User Name: Nikitus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 200
[0.03% of all post / 0.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Mark and Trish began to make strange noises.
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:57:06 AM
Hello.

I want to ask again a question.

http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst146005_Mark-and-Trish-begin-to-make-strange-noises-as-footsteps.aspx

The reason is because this time I write it in past tense.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"Mark and Trish began to made strange noises, such as the sounds of footsteps and slamming doors echoing throughout the entire house, while special incense was being sprayed. Voices could also be heard, as if coming from within the house."

Thanks!
Topic: Ted perceives that the drug had began to take hold.
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:09:14 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your time and help to improve my written english.

I want to ask about the following:

Ted perceived that the drug had began to take hold in his friend Kevin. He excuses himself from going to the bathroom to leave the place. When Ted walked to the hallway, he quickly tidied up everything on the shelf, placing the photos of the "spirit" on the shelf.

I tried to write the sentences in past tense.

Thanks.
Topic: Do you really think so?
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:37:19 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your time and help.

-Do you really think so? Being stuck with a sad memory twenty years of his life? Do you really want to see Kevin depressed his entire life, feeling miserable? Because that is exactly what will is gone to happen!"

Tim remained silent, thinking about what Kelly said. After a few minutes, Tim asked a question to her.

-"What do you think we can do?"

Kelly looked at the ceiling. Then she taked the salt cellar and looked at it, seeking for answers. Suddenly an image appeared into her mind.

Is "Being stuck with a sad memory twenty years of his life?" correct?

Is "Do you really want to see Kevin depressed his entire life, feeling miserable?" correct?

Is "Tim remained silent, thinking about what Kelly said. After a few minutes, Tim asked a question to her." correct?

Is "Kelly looked at the ceiling. Then she taked the salt cellar and looked at it, seeking for answers. Suddenly an image appeared into her mind." correct?

Thanks.

Topic: He was stalking me! At first It was kind of funny, but then I saw how it was becoming
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:44:51 PM
Dear You know who I am:

Once again, thanks for all your time and help. I will study your answers to improve my written english.

If there is anything that I can help (spanish language, or another thing I can do) please let me know.

Sincerily.

Nicolás
Topic: Have you wake up your mummy?
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:33:35 PM
I read the discussion I believe it is very interesting. I think some times we tend to think that the inhabitants of a country speak the same way, when they often have different ways of expressing themselves, depending on where they live. In addition, some forms of expression are not exclusive to a single country. Very interesting, thanks.
Topic: He was stalking me! At first It was kind of funny, but then I saw how it was becoming
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:30:14 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

I want to ask if the following sentences are grammatically correct?

-"He was stalking me! At first It was kind of funny, but then I saw how it was becoming worse and worse. And also, you don`t know what really happened the day of the theater club play!", She said.
-"So… what really happened that day Kelly? Could you please enlighten me?", He asked suspiciously.
-"I don´t want to argue with you about what happened twenty years ago right now. But let me ask you a question and please be honest. Do you really believe that your friend Kevin is just fine?"

Tim stared Kelly right into her eyes just for a few seconds, and then he directed his gaze elsewhere.

Is correct "He was stalking me!"?
Is correct "but then I saw how it was becoming worse and worse"?
Is correct "I don´t want to argue with you about what happened twenty years ago right now"?
Is correct "Tim stared Kelly right into her eyes just for a few seconds, and then he directed his gaze elsewhere."?

Thanks.
Topic: I want to share a cup of coffee with you and Kevin.
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 8:55:00 AM
Hello.

First of all, I want to thank all your help and time to improve my written english.

Are the following grammatically correct?

-"I want to share a cup of coffee with you and Kevin. I want to talk to him. Maybe he will finally close that episode of his life.", Kelly said.
-"Forget it Kelly, that‘s out of the question. Maybe he has taken a little longer to forget the whole episode. But you were really cruel to him.", Tim replied.

Thanks.
Topic: You can‘t be sure that Kevin is the guy who is sending flowers to you
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:05:03 AM
Hello to all the members of this forum. First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

Are the following grammatically correct?

-"You can‘t be sure that Kevin is the guy who is sending flowers to you. I remember you had a lot of admirers in High School.", Tim said.
-"Really? Come on Tim! Kevin is your best friend, you know he's been doing it!, Kelly replied.

Thanks.
Topic: The conversation increased in intensity
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 11:33:46 AM
Hello.

First of all, I want to thank all your help and time to improve my written english.

I want to ask about the following:

After a hard meeting between two persons, with their only relationship was went to the same high school
, and also big differences related to a particular subject, Kelly decided to had a more direct strategy with Tim, because all the small talk failed, since Tim only responded with monosyllables and an attitude of tiredness.

The conversation increased in intensity and she asked complicated questions, Tim stared Kelly right into her eyes just for a few seconds and then he directed his gaze elsewhere. He remained silent, thinking about what Kelly said.

Kelly looked at the ceiling. Then she taked the salt cellar and looked at it, seeking for answers. Suddenly an image appeared into her mind.

1) After a hard meeting between two persons, with their only relationship was went to the same high school, and also big differences related to a particular subject?
2)Kelly decided to decided to have a more direct strategy with Tim, because all the small talk failed, since Tim only responded with monosyllables and an attitude of tiredness?
3) The conversation increased in intensity?
4) Kelly looked at the ceiling. Then she taked the salt cellar and looked at it, seeking for answers. Suddenly an image appeared into her mind.

Thanks!
Topic: That
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:45:39 AM
The perfect sentence is used in english language or in written english? or it just rarely used?

Thanks.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.