Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 725
[0.09% of all post / 0.46 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: adverb/verb/adjective/ noun phrase
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 11:56:34 AM

Kindly help me identifying the italicized phrases.
1.Trembling with excitement, he waited for Mary.
2.The building built recently belongs to William's.
3.The tall boy standing behind Mark is the winner.

To my mind,
1.adverb phrase
2.adverb phrase
3.Noun phrase
Topic: mind of dead baby
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:50:03 AM
The remaining four passengers sat on for a while, until a solemn-looking man in the corner, who, from his dress and general appearance, seemed to belong to the undertaker class, said it put him in mind of dead baby; and the other three passengers tried to get out of the door at the same time, and hurt themselves.

The above extract is from from Jerome K. Jerome's novel Three Men in a boat. This incident describes the cheese episode. Kindly tell me the meaning of the italicized phrase.
Topic: ruby- crowned highrises
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2017 11:40:46 AM
Could you please tell me what does Mary Tallmountain mean by 'ruby- crowned highrises' in her poem The last wolf and I would be grateful to you if you could also tell me the figure of speech used in this phrase.
Topic: please check it for grammatical mistakes
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:57:39 AM
It's my nephew's birthday and I am presenting him a book. I want to write the following note on its front page. Kindly check whether the note is correct or not.

"As you walk along the path of life, make friends with book, then you will never be alone for they will never leave you side and you will grow up to be wise and knowledgeable."
Topic: please check the sentence for mistake
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 7:40:41 AM
"You have to do as many sit-ups as the mistakes you make."

Kindly tell me if the above statement is grammatically correct or not.
Topic: Transformation of sentences
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:35:48 AM
I was asked to transform a complex sentence into compound sentence. The question was 'come when you like.'

I transformed it into 'pick up the time of your choice and you can come then.'

Kindly tell me if what I did is correct or not.
Topic: big chief and white chief in chief Seattle's speech
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:12:37 PM
thank you FounDit for your explanationa nd accept my apologies for acknowledging it.
Topic: please check the sentence for mistake
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:11:33 PM
"The area of framing questions from is huge."

Kindly tell me if the above written statement is correct if I want to mean that the portion from which questions will be asked is vast.
Topic: big chief and white chief in chief Seattle's speech
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:42:51 PM
Kindly tell me who has been referred to as 'white chief' and 'Big chief' in Chief Seattle's speech 1854.

"The white chief says that Big Chief at Washington sends us greetings of friendship and goodwill. This is kind of him for we know he has little need of our friendship in return."
Topic: got your name
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2017 11:57:44 AM
FounDit thanks for the help. Truecaller is an application that can be installed on mobile phones. It shows the true identity of the caller. You can google it.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.