The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Arquebus
About
User Name: Arquebus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Language, Literature, Ideology, Programming, and Reading.
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 180
[0.02% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wealth should not be seized...for if a man take great wealth violently and perforce, or if he steal it through his tongue, as...
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2017 9:58:47 AM
The greatest revenge is being alive.

"Foolishness is indeed the sister of wickedness."
Topic: Once again, neonazis resort to threats of violence
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2017 9:36:34 AM
Interesting how people don't get along for simple reasons. Makes me wonder how people deal with complex issues.

Topic: Do you know the new meaning of "WOKE"?
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 12:09:05 PM
Hearing it around millennials tells me one thing, it's something that's not worth mentioning.

Anyway, it means that you have transcended certain knowledge that deems you superior to "sheeple" don't understand it.

Topic: The human spirit is a milk carton.
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:14:15 PM
To everyone that would raise an eye to this.

I completely understand this does not make any sense, in fact, I didn't even say any of this. It was a fellow I met on the street that decided to spew his pseudo intellectual dribble onto me, and I just am I asking if he has any tenability in his statements or is just a ploy to make me seem stupid?

Topic: The human spirit is a milk carton.
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:34:19 PM
It is said that most of us apparently use 10% of our brains capacity. This is because apparently our thinking is impeded by our "character armor". Since many people don't speak the truth, they spend a huge amount of time finding pathways to FUNCTION without a truth barrier.
Why is this? The recent documentary you linked be based on "The century of self" kinda covers this.
Why do people spend so much time bottling up weird fetishes and crazy lies that causes certain people to believe them? Is there a reasonable answer for this?

Topic: An interesting dilemma.
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:07:26 AM
Interesting replies everyone. Yes Drag0nspeaker you are right, this would be more of a paradox than it is a dilemma.

Topic: An interesting dilemma.
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:38:34 PM
After a long time thinking about such a dilemma I've finally come to my senses and decide to ask the people of TFD.

If hypothetically there were an IQ scale out of 10--1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest--why do most people rate themselves a 7 or higher when in reality they are AT MOST a 4 or 5?

I think it's a very well known phenomenon that normal people think that they're somewhat above average, and above average people think that they're somewhat below average, and dumb people often think they're geniuses.
When you're dumb, you don't even know how little you know. When you're smart, you're usually deeply aware of your own shortcomings. And people always assume that other minds are like theirs, but that's not necessarily true.

Topic: The net
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:32:54 PM
Hello again Paul,

You ask some very curious questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, but can you be a little bit more specific with what type of program you are referring too? Whether it be toolbar, desktop, or cloud.

Best Wishes,

- A

Topic: Concerning HML and Hyperlink.
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:28:01 PM
Hey Paul my good friend good to see you once again.

During the "webolution of late 1990s" HTML and Hyperlink were technologies formed to create better connections between people and information. It allowed almost instantaneous access to and fro webpages arranged on websites.

Concerning your question, no it is "degrading" it is just the way you use technology. For the majority of people it doesn't concern them how they use the internet and grammar in coherence but rather how it is displayed on a webpage.

My two cents as always.

Best Wishes,

- A

Topic: Free Dictionary WRONG!
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:58:12 PM
Don't be so quick to the peddle my man

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.