Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: to breed firecrackers?
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 3:15:06 PM
thar wrote:
To breed is to have children, (and to raise them).

So, in your time they produced children with strong character, (and raised their children to be) firecrackers - to be explosive, exciting.

In a person to be a called firecracker means you are passionate - emotional but determined.

Often when you comment in a comic fashion on someone's character, you do so through commenting on the way they are 'bred' - what they are made of.

thanks for the explanation, as I said I knew what is To breed but I didn't know firecracker also refered to someone with a strong character, I only knew it was some kind of firework or small explosive.

Thanks for the help ;)
Topic: to breed firecrackers?
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 3:02:35 PM
I saw this and I dont know what it means, I'm guessing is some kind of expression? because I know the meaning of breed and firecrackers, but I can't get the meaning of this phrase on this context.

The context, by the way,It is from a chapter of doctor who, a woman from the past and a man are arguing:

man: -I shall put you across my knee and spank you.

woman: -Try and I'll snap your neck in a heartbeat.

man: -Mm. Well, they certainly bred firecrackers in your time

any help with this?

thanks
Topic: riffing
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:54:59 AM
encontré esta palabra, riffing, y no se cual sería la traducción en Español, el contexto:

I'm riffing, people usually stop me when I'm riffing, or carry on without me.

¿Pueden ayudarme?

¡Un saludo!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.