Topic: Ted, a thirty-six year old man, suddenly woke up
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:34:36 PM
Dear NKM:

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards.
Topic: Ted, a thirty-six year old man, suddenly woke up
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:06:31 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"Ted, a thirty-six year old man, suddenly woke up in a apartment located in downtown, whose walls have recently been painted in white. He felt certain that he had overslept, and will be late. He confirmed that by looking at his alarm clock, which is at least 30 years old which he cares as if it were one of his favorite treasures."

Thanks.
Topic: Before starting the second joke, Kimberly walked
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 10:40:24 AM
Hello.

I had que following questions.

Before starting the second joke, Kimberly walked back and forth in the guest room of the apartment wondering if it would be a good idea. She had seen how the first one had affected Kevin's acting, who was, above all, an overly nostalgic man, unable to forget and forgive the mistakes that he made in his past.

-Mark, this visit is not planned as the first one.
-Kimberly, please, don't start with this again.

Thanks.

It is correct to write "Before starting the second joke, Kimberly walked back and forth in the guest room of the apartment wondering if it would be a good idea."

It is correct to write "She had seen how the first one had affected Kevin's acting, who was, above all, an overly nostalgic man, unable to forget and forgive the mistakes that he made in his past."

It is correct to write "Mark, this visit is not planned as the first one."

It is correct to write "Kimberly, please, don't start with this again."

Thanks.

Topic: They both walked towards the restaurant
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:37:20 AM
Hello.

I want to ask the following questions:

They both walked towards the restaurant. After Kevin entered to Mandy's, people looked with distrust at Ralf, the hobo, who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter.

-Come on Ralf, I am starving!
-I don´t know Kevin. This place is not for me.
-We are just two people who want to have breakfast. You have given me many words that have helped me not to let myself be frightened by others and their senseless prejudices.

Kevin's words convinced him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were
well attended by the waiters.

It is correct to write "They both walked towards the restaurant."?

It is correct to write "After Kevin entered to Mandy's, people looked with distrust at Ralf, the hobo, who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter."?

It is correct to write "I don´t know Kevin. This place is not for me."?

It is correct to write "We are just two people who want to have breakfast. You have given me many words that have helped me not to let myself be frightened by others and their senseless prejudices."?

It is correct to write "Kevin's words convinced him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were well attended by the waiters."?

Thanks.
Topic: Ralf, a hobo, was sitting on the street with his dog
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:09:49 AM
Dear forum members: First of all, thanks for all your time and help.

This is my new try on the sentences. But I still have the following questions:

Ralf, a hobo, was sitting on the street with his dog. Crossing the traffic light on foot was Kevin, walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual. Suddenly he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual, which caused that Kevin decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf.

It is correct to write "Ralf, a hobo, was sitting on the street with his dog"

It is correct to write "Crossing the traffic light on foot was Kevin, walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual."

It is correct to write "Suddenly he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual, which caused that Kevin decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf.."

Thanks.
Topic: Walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:00:11 AM
Dear pjharvey:

Thanks for your help and time.

I will try to explain about the subjects (sorry for the confussion)

Ralf: Is a hobo
Kevin: Is a man, around 35 years old

"Ralf was sitting on the street with his dog. Suddenly, Kevin a man of 36 years old, was walking towards the old theater performing his ritual. After seeing his old friend he noticed that Ralf was in a worse condition than usual, which caused him to strangely decide to break his self-imposed ritual rules and go to talk to Ralf.

They both walked towards the restaurant, Mandy's. Kevin went in and saw that people looked with distrust at Ralf, whose clothes were ragged, for which reason Ralf refrained from stepping in. Kevin's words convinced him to go in without being afraid or feeling guilty; once inside, the waiters served them well."

Thanks.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:17:36 AM
Dear pjharvey:

First of all, thanks for your answer.

Ralf is a hobo and he was sitting in the floor.

The ritual consist in the following: Kevin must walk from his house to the theater, doing a lot of things, saying determined things, running in determined places, sitting in determined places, and a lot of things.

Thanks.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:18:36 AM

I have the following questions:

Ralf was sitting on the floor of the street with his dog. Kevin, Walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual, he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual, which caused that Kevin strangely decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf.

They both walked towards the restaurant. Kevin entered to Mandy's. People looked with distrust at Ralf who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter. Kevin's words convince him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were well attended by the waiters.

It is correct to write "Ralf was sitting on the floor of the street with his dog"

It is correct to write "Walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual, he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual."

It is correct to write "which caused that Kevin strangely decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf."

It is correct to write "They both walked towards the restaurant. Kevin entered to Mandy's. People looked with distrust at Ralf who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter."

It is correct to write "Kevin's words convince him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were well attended by the waiters."

Thanks.

Topic: Ralf was sitting on the floor of the street with his dog
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:31:54 PM

Ralf was sitting on the floor of the street with his dog. Kevin, Walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual, he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual, which caused that Kevin strangely decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf.

-Hello Ralf!
-Hello Kevin!
-Have you had your breakfast?
-No. Sometimes you can, sometimes not. This is life on the street. This is life on the street.
-Come on, breakfast is on me!
-Do not bother Kevin, it's not necessary.
-It's an invitation I make to a friend. I wish we could talk while we had breakfast.

They both walked towards the restaurant. Kevin entered to Mandy's. People looked with distrust at Ralf who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter.

-Come on Ralf, I am starving!
-I don´t know Kevin. This place is not for me.
-We are just two people who want to have breakfast. You have given me many words that have helped me not to let myself be frightened by others and their senseless prejudices.

Kevin's words convince him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were well attended by the waiters.

It is correct to write "Ralf was sitting on the floor of the street with his dog"

It is correct to write "Walking the streets towards the old theater performing his ritual, he saw his old friend, in a worse condition than usual."

It is correct to write "which caused that Kevin strangely decided to break his self-imposed rules of his own ritual and came to talk to Ralf."

It is correct to write "Have you had your breakfast?"

It is correct to write "Sometimes you can, sometimes not. This is life on the street. This is life on the street."

It is correct to write "It's an invitation I make to a friend. I wish we could talk while we had breakfast."

It is correct to write "They both walked towards the restaurant. Kevin entered to Mandy's. People looked with distrust at Ralf who had ragged clothes, reason why he refused to enter."

It is correct to write "We are just two people who want to have breakfast. You have given me many words that have helped me not to let myself be frightened by others and their senseless prejudices."

It is correct to write "Kevin's words convince him to enter without guilt or fears to the restaurant, where they were well attended by the waiters."

Thanks.

Topic: Which is the most beautiful dog?
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 10:01:38 AM

-Which is the most beautiful dog?

-Ehhh… I remember you said you didn't like the dogs.

-Come on, which is the most beautiful dog?

-I don't know…

-St. Bernard is the most beautiful dog. Where would you like to go on vacation?

-Davenport.

-Waaaaaa, really? I go to the South always.

It is correct to write "Which is the most beautiful dog?"

It is correct to write "Ehhh… I remember you said you didn't like the dogs."

It is correct to write "Come on, which is the most beautiful dog?"

It is correct to write "St. Bernard is the most beautiful dog. Where would you like to go on vacation?"

It is correct to write "St. Bernard is the most beautiful dog. Where would you like to go on vacation?"

It is correct to write "Waaaaaa, really? I go to the South always."

Thanks.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.