Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 280
[0.03% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: At the request of his friend, he walked to the place
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:31:45 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

I want to ask about the following

At the request of his friend, he walked to the place where ambulances were. After some consultations, they told him who was the paramedic who picked up the bloody hobo from the back of the theater.

Is it correct to write "At the request of his friend, he walked to the place where ambulances were"

Is it correct to write "they told him who was the paramedic who picked up the bloody hobo from the back of the theater."

Thanks.
Topic: The corridors crowded with sick and whiny people
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:38:09 AM
Dear Parpar1836:

First of all, thanks again for your help.

Yes, you are right, "whiny" was the wrong word to use in this context.

Thanks again.
Topic: The corridors crowded with sick and whiny people
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:40:20 AM
Hello.

I want to ask about the following;

The corridors crowded with sick and whiny people on stretchers shook him and made him think the worst about his hospitalized friend. When he was in front of the door he was invaded by a feeling of anguish at what he could witness. However, after a few minutes, he decided to open it to reconnect with his friend.

Is it correct to write "The corridors crowded with sick and whiny people on stretchers shook him and made him think the worst about his hospitalized friend"

Is it correct to write "When he was in front of the door he was invaded by a feeling of anguish at what he could witness"

Is it correct to write "However, after a few minutes, he decided to open it to reconnect with his friend."

Thanks.
Topic: Despite the negative responses received
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 10:48:58 AM
Hello.

I want to ask about the following:

Despite the negative responses received, some showing the concern for her patient, others the pressure for a public hospital system that was collapsing and finally some showing genuine disinterest in helping him, Tim made the decision to go again directly to the man who attended at the front desk of the hospital.

Is it correct to use "Despite the negative responses received, some showing the concern for her patient"

Is it correct to use "others the pressure for a public hospital system that was collapsing and finally some showing genuine disinterest in helping him"

Is it correct to use "Tim made the decision to go again directly to the man who attended at the front desk of the hospital."

Thanks.

Topic: After confirming one of his worst fears
Posted: Friday, December 01, 2017 8:19:44 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for your help.

"After confirming one of his worst fears, he ran to the hospital to know in what condition the hobo was in after the cowardly attack. When he tried to ask in which room the hobo was in, he found stressed out hospital workers attending too many patients and waiting for an even larger waiting queue of people."

Is it grammatically correct to write "After confirming one of his worst fears, he ran to the hospital to know in what condition the hobo was in after the cowardly attack"

Is it grammatically correct to write "When he tried to ask in which room the hobo was in"

Is it grammatically correct to write "he found stressed out hospital workers attending too many patients and waiting for an even larger waiting queue of people"

Thanks.

Topic: After three days not seeing the hobo with his dogs
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 1:30:44 PM
Dear Parpar1836:

Thank you very much.

I will study your answer to improve my written english.
Topic: After three days not seeing the hobo with his dogs
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:18:57 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help.

"After three days not seeing the hobo with his dogs near the old theater, Tim went to a nearby grocery store to buy a soda. Once he paid, he decided to ask to the clerk if she knew what happened to the hobo, who was his friend."

Is it grammatically correct "After three days not seeing the hobo with his dogs near the old theater"

Is it grammatically correct "Tim went to a nearby grocery store to buy a soda"

Is it grammatically correct "nce he paid, he decided to ask to the clerk if she knew what happened to the hobo, who was his friend"

Thanks,
Topic: Stealthily, sheltered in the darkness of the night
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 7:42:39 AM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time

"Stealthily, sheltered in the darkness of the night, a group of criminals approached the old theater armed with pistols, blades, irons and drums with benzine. They had to be quick and invisible to fulfill their mission: Within the first hours of the morning everyone should think that it was a random fire caused by bad luck.."

Is it grammatically correct "Stealthily, sheltered in the darkness of the night, a group of criminals approached the old theater armed with pistols, blades, irons and drums with benzin"

Is it grammatically correct "They had to be quick and invisible to fulfill their mission"

Is it grammatically correct "Within the first hours of the morning everyone should think that it was a random fire caused by bad luck."

Thanks.

Topic: After those words, silence took over the room
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 8:52:28 AM
Hello.

"After those words, silence took over the room of the City Hall where the future of the old theater would be defined. In many of those present the doubts about what position they should take were increased since although some wanted to help the theater, they were afraid of the consequences of it."

Is is grammatically correct to write "After those words, silence took over the room of the City Hall where the future of the old theater would be defined"

Is it grammatically correct to write "In many of those present the doubts about what position they should take were increased"

Is it grammatically correct to write "since although some wanted to help the theater, they were afraid of the consequences of it"

Thanks.
Topic: Both arrived to the surrondings of the City Hall
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:08:51 AM
Dear Romany, NKM and Drag0nspeaker:

Thanks for your help and time!

Best Regards.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.