Number of Posts: 2,143
[0.23% of all post / 1.07 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Tenses with yesterday
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 7:47:04 AM
Ivan Fadeev wrote:
Are these good?

What did you do yesterday? (good)
What had you done yesterday before I saw you? (good)
What were you doing today? (not sure)What were you doing today? (not sure)

For your information, yesterday and today are different things.
Topic: Will be snowing
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 7:35:51 AM
Ivan Fadeev wrote:
I have no problem consulting advice of non-natives, yours is included.

I am glad that you have no problem consulting them. Good for you.

Ivan Fadeev wrote:
I think you want to draw attention to yourself which is totally understandable since you are a female.

I love your logic. According to it, any woman who takes part in the forum wants to draw attention to herself.

Ivan Fadeev wrote:
… however, it would be better to let off some steam in another section of this forum so that the content of your speech should be relevant to the discussion.

If you have such a need, go to whatever section you like and let your steam off. I’d rather have fun in this thread, talking to another female, Dynamina.

Ivan Fadeev wrote:
I don't think that your presence or absence in this forum is a big deal at all.

Have I said it is a big deal?

Topic: They're usually referring to
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 6:04:16 AM
Great explanation, thar. At least I got everything. Applause
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 5:39:59 AM
No answer. Well, I guess your advice is for me and it’s about possible banning. But I must say that banning can be only effective if the forum member is absolutely ignorant in IT. It only took me a minute to create another account and click a VPN option to make my IP address invisible. So I was here on forum all the time, just using another account. To be honest, I thought it was so obvious that it was me, judging from my interests, my style and my being provocative or bold at times. The only inconvenience was that I didn’t have my favorite cat in my avatar. But there are lots of other cute images to use as an avatar, aren’t there?

So, if the admins want to ban me, let them go ahead. I am going to be here and say whatever I want to.

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 4:26:13 AM
Who is your advice for, Dynamina?
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 2:41:15 AM
Ivan Fadeev wrote:
That's what I mean. I need natives to confirm. But thank you.

I love your “but”. Anyway, you may just ignore non-natives’ answers if they get on your nerves. But, as there is no hard and fast rule on here for non-natives not to respond, I am going to keep doing that. Well, of course, if I feel like that. Besides, I love having fun, as you may have noticed.

Speaking about fun, where is D00M? I wish he were back. I do miss him. It was really amusing teasing him after he recklessly started teaching me what to do and what not to do.

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 2:03:37 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
I'd agree with both Helene and Palapaguy.

If it is already snowing, I'd say "Do you think it'll be snowing while we're in town?"
If it's not yet snowing, I'd say "Do you think it'll snow while we're in town?"

Funny enough, we seem to be looking at the situation from different perspectives. Your speaker is already in town while mine isn’t. I wish I had thought of the other option, too.

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 1:59:54 AM
palapaguy wrote:
Yes, but "Do you think it will snow while we are in town?" may be better or more common.

I guess it is because people would hardly expect snow falling throughout their whole stay in town. I would call ‘a stay’ a period of time not less than a day or at least a long winter night.
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 4:00:49 PM
Yes, if you mean snow falling throughout your whole stay in town.
Topic: Russian thugs at work
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 3:16:55 PM
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
No, folks, if you look at factual data, for example, here:
https://www.vesselfinder.com/
you will find that it is not only Ukrainian ships that are not allowed the passage, it is ALL ships, Russian included. Everybody is waiting on both sides (Black and Azov Seas). Probably because of weather conditions.

Oh, yes. The weather conditions in Kerch are terrible right now. The wind is 17 km/h, which the Beaufort scale describes as “gentle breeze” with waves up to about 1 meter high, when “leaves and small twigs are in constant motion and light flags are extended”.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ua/kerch/322468/hourly-weather-forecast/322468

Who would doubt that Russia can anchor hundreds of its ships to fake bad wheather conditions.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.