Number of Posts: 1,942
[0.22% of all post / 1.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: producer or manufacturer
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:52:13 AM
Thank you, FounDit!
Topic: producer or manufacturer
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:49:41 PM
Is a company that buys sunflower seeds, roasts them and sells in small packets "producer" or "manufacturer"?

Topic: Happy Easter!
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:41:19 PM
leonAzul wrote:
This is one of the more reasonable axioms of the Roman Church: that humans are flawed ab ovum, which has been given the rather unfortunate label of "Original Sin".

I wonder why God created people with such a poor resistance to sin. To keep himself busy having to make floods, burning down cities, destroying peoples, armies and individuals?
Topic: When does Santa Claus come?
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:31:58 PM
FounDit wrote:
He comes at night(time), in the night(time), and (at some point)during the night.

Do you mean I can say any of these if a child asks, "When does Santa Clause come"?
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:29:47 PM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
In Finland Joulupukki comes in the evening, exactly at six pm. During the evening, anyway.

Children here believe that Santa Claus comes when they are fast asleep, so evening won't do.
Topic: How to get 77% of the vote
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:26:37 PM
Putin won the presidential election with 77% of the vote. This is how the result was really achieved. (You can see how members of the election commissions throw in packets of ballots themselves and how voters throw more than one ballot into the ballot boxes.)
Presidential election in Russia

And here is Putin’s real result. (The poster reads “Honk if you’re against Putin”. Mind that some drivers could not or did not have time to react while others were simply intimidated by Putin's regime.)
Election on the road
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:33:07 AM
jacobusmaximus wrote:
For reasons that will be obvious, I am not casting any pearls here.

It’s a public forum, Jacobus, so it's quite natural there are some "swines" here. However, there are also lots of those who are eager to listen to the truth that you probably know about God’s attempts to improve the human race. Anyway, if you are a really righteous Christian, you must obey what Jesus once said, “Whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing” (John 14:12).
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 2:04:39 AM
Does Santa Claus come at night, in the night or during the night?

Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 4:31:09 PM
whatson wrote:
What puzzles me, though, is why the Father didn't repeat the Flood-trick if He became dissatisfied with Adam-and- Eve-kind anew.

Because the Flood didn’t work. God saved the most righteous people to only end up having, in the long run, the same mixture of very few righteous and the majority of unrighteous ones, just as before the Flood. What puzzles me, though, is that He, who knows what will happen, couldn’t predict the result.
Topic: During vs Over vs For
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 1:58:54 PM
FounDit wrote:
A native speaker would understand it to mean that at no time did she abandon her dream during 14 years. So the idea is of a specific time, or times, that might have occurred when she did so.

As she might have done so any split second, that is an infinite number of times, it would make much more sense to say “she never abandoned… for 14 years” than to make the listener imagine how she didn’t abandon… each time out of that infinite number of times.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.