User Name: Nikitus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 320
[0.04% of all post / 0.19 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: But Tim, did you not understand anything I told you?
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 12:16:13 AM
Hello

First of all, thanks for your time to help me.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"But Tim, did you not understand anything I told you? Everything you tell me is suspiciously strange and sincerely makes no sense. I can not rule out that someone from the beyond came to visit you, perhaps a relative of yours, but you must understand that this is a very remote probability. Many times we suggest ourselves with certain things and see what we want to see."

Thanks.
Topic: I'll be honest and I'll tell you that everything
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:34:38 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for your time helping me to improve my written english.

"I'll be honest and I'll tell you that everything you say sounds too weird, even for you, because let's be sincere, some days you are frankly disturbing. But this is something else, I would say that it seems suspicious, but the reason could be that you are influenced by something that happened to you and is targeted in your unconscious or maybe, and just maybe you were visited by an entity that transcends the human, which can be a good thing but watch out, also something bad."

Thanks.
Topic: I was with my friend Mark, watching a hockey game
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:17:05 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

"I was with my friend Mark, watching a hockey game, and suddenly everything went black, everything. I felt that very strange things happened, smells, images and sounds. The house completely dark. There, out of nowhere, a strange being appears, an entity that I am sure was not human, to visit me to give me a message. I could not believe it, I was stunned, and this being, apparently of the female gender who called herself "Athenea", gave me a message that I could not understand and I'm trying to decipher."

Thanks.
Topic: Despite Tim being cheerful
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 9:05:54 AM
Dear Drag0nspeaker:

Once again, thanks for your help.

Sorry for the bad translation.

"Despite Tim being cheerful about the great majority of jokes he heard, he chose at that moment not to take into account the joke of his friend and continue explaining what happened to him days ago, hoping that the hobo would realize the seriousness that required the issue that he was telling at that moment."

Thanks.

Topic: Despite Tim being cheerful
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 10:53:09 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help.

"Despite Tim being cheerful about the great majority of jokes he heard, he chose at that moment not to take into account the joke of his friend and continue with story, hoping that the hobo would realize the seriousness that required the issue that was counting at that moment."

Thanks.
Topic: When he thought it was the right time
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2018 10:33:52 AM
Dear FounDit:

Thanks for your help, you are right.

Tim is a strange man, haunted for the past and living with a lot of nostalgia and melancholia about a past that he dreamed on and never was as he expected.

That is the reason why he had some rituals that conditioned his life, which he loved and hated at the same time. A strange incident managed to alter this fragile balance, so he decided to change his ritual. That's why in his new ritual, he felt that it was time to get up from the bench. And also why he needed Chuck's advice.

Thanks.

Topic: When he thought it was the right time
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2018 9:16:55 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for your help to improve my written english.

"When he thought it was the right time, he got up from the bench, walked to a bus stop and headed home. Suddenly, he felt the need to get off to meet old Chuck, who despite his bad character and eccentricity, always gave good advice."

Thanks.
Topic: After getting off the bus, he went around until
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:25:57 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

"After getting off the bus, he went around until a viewing point caught his attention. He walked a few minutes to sit on a bench from which he could observe the sea in all its immensity. A long sigh full of nostalgia and melancholy when seeing the waves crash against the stones, made him transport himself to the past and realize that this would be a forced location of his self-imposed new ritual."

Thanks.
Topic: In an absolute silence, he walked until
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:42:36 PM
Hello.

First of all thanks for all your help and time.

I want to ask if the following sentences are grammtically correct?

"In an absolute silence, he walked until he found a stool, where he sat down to proceed to perform a new ritual, taking out of his pocket a velvet pouch which contained his "lucky coins", to choose at random three coins with a strange figure on one side. Then he threw the coins on the floor. When he observed the coins on the ground, head, tails and tails, he told himself in a low voice that he should go ahead with this."

Thanks.
Topic: The ghost's visit affected
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 10:14:49 AM

First of all, thanks for your help Drag0nspeaker!

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hello Nikitus.

There is only one clause which I think is incorrect - and I'm not sure what it means exactly; what you want to say.

"Which had been accentuated in the last time" does not make sense to me as it is written. "In the last time" is not a common idiom, and 'accentuate' does not seem to fit.

"Accentuate" means "to stress", "to emphasise" - in my mind, it is something which is deliberately done.
When you are writing a CV, you accentuate your good points and minimise your faults (it does not make the good points any stronger, just makes people see them more). From the context, it seems that Ron's melancholy actually became stronger.

It could mean "The melancholy, which had been intensified/increased/heightened last time he saw a ghost" or "The melancholy, which had been intensified/increased/heightened in the recent past."

Yes, you are right.

You will need to choose which one means what you mean to say.

Other than that, there are just one 'style' thing I would change.
Because the change-point was when he saw a ghost (a "real" metaphysical ghost), I would not say it made him confront his ghosts (metaphorical ghosts). "Demons" is good. You could just omit "ghosts" or use "spectres" or "phantoms" instead.

Yes, you are right.

Thanks!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.