Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Spelling Bee Single Player
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:51:15 PM
Thanks- and the next difficulty- how to change the difficulty level??
Topic: Spelling Bee Single Player
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:31:29 AM
Spelling Bee Single Player

I see under "Neurons summary- last 5 days" that some members play a game called "Spelling Bee Single Player" and produce a LOT of a neurons. I have searched high and low but am unable to find let alone activate it. HELP PLEASE!!
Topic: New Words Within Words 100% Club badge
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 5:49:58 AM
Dear Cobalt-thanks for answering-you got some good arguments that I fully acknowledge.
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:56:30 AM
Correction: should have been 10 games and articles in steadof 5.
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:50:30 AM
Dear Cobalt-thanks so much for your response-you are of course absolutely right and I would never dream about blaming you or other ‘sharers’ personally-you are just adapting to the system and I would probably do the same if I had a lot of friends that would tolerate this activity-I blame the Admin and the system they have put up-for me and a lot of others (I feel pretty sure) it has taken all fun out of the game. Point collection and competition are primitive traits in our/mine nature that nonetheless must be acknowledged and English being a foreign language to me I feel that the game has spurred me to acquire knowledge I wouldn’t otherwise have gotten.

Your profile shows that you share 5 games with about 500 friends yielding about 500-600 points per day per game -a total of about 14-15000 points a day (!!). Playing without sharing may yield about 2-3000 points(only a rough estimate) before your score for each achievement is reduced to 1 point. Spending all your waking hours and being very fast on the keys MAYBE (and only maybe) one could keep up with your speed- so the competition is unfair by any standards.

Anyway I (and probably many others) are curious to know how the system really works.
Are your friends real people (no offence) and how do they react to this barrage. Is it needed for them to actively react to the shared item to get you your points or is it enough that it is posted.

I don’t hope you take any offense from all this. It is nothing personal-I am just curious.
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2014 7:29:06 PM
Thanks to NeuroticHell for her response-I think she is right about Admin loving the sharing biz thus attracting new people to TFD. An indication of that might be that for about a week now I have only had one choice regarding goals i.e. sharing 'Today's Birthday' and before that it was sharing something else-so unless something happens very soon the top of the worlds rank will consist of nothing but sharers. Look at no 3 and 4 now rapidly becoming no 1 and 2 replacing good old fashioned players who haven't shifted to sharing (not yet at any rate) and also notice that the newcomers have very few green spoons which (as Neurotic mentions) are the only rewards of any real value. So please please could we return to the good old days of hard work and learning !!
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 7:30:57 AM
Thank you I wouldn't have noticed myself-as this thread seems to be read I will cite an earlier post though it is not directly concerned with www-hope I will be forgiven- and get some response from admin.

Posted 16. Nov
Now a new phenomenon seems to have appeared. Someone has arisen from deep darkness to number six (maybe now no 5 and has taken my place(sic!)- it will happen within 24 hours at any rate)and no matter how much time I spend I would not be able to avoid it. It seems from his page that he shares his activity. For the fun of it I tried to share collectively on Twitter and nothing happened to my score. Now I would never dream to bother my friends with this activity loading them with thousands of spelling bees, words in words articles etc etc except maybe in a few special interesting cases. So are real persons actually flooded with these things or are we witness to another automated scam??
Topic: TFD Points Ascription
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:13:32 PM
Dear Lrai-thanks so much for your very kind response- I just wonder if there is a way you could attract the attention of the administration- after all there was a response on the 20th oct- maybe it is better to start a new thread/entry?? Our friend is now no 4 and has shared his stuff 3189 times(!!) during the last 5 days-wouldn't it be easier for the poor friends to consult TFD themselves if they are interested- but the whole point with sharing is exactly that I suppose so probably the admin is well pleased with this activity.
Topic: TFD Points Ascription
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:43:41 PM
Now a new phenomenon seems to have appeared. Someone has arisen from deep darkness to number six (maybe now no 5 and has taken my place(sic!)- it will happen within 24 hours at any rate)and no matter how much time I spend I would not be able to avoid it. It seems from his page that he shares his activity. For the fun of it I tried to share collectively on Twitter and nothing happened to my score. Now I would never dream to bother my friends with this activity loading them with thousands of spelling bees, words in words articles etc etc except maybe in a few special interesting cases. So are real persons actually flooded with these things or are we witness to another automated scam??

Of course you get somewhat addicted to this sort of activity but it is a comfort that at least you gather some useful information so it is not a total waste of time !?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.