothing wrong with "facing the other way":

"Facing away" would also work, as would "(he was) turned the other way", or "(he was) turned away".
Topic: Linux Ressurects Dead Vista
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 12:45:46 PM
I have found that windows often corrupts partitions on hard drives of all sorts, especiallu USB sticks. For some reason, Windows often writes outside the physical boundaries set by a partition. Although Windows seems not to notice for a time, enough of this type of error will eventually make the drive unreadable.

Linux will tolerate none of this and corrects these problems when given the opportunity. I have even had to repair newly made Windows partitions with my Linux machine.
Topic: Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:50:58 AM
moniquester:

She has clearly said the substance of their souls are made of the same stuff, not that they have the same soul. Her statement might also be interpreted to be a claim of female equality.

As far as "leaving it to the experts", I want no part of that. The "experts" have given us the Spanish inquisition, witch burnings, the crusades, and all manner of other truely evil acts trumped up as excuses to achieve personal and political goals.
Topic: Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:41:44 AM
His advice may be self serving, meant primarily to alleviate his own difficulties.