User Name: hassanishome2
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 65
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: A very few—as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men—serve the state with their consciences also,...
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:05:27 AM
I fail to understand this quotation: those very few the writer speaks of are those who listen to the voice of their conscience thus incurring the charge of state enemies, or does it mean something else?
Topic: How is it that the poets have said so many fine things about our first love, so few about our later love? Are their first...
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 1:20:58 PM
Despite the great respect that I have for you Marian, is it not reasonable to ask that what constitutes actually the best love? Isn't our first love like our first words that represent more closely who we are as compared to our fine speeches that are the outcome of much deliberation and little sincerity.
Topic: Active streak
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 2:44:01 PM
Active streak should be made away with. It's such annoyance. It is, really. Once you break your longest active streak there is so little excitement in resuming it or even using the dictionary anymore.
Topic: The next word.
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:06:06 PM
Either the strongest or the lamest of the words slip through mind box, probably :P
Topic: Simple translation of two quotes
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 5:55:43 AM
An excellent interpretation of the second quote by Romany.
Topic: Simple translation of two quotes
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 5:52:37 AM
As to the first one; Hmm, Ummph, Ummph again, well, having gone through some necessary meditation, i feel like it says lovers r arrant rogues once deprived of their fickle garb of affections. I hope it makes sense to YOU! :D
PS: Not a native speaker either.
Topic: WwW
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 1:05:57 PM
TFD is on snooze mode at times :P I had thought WordswithinWords was losing its players, maybe it's not
Topic: Really Hard Times
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 12:58:28 PM
Ahan... Maybe i am already finding excuses on his behalf :P You might be right about it.
Topic: Really Hard Times
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 2:30:23 PM
Dear Dreamer, perhaps u should seriously think of changing ur profile name. From, Gradgrind. :P
Yeah, i am persisting with this novel, thanks for the comments, Articulate Dreamer.

Romany, i am a little baffled, about ur losing respect for Dickens.... maybe i should try some of his biographies.
Topic: Do you believe in ghosts ?
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 2:15:57 PM
Just wondering if THEY believe in us.....

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.